Pages: 1 ... 107 108 [109] 110 111 ... 121   
Print
Author Topic: COVID-19  (Read 59030 times)
Hades
hates school.
Papa's Replacement

Horror fan since well... forever.

View Profile
« Reply #1620 on: July 23, 2020, 04:22:05 PM »

He tested positive Depressed

good luck, buddy

Oh, hi, Mark!
Hades
hates school.
Papa's Replacement

View Profile
« Reply #1621 on: July 23, 2020, 04:22:57 PM »

Im happy, my mom had to go to another city for something and she didnt get the virus.

Oh, hi, Mark!
AstroSmokey
Professional CouchPotato
Restaurant Star

View Profile
« Reply #1622 on: July 27, 2020, 04:34:44 AM »

My mom's aunt have died due to COVID-19. I didn't cry, because she lived a good life in peace and I know that she is in a better place now, but it's still really sad the fact that we will not see her again. Rest in peace, great aunt. Pensive
Sorry for the late reply, but my condolences to you and your family. May she rest in peace.  Depressed
MilkyWaffle
EAT THE WAFFLE!!!
Franchise Owner

What?

View Profile
« Reply #1623 on: July 27, 2020, 05:48:28 AM »

There is, I think, 5 cases in my neighborhood Sad

You probably know me as Onion and luka06
Hades
hates school.
Papa's Replacement

View Profile
« Reply #1624 on: July 27, 2020, 06:59:58 AM »

There is, I think, 5 cases in my neighborhood Sad

stay home, bud

Oh, hi, Mark!
Hades
hates school.
Papa's Replacement

View Profile
« Reply #1625 on: July 28, 2020, 11:09:49 AM »

oh god i think we will have total quarantine

Oh, hi, Mark!
-Phil-
Purple - 2020
Food Critic

KCP Entries #3: Wendell

View Profile
« Reply #1626 on: August 09, 2020, 08:37:59 PM »

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8600105/Almost-100-people-catch-COVID-19-one-infected-man-went-church-Ohio.html

...This is why in-person service is a bad idea. Exasperated

Toph
Amazingly Drawn Chicken
Restaurant Legend

cluck cluck

View Profile
« Reply #1627 on: August 09, 2020, 08:49:44 PM »

Bored

Ridiculous Quotes That I Like:
I like PP but that’s your opinion
Some wacky bloop be goin down on Sesame Street
I use CeruleaM to defeat the CeruleaM
I mean we have fruit but fruit sucks bleep so he could have cigars and brandy instead
Here's a tissue for your precious droplets
From what I know, they don't drive toilets in England
Update: I have seen Pregnant Wally
Mark's eyes from his mouth is a $20 Uber ride

TotallyNotAvy [Mar 09 08:24 PM]:   if god exists i will fight them

Jacobarmada [Apr 02 07:34 PM]:   Boomer got stuck on a cone

Canyon [Jul 29 08:01 PM]:   @CM Pretty good. We're talking about Elle and capitalist pigs.

Hermes [Jul 22 08:03 PM]:   I have decided that I am British. Mummy.
AskJoe [Jul 22 08:04 PM]:   @Hermes *mommy

Spumoni [May 01 07:15 AM]:   Very organic
Spumoni [May 01 07:15 AM]:   freshy
Spumoni [May 01 07:16 AM]:   like squash

Hermes [Jul 22 08:35 PM]:   EHUF
CalaMity [Jul 22 08:35 PM]:   EHUF
Lapis_Lacooli [Jul 22 08:35 PM]:   EHUF
Sag [Jul 22 08:35 PM]:   EHUF
Lapis_Lacooli [Jul 22 08:35 PM]:   EHUF
AskJoe [Jul 22 08:35 PM]:   EHUF
Please Read:
Look, instead of making the world a worse place, can we all just be a little bit better? Respect others and treat them how you would like to be treated.
JEBZ Komics
Four boys and comics!
Restaurant Master

Back to the Pepper Jack.

View Profile
« Reply #1628 on: August 09, 2020, 11:16:03 PM »

Brother E: I don't believe that what so ever. It was probably because everyone went to Walmart. More people have a chance being infected there instead of a church.  Besides,  how do they even know he started the spread? What kind of guess is that?

May the best customer win KCP! Cheesy
-Phil-
Purple - 2020
Food Critic

View Profile
« Reply #1629 on: August 09, 2020, 11:36:55 PM »

Brother E: I don't believe that what so ever. It was probably because everyone went to Walmart. More people have a chance being infected there instead of a church.  Besides,  how do they even know he started the spread? What kind of guess is that?
It's because they thought about it logically, and how a single community that only comes together for church all got COVID in a matter of weeks. There is no way all these churchgoers coincidentally got the virus at the same time. The man was identified and everything too. I'm not sure how this can be refuted by you?

No offense, but also throwing Walmart into the argument seems a bit like a scapegoat. All of them got the virus from the same grocery store all in the same time-span of two weeks? That is nonsense.

JEBZ Komics
Four boys and comics!
Restaurant Master

Back to the Pepper Jack.

View Profile
« Reply #1630 on: August 09, 2020, 11:39:56 PM »

It's because they thought about it logically, and how a single community that only comes together for church all got COVID in a matter of weeks. There is no way all these churchgoers coincidentally got the virus at the same time. The man was identified and everything too. I'm not sure how this can be refuted by you?

No offense, but also throwing Walmart into the argument seems a bit like a scapegoat. All of them got the virus from the same grocery store all in the same time-span of two weeks? That is nonsense.
Brother E: It didn't say church goers got it, it said 100 people in the community got it. That means people who don't go to church probably got it as well. So they could have gotten it from anyone, just not the church.

-Phil-
Purple - 2020
Food Critic

View Profile
« Reply #1631 on: August 10, 2020, 12:08:16 AM »

Brother E: It didn't say church goers got it, it said 100 people in the community got it. That means people who don't go to church probably got it as well. So they could have gotten it from anyone, just not the church.
You're getting community itself confused with community spread. The man attended a church service whilst infected with COVID, and while there, potentially coming into contact with dozens of people (depending on how involved with the church he is), and through these interactions, enabled community spread (Spreading the virus/sicknesses in a setting where the newly-infected have had no other way of being handed the illness, all happening in their own area/city, or in this case, their church). He was also dubbed a 'super spreader,' who just made a lasting impact on the cases around where he lives, because, with so many people he infected, those people he gave the virus to will now most likely give the virus to others as well, people not within their church's circle. I'd also like to touch onto your point that suggests "More people have a chance being infected at [Walmart] instead of a church." Sure, I'm sure Walmart, sadly, has helped transmit the disease many times before, but, you, as devout as you are, do you not know what the nature of church really feels like? The many times I've went,  everyone feels close together, talking up close to one-another, sitting right next to each other in the pews while the pastor talks the holy word... One of the bigger aspects to church is interacting with your neighbors and community, so how does that mean these places are just absent from spreading the virus? They aren't. Over this pandemic there's been multiple cases of spread through church services, including some from mega-churches, with well over hundreds of goers for their events. As well, so many elderly people attend service, the population most likely to succumb to the virus. I understand that you, as a Christian, feel that churches having these problems is strange and you might have some sort of denial in actually accepting them as virus hot spots, but the setting of churches as a whole are so perfectly aligned for spreading COVID that it's sadly unreal. I don't know if you still attend church in-person or not right now, but if you do, then I really hope you guys don't catch it, because it's a danger, and service is an easy place for you to catch it, or have a wide spreading impact on a church community. Stay safe.

JEBZ Komics
Four boys and comics!
Restaurant Master

Back to the Pepper Jack.

View Profile
« Reply #1632 on: August 10, 2020, 07:28:34 AM »

You're getting community itself confused with community spread. The man attended a church service whilst infected with COVID, and while there, potentially coming into contact with dozens of people (depending on how involved with the church he is), and through these interactions, enabled community spread (Spreading the virus/sicknesses in a setting where the newly-infected have had no other way of being handed the illness, all happening in their own area/city, or in this case, their church). He was also dubbed a 'super spreader,' who just made a lasting impact on the cases around where he lives, because, with so many people he infected, those people he gave the virus to will now most likely give the virus to others as well, people not within their church's circle. I'd also like to touch onto your point that suggests "More people have a chance being infected at [Walmart] instead of a church." Sure, I'm sure Walmart, sadly, has helped transmit the disease many times before, but, you, as devout as you are, do you not know what the nature of church really feels like? The many times I've went,  everyone feels close together, talking up close to one-another, sitting right next to each other in the pews while the pastor talks the holy word... One of the bigger aspects to church is interacting with your neighbors and community, so how does that mean these places are just absent from spreading the virus? They aren't. Over this pandemic there's been multiple cases of spread through church services, including some from mega-churches, with well over hundreds of goers for their events. As well, so many elderly people attend service, the population most likely to succumb to the virus. I understand that you, as a Christian, feel that churches having these problems is strange and you might have some sort of denial in actually accepting them as virus hot spots, but the setting of churches as a whole are so perfectly aligned for spreading COVID that it's sadly unreal. I don't know if you still attend church in-person or not right now, but if you do, then I really hope you guys don't catch it, because it's a danger, and service is an easy place for you to catch it, or have a wide spreading impact on a church community. Stay safe.
Brother E: I understand in some senses what you are getting at, but I still think they are grasping at straws.

And yes, me and a lot of Christians believe they are shutting churches down for no reason.  Like I said,  they let everyone go to stores and theme parks, and even let dentists work your mouth, but when it's a church,  they are all trying to shut them down. Yes, churches may be hotspots,  but so are stores and theme parks. If you aren't going to shut them down,  don't let the churches get shut down. Because where I live, even though they say wear a mask, people go into stores,  sometimes ourselves, without masks and don't even get in trouble.

AskJoe
Global Moderator
Papa's Replacement

View Profile
« Reply #1633 on: August 10, 2020, 02:46:56 PM »

Churches are nonessential businesses, whereas grocery stores are essential businesses. Furthermore, based on the nature of church services you are way more likely to catch the virus at church than at the store.
When you go to the store you go in, get what you need, pay, and leave. At the store there is often no human interaction, or very little. In contrast, when you go to church you will sit in a crowded area where social distancing is nearly impossible, and you stay at a church much longer then you would the grocery store. If you go to church during the pandemic good luck, not catching the virus.
During the pandemic churches should just close down, they are nonessential businesses after all. Alternatives to attending church which don't involve the risk of infecting others include watching church services on TV, or attending online church services.
While stores are essential, and people are much less likely to get the virus at the store, I still recommend minimizing your visits to the store during the pandemic, and making use of services such as online shopping (Amazon is a better place to shop than Walmart, during times of crisis), grocery delivery, and curbside grocery pickup when possible.
JEBZ Komics
Four boys and comics!
Restaurant Master

Back to the Pepper Jack.

View Profile
« Reply #1634 on: August 10, 2020, 04:04:53 PM »

Churches are nonessential businesses, whereas grocery stores are essential businesses. Furthermore, based on the nature of church services you are way more likely to catch the virus at church than at the store.
When you go to the store you go in, get what you need, pay, and leave. At the store there is often no human interaction, or very little. In contrast, when you go to church you will sit in a crowded area where social distancing is nearly impossible, and you stay at a church much longer then you would the grocery store. If you go to church during the pandemic good luck, not catching the virus.
During the pandemic churches should just close down, they are nonessential businesses after all. Alternatives to attending church which don't involve the risk of infecting others include watching church services on TV, or attending online church services.
While stores are essential, and people are much less likely to get the virus at the store, I still recommend minimizing your visits to the store during the pandemic, and making use of services such as online shopping (Amazon is a better place to shop than Walmart, during times of crisis), grocery delivery, and curbside grocery pickup when possible.
Brother E: Well, the same happens in the church in a sense.  You walk in, greet people, have the service,  and leave. Some people spend hours longer in theme parks and stores than they do in services.

Pages: 1 ... 107 108 [109] 110 111 ... 121   
Print
Jump to:  

Sorry, you must have JavaScript enabled to use the Flipline Forum.