Pages: 1 ... 106 107 [108] 109 110 ... 122   
Print
Author Topic: COVID-19  (Read 65619 times)
-Phil-
Purple - 2020
Food Critic

Garlic Salt for taste

View Profile
« Reply #1605 on: August 09, 2020, 08:37:59 PM »

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8600105/Almost-100-people-catch-COVID-19-one-infected-man-went-church-Ohio.html

...This is why in-person service is a bad idea. Exasperated

Thank you for supporting my KCP entries and helping Delta appear in the tournament!
Forum Guy Funny Moments:
Revali
Rito Champion
Restaurant Legend

Hyrule is in danger.

View Profile
« Reply #1606 on: August 09, 2020, 08:49:44 PM »

Bored

Impressive, I know. Very few can achieve a mastery of the sky. Yet I have made an art of creating an updraft that allows me to soar. It's considered to be quite the masterpiece of aerial techniques, even among the Rito. With proper utilization of my superior skills, I see no reason why we couldn't easily dispense with Ganon. Now then, my ability to explore the firmament is certainly of note... But let's not - pardon me for being so blunt - let's not forget the fact I am the most skilled archer of all the Rito. Yet despite these truths, it seems that I have been tapped to merely assist you. All because you happen to have that little darkness-sealing sword on your back. I mean, it's just ... asinine. Unless... you think you can prove me wrong? Maybe we should just settle this one on one? But where...? Oh, I know! How about up there?! Oh, you must pardon me. I forgot you have no way of making it up to that Divine Beast on your own! Good luck sealing the darkness!
JEBZ Komics
Four boys and comics!
Restaurant Master

View Profile
« Reply #1607 on: August 09, 2020, 11:16:03 PM »

Brother E: I don't believe that what so ever. It was probably because everyone went to Walmart. More people have a chance being infected there instead of a church.  Besides,  how do they even know he started the spread? What kind of guess is that?

May the best customer win KCP! Cheesy
-Phil-
Purple - 2020
Food Critic

Garlic Salt for taste

View Profile
« Reply #1608 on: August 09, 2020, 11:36:55 PM »

Brother E: I don't believe that what so ever. It was probably because everyone went to Walmart. More people have a chance being infected there instead of a church.  Besides,  how do they even know he started the spread? What kind of guess is that?
It's because they thought about it logically, and how a single community that only comes together for church all got COVID in a matter of weeks. There is no way all these churchgoers coincidentally got the virus at the same time. The man was identified and everything too. I'm not sure how this can be refuted by you?

No offense, but also throwing Walmart into the argument seems a bit like a scapegoat. All of them got the virus from the same grocery store all in the same time-span of two weeks? That is nonsense.

Thank you for supporting my KCP entries and helping Delta appear in the tournament!
Forum Guy Funny Moments:
JEBZ Komics
Four boys and comics!
Restaurant Master

View Profile
« Reply #1609 on: August 09, 2020, 11:39:56 PM »

It's because they thought about it logically, and how a single community that only comes together for church all got COVID in a matter of weeks. There is no way all these churchgoers coincidentally got the virus at the same time. The man was identified and everything too. I'm not sure how this can be refuted by you?

No offense, but also throwing Walmart into the argument seems a bit like a scapegoat. All of them got the virus from the same grocery store all in the same time-span of two weeks? That is nonsense.
Brother E: It didn't say church goers got it, it said 100 people in the community got it. That means people who don't go to church probably got it as well. So they could have gotten it from anyone, just not the church.

-Phil-
Purple - 2020
Food Critic

Garlic Salt for taste

View Profile
« Reply #1610 on: August 10, 2020, 12:08:16 AM »

Brother E: It didn't say church goers got it, it said 100 people in the community got it. That means people who don't go to church probably got it as well. So they could have gotten it from anyone, just not the church.
You're getting community itself confused with community spread. The man attended a church service whilst infected with COVID, and while there, potentially coming into contact with dozens of people (depending on how involved with the church he is), and through these interactions, enabled community spread (Spreading the virus/sicknesses in a setting where the newly-infected have had no other way of being handed the illness, all happening in their own area/city, or in this case, their church). He was also dubbed a 'super spreader,' who just made a lasting impact on the cases around where he lives, because, with so many people he infected, those people he gave the virus to will now most likely give the virus to others as well, people not within their church's circle. I'd also like to touch onto your point that suggests "More people have a chance being infected at [Walmart] instead of a church." Sure, I'm sure Walmart, sadly, has helped transmit the disease many times before, but, you, as devout as you are, do you not know what the nature of church really feels like? The many times I've went,  everyone feels close together, talking up close to one-another, sitting right next to each other in the pews while the pastor talks the holy word... One of the bigger aspects to church is interacting with your neighbors and community, so how does that mean these places are just absent from spreading the virus? They aren't. Over this pandemic there's been multiple cases of spread through church services, including some from mega-churches, with well over hundreds of goers for their events. As well, so many elderly people attend service, the population most likely to succumb to the virus. I understand that you, as a Christian, feel that churches having these problems is strange and you might have some sort of denial in actually accepting them as virus hot spots, but the setting of churches as a whole are so perfectly aligned for spreading COVID that it's sadly unreal. I don't know if you still attend church in-person or not right now, but if you do, then I really hope you guys don't catch it, because it's a danger, and service is an easy place for you to catch it, or have a wide spreading impact on a church community. Stay safe.

Forum Guy Funny Moments:
JEBZ Komics
Four boys and comics!
Restaurant Master

View Profile
« Reply #1611 on: August 10, 2020, 07:28:34 AM »

You're getting community itself confused with community spread. The man attended a church service whilst infected with COVID, and while there, potentially coming into contact with dozens of people (depending on how involved with the church he is), and through these interactions, enabled community spread (Spreading the virus/sicknesses in a setting where the newly-infected have had no other way of being handed the illness, all happening in their own area/city, or in this case, their church). He was also dubbed a 'super spreader,' who just made a lasting impact on the cases around where he lives, because, with so many people he infected, those people he gave the virus to will now most likely give the virus to others as well, people not within their church's circle. I'd also like to touch onto your point that suggests "More people have a chance being infected at [Walmart] instead of a church." Sure, I'm sure Walmart, sadly, has helped transmit the disease many times before, but, you, as devout as you are, do you not know what the nature of church really feels like? The many times I've went,  everyone feels close together, talking up close to one-another, sitting right next to each other in the pews while the pastor talks the holy word... One of the bigger aspects to church is interacting with your neighbors and community, so how does that mean these places are just absent from spreading the virus? They aren't. Over this pandemic there's been multiple cases of spread through church services, including some from mega-churches, with well over hundreds of goers for their events. As well, so many elderly people attend service, the population most likely to succumb to the virus. I understand that you, as a Christian, feel that churches having these problems is strange and you might have some sort of denial in actually accepting them as virus hot spots, but the setting of churches as a whole are so perfectly aligned for spreading COVID that it's sadly unreal. I don't know if you still attend church in-person or not right now, but if you do, then I really hope you guys don't catch it, because it's a danger, and service is an easy place for you to catch it, or have a wide spreading impact on a church community. Stay safe.
Brother E: I understand in some senses what you are getting at, but I still think they are grasping at straws.

And yes, me and a lot of Christians believe they are shutting churches down for no reason.  Like I said,  they let everyone go to stores and theme parks, and even let dentists work your mouth, but when it's a church,  they are all trying to shut them down. Yes, churches may be hotspots,  but so are stores and theme parks. If you aren't going to shut them down,  don't let the churches get shut down. Because where I live, even though they say wear a mask, people go into stores,  sometimes ourselves, without masks and don't even get in trouble.

AskJoe
Global Moderator
Papa's Replacement

View Profile
« Reply #1612 on: August 10, 2020, 02:46:56 PM »

Churches are nonessential businesses, whereas grocery stores are essential businesses. Furthermore, based on the nature of church services you are way more likely to catch the virus at church than at the store.
When you go to the store you go in, get what you need, pay, and leave. At the store there is often no human interaction, or very little. In contrast, when you go to church you will sit in a crowded area where social distancing is nearly impossible, and you stay at a church much longer then you would the grocery store. If you go to church during the pandemic good luck, not catching the virus.
During the pandemic churches should just close down, they are nonessential businesses after all. Alternatives to attending church which don't involve the risk of infecting others include watching church services on TV, or attending online church services.
While stores are essential, and people are much less likely to get the virus at the store, I still recommend minimizing your visits to the store during the pandemic, and making use of services such as online shopping (Amazon is a better place to shop than Walmart, during times of crisis), grocery delivery, and curbside grocery pickup when possible.
JEBZ Komics
Four boys and comics!
Restaurant Master

View Profile
« Reply #1613 on: August 10, 2020, 04:04:53 PM »

Churches are nonessential businesses, whereas grocery stores are essential businesses. Furthermore, based on the nature of church services you are way more likely to catch the virus at church than at the store.
When you go to the store you go in, get what you need, pay, and leave. At the store there is often no human interaction, or very little. In contrast, when you go to church you will sit in a crowded area where social distancing is nearly impossible, and you stay at a church much longer then you would the grocery store. If you go to church during the pandemic good luck, not catching the virus.
During the pandemic churches should just close down, they are nonessential businesses after all. Alternatives to attending church which don't involve the risk of infecting others include watching church services on TV, or attending online church services.
While stores are essential, and people are much less likely to get the virus at the store, I still recommend minimizing your visits to the store during the pandemic, and making use of services such as online shopping (Amazon is a better place to shop than Walmart, during times of crisis), grocery delivery, and curbside grocery pickup when possible.
Brother E: Well, the same happens in the church in a sense.  You walk in, greet people, have the service,  and leave. Some people spend hours longer in theme parks and stores than they do in services.

Hades
hates school.
Restaurant Legend

pfft

View Profile
« Reply #1614 on: August 10, 2020, 04:08:10 PM »

I mean your belief just becomes bigger, what else?

90s are the best music decade
AskJoe
Global Moderator
Papa's Replacement

View Profile
« Reply #1615 on: August 10, 2020, 04:09:47 PM »

Brother E: Well, the same happens in the church in a sense.  You walk in, greet people, have the service,  and leave. Some people spend hours longer in theme parks and stores than they do in services.
Who actually greets people in a store?
ejb5634
Sundae Master

View Profile
« Reply #1616 on: August 10, 2020, 06:16:23 PM »

Ummm, no. Sometimes, you talk or sing as a congregation, which is very dangerous for people.

Quotes I enjoy:
Fernanda Toastwood, owner of the Odipiso house, died.
This onion describes my current mental state
Hi, sir. Do you need an exorcism =)
Anybody want to come with me? I'm moving to Mars.
Ianiant [Oct 12 11:44 PM]:   This forum needs a dark mods.
Dark Synth [Oct 12 11:46 PM]:   What up dorks
You called me "dude," assuming that I conform to your standard

Binary

Nickname

System

good one with the music Laugh
I just used my skills from school to write an essay on why a kids cooking game won't work on a console...
what has my life turned into?
JEBZ Komics
Four boys and comics!
Restaurant Master

View Profile
« Reply #1617 on: August 10, 2020, 07:39:52 PM »

Brother E: Fine, we'll agree to disagree. I and many other people who go to church believe that it's the same or worse in stores and theme parks because people touch everything, but you guys don't. So, it's a matter of opinions.

-Phil-
Purple - 2020
Food Critic

Garlic Salt for taste

View Profile
« Reply #1618 on: August 10, 2020, 09:34:03 PM »

Brother E: Fine, we'll agree to disagree. I and many other people who go to church believe that it's the same or worse in stores and theme parks because people touch everything, but you guys don't. So, it's a matter of opinions.
Most stores (About all Walmarts too, as far as I know) throw out food/groceries that are caught being touched on like camera, and most stores are not allowing you to return items you purchase out of fear of potentially having the virus contaminating the product. Stores really are doing their best to make sure you aren't infected, and although the process may not be 100% perfect, they're taking a lot more steps to preventing spread through their shops, compared to churches where many places of worship aren't even suggesting mask to be worn.

Considering your stance, I really do hope you don't catch the virus and I wish you safety, because it may be too late by the time you realize your small use of precautions taken to handle the virus were of poor judgement. Hmm

Forum Guy Funny Moments:
JEBZ Komics
Four boys and comics!
Restaurant Master

View Profile
« Reply #1619 on: August 10, 2020, 09:43:32 PM »

Most stores (About all Walmarts too, as far as I know) throw out food/groceries that are caught being touched on like camera, and most stores are not allowing you to return items you purchase out of fear of potentially having the virus contaminating the product. Stores really are doing their best to make sure you aren't infected, and although the process may not be 100% perfect, they're taking a lot more steps to preventing spread through their shops, compared to churches where many places of worship aren't even suggesting mask to be worn.

Considering your stance, I really do hope you don't catch the virus and I wish you safety, because it may be too late by the time you realize your small use of precautions taken to handle the virus were of poor judgement. Hmm
Brother E: Our older sister already got Covid last week, but it's all over now.  Well, that's  what the doctors said, but she was just sore and tired and didn't have Covid symptoms. Still her work ordered her to get tested. She feels perfect now. None of were positive, even though there is 8 in our house.  But we still go out and about without masks even though she "supposedly" was positive.

Pages: 1 ... 106 107 [108] 109 110 ... 122   
Print
Jump to:  

Sorry, you must have JavaScript enabled to use the Flipline Forum.