Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 110   
Print
Author Topic: COVID-19  (Read 39924 times)
Adventure4u1
Loves a a Good Story
Taco Builder

View Profile
« Reply #1005 on: April 11, 2020, 11:25:55 AM »

Basically everyone underestimated it and they aren't laughing now. If everyone just stayed indoors and listened this wouldn't have been as bad. This further proves humans can not rule themselves.

If companies didn't limit sick leave to 3 days, if restaurant/fast food/retail employees didn't pay employees minimum wage for less then full-time hours and demand an expensive doctor's not to take time off, if colleges permitted makeup examples,  didn't require attendance, made it easy to be excused for illnesses, then we wouldn't need government regulation. 

If people just listened to rules this could be over within weeks. Instead, people still wanna go out and see their friends because "the weather is nice"

Tell me about,  my parents are oh, let's go on a hike- never mind the park is crowded- because it's nice!   It's a county park,  with narrow two-way trails and summertime crowds.  Parking lots are full of cars,  and it's not like each car only has one person in it, as kids are out of school. 

Those are idiots Smiley

Martial law is gonna end up becoming America's standard response for Pandemics and Epidemics in the future. 
The color of mood is blue
Snom
Restaurant Star

View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: April 11, 2020, 11:33:29 AM »

If companies didn't limit sick leave to 3 days, if restaurant/fast food/retail employees didn't pay employees minimum wage for less then full-time hours and demand an expensive doctor's not to take time off, if colleges permitted makeup examples,  didn't require attendance, made it easy to be excused for illnesses, then we wouldn't need government regulation. 

Tell me about,  my parents are oh, let's go on a hike- never mind the park is crowded- because it's nice!   It's a county park,  with narrow two-way trails and summertime crowds.  Parking lots are full of cars,  and it's not like each car only has one person in it, as kids are out of school. 

Martial law is gonna end up becoming America's standard response for Pandemics and Epidemics in the future. 
AMEN TO YOUR FIRST POINT! For so many people you can’t just stay indoors and stay at home

hEllo teeewedgie I’m excite d to play a fun game of twg goood noiiiiiiggt
Ocean Drive
Inactive
Better Than Papa!

I'll leave you with the cat in the hat.

View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: April 11, 2020, 11:36:05 AM »

I'm not talking about communism capitalism or whatever, I'm talking about the human race as a whole being incapable to run the world. It's not humanly possible.

24th September 2013 - 25th July 2020

Goodbye!
AskJoe
Global Moderator
Papa's Replacement

View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: April 11, 2020, 12:30:32 PM »

I hope people stay home tomorrow, rather than going out and celebrating just because it's a holiday. Celebrating Easter is not worth the risk of spreading coronavirus.
Ianiant
Better Than Papa!

View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: April 11, 2020, 12:55:20 PM »

AMEN TO YOUR FIRST POINT! For so many people you can’t just stay indoors and stay at home

I think colleges don't allow for make-up exams so that it's more fair.

AskJoe
Global Moderator
Papa's Replacement

View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: April 11, 2020, 01:16:11 PM »

I think colleges don't allow for make-up exams so that it's more fair.
That's up to the professor, but many professors will allow a student to take an exam late if the student has a legitimate reason for needing to do so.
Ianiant
Better Than Papa!

View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: April 11, 2020, 01:26:30 PM »

That's up to the professor, but many professors will allow a student to take an exam late if the student has a legitimate reason for needing to do so.

Most of my professors require notice ahead of time where they take it before everyone else, and my anthropology professor enforces a paper in lieu of the exam.

Adventure4u1
Loves a a Good Story
Taco Builder

View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: April 11, 2020, 04:47:38 PM »

Context about schools?  
https://azdailysun.com/flaglive/rearview/college_chronicles/sick-sorry-you-still-have-to-go-to-class/article_f15ac5ee-c4a5-5d72-bbc2-824a35b0aca8.html
AskJoe
Global Moderator
Papa's Replacement

View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: April 11, 2020, 04:49:47 PM »

Trump has issued a major disaster declaration for all 50 states.
https://www.cnbc.com/2020/04/11/every-state-in-the-us-is-now-under-a-major-disaster-declaration-amid-coronavirus-pandemic.html
Ianiant
Better Than Papa!

View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: April 11, 2020, 05:10:38 PM »

In college, if you get sick, you go to class anyway.

AskJoe
Global Moderator
Papa's Replacement

View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: April 11, 2020, 05:37:51 PM »

In college, if you get sick, you go to class anyway.
I have never gone to class sick. If I get sick I email the professor saying I won't be able to make it to class, or if I need to miss class for any other reason.

Additionally, many professors will let you take an exam late or turn in an assignment late if needed. All you have to do is email them and ask, assuming you have a legitimate reason. Most professors  won't explicitly say they do this, because they don't want students taking advantage of it, but that doesn't mean they don't.
Hermes
Restaurant Master

Khat

View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: April 11, 2020, 06:04:33 PM »

The mortality rate here has gone up a lot recently. Yesterday it was at around 4.2% I think. Today it went up to 5.12%
Update: Now it's at 6.47%
Ianiant
Better Than Papa!

View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: April 11, 2020, 06:16:02 PM »

I think the U.S. has about a 4% mortality rate now. Grimace

Ocean Drive
Inactive
Better Than Papa!

I'll leave you with the cat in the hat.

View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: April 12, 2020, 12:44:06 AM »

All the advice they gave out in the early stages of this like "don't come to work if you have a, b and c" I was doing anyway.

24th September 2013 - 25th July 2020

Goodbye!
Abu
Radley's Rival

Альхамдулиллах!

View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: April 12, 2020, 07:57:52 AM »

Spoiler:
Sorry for reply too late, but I have points who you can't take in count. Is true who the mexican states are reporting many more cases of pneumonia than COVID-19, but the pneumonia cases reported during this season is common and the majority of the states are reporting less cases of pneumonia than the last year. So actually there is no enough evidence who the significally of that cases of pneumonia are really the SARS-CoV-2. Unfortunatelly the people with pneumonia can get sick with the SARS-CoV-2, so is important they like the rest of citizens always stay in home.

With respect of the shot up of the letality rate is mainly because the hospitals takes many time to confirm a case of COVID-19 than the low time taked to confirm a death by COVID-19, since they need at least 2 or 3 days to get the analysis to confirm them, so the cases are more real to death cases than confirmed cases at a day and there are people who unfortunately deaths before get the analysis.

And with respect of we deserve a much better government, this happens with all federal and locals governments, we also want to get finally a better government each legislature, personally I have more disgust with locals ones than with the federal, since on case of my city and state the local goverment makes the federal looks good and I'm not talking about smokescreens, and thanks to wish us that!
Yo veo, gracias por tu respuesta!
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 110   
Print
Jump to:  

Sorry, you must have JavaScript enabled to use the Flipline Forum.