Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   
Print
Author Topic: Escapees [T] (Completed)  (Read 2628 times)
Penguin022
Restaurant Pro

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2020, 09:53:54 PM »

if i die looking like timothee chalamet it's ok

Not removing my signature until Flipline makes a CMC3:
AskJoe [Jun 30 11:19 PM]:   Flipline should make Cactus McCoy 3.
Kangablue [Jul 02 12:59 AM]:   I want Cactus McCoy 3 now Sad
Phil Swift [Sep 12 07:43 PM]:   They need to make CMC 3
Penguin022 was quietly listening to his own music while also praying for Cactus McCoy 3 to come out, which honestly, would be a good idea since I love the game personally.
https://i.imgur.com/AdSe1IF.png
Phil
Or Philly
Food Critic

fake, plastic trees

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2020, 09:56:22 PM »

bold statement

#GiveUsColoredBeltBucklesPLP
Forum Guy Funny Moments:
Do you stan Loona?
I don't think anyone said that, but okay.
Even people from Wisconsin have limits.
As a cow I sign
mom's angry duck
"Bruh! You stupid."
*Brother E has a bruh moment.*
my chef's are Phil and Loona
TOTALLY! TOTALLY! It would be so kawaii, it would absolutely confuse the baddies, and Tony and Mandi would be impressed! They could use a pacifier and a rattle as weapons.
I AGREE 100%

KAWAII DESUUU!
Theo
Food Critic

blub

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2020, 10:09:20 PM »

leia really sassed the bloop out of me holy

I won't. I will choke this bitterness, this regret, then anger until I explode. And I will never accept that such a holiday has replaced my beloved New Year.

Never.
yeri
Forum President
Restaurant Legend

ddaeng ddaeng ddaeng

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2020, 10:58:00 PM »

ur timothee chalamet but with a bIG NOSE hahahaAHAhaha

Cacti [Apr 17 12:28 PM]:    Yves
Cacti [Apr 17 12:28 PM]:    I love that word
Cacti [Apr 17 12:28 PM]:    I don't know how to pronounce it
Cacti [Apr 17 12:28 PM]:    But I love it
Penguin022
Restaurant Pro

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2020, 11:53:17 PM »

I have just been ignoring the nose jokes smh

Not removing my signature until Flipline makes a CMC3:
AskJoe [Jun 30 11:19 PM]:   Flipline should make Cactus McCoy 3.
Kangablue [Jul 02 12:59 AM]:   I want Cactus McCoy 3 now Sad
Phil Swift [Sep 12 07:43 PM]:   They need to make CMC 3
Penguin022 was quietly listening to his own music while also praying for Cactus McCoy 3 to come out, which honestly, would be a good idea since I love the game personally.
https://i.imgur.com/AdSe1IF.png
yeri
Forum President
Restaurant Legend

ddaeng ddaeng ddaeng

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2020, 11:58:31 PM »

I swear I will make like 2 more max if I make any more as I am a grown child now

DeluxePizza
OC Maker
Global Moderator
Restaurant Legend

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2020, 11:28:28 AM »

I swear I will make like 2 more max if I make any more as I am a grown child now
sure jan

If deluding yourself that you're not the same condescending person you were back then makes you feel better, then be my guest at this point. But the more you talk, the less people buy your victim-card bs.

yeri
Forum President
Restaurant Legend

ddaeng ddaeng ddaeng

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2020, 02:43:55 PM »

Banned

A Building
The KCP19 Runner Up
Restaurant Master

Failure of a Sailor

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2020, 03:36:24 PM »

Aww man I didn’t un-die from the last one  Pensive

yeri
Forum President
Restaurant Legend

ddaeng ddaeng ddaeng

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2020, 05:27:46 PM »

Sorry sea anne Sad

A Building
The KCP19 Runner Up
Restaurant Master

Failure of a Sailor

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 05, 2020, 06:27:35 PM »

On the bright side, I can’t re-die when I’m already dead. Great story, however.

Phil
Or Philly
Food Critic

fake, plastic trees

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 05, 2020, 06:28:55 PM »

Aww man I didn’t un-die from the last one  Pensive
press Pensive to pay respects

Pensive

#GiveUsColoredBeltBucklesPLP
Forum Guy Funny Moments:
Do you stan Loona?
I don't think anyone said that, but okay.
Even people from Wisconsin have limits.
As a cow I sign
mom's angry duck
"Bruh! You stupid."
*Brother E has a bruh moment.*
my chef's are Phil and Loona
TOTALLY! TOTALLY! It would be so kawaii, it would absolutely confuse the baddies, and Tony and Mandi would be impressed! They could use a pacifier and a rattle as weapons.
I AGREE 100%

KAWAII DESUUU!
yeri
Forum President
Restaurant Legend

ddaeng ddaeng ddaeng

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 06, 2020, 07:59:05 PM »

i should write a new chapter BUT should i

yeri
Forum President
Restaurant Legend

ddaeng ddaeng ddaeng

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 06, 2020, 10:08:20 PM »

Chapter Three

Kenny Penguin (in this house, we refuse to call him Kenny McCoy) boredly posts another Tweet (this one just of a view of half of his face and the Statue of Liberty in the background, the epitome of bare minimum), all in lowercase to be relatable to the youth, and the comments flood in instantly. It is another day's work. Popularity is such a drag.

Kenny could be doing something more productive, but he finds ferry rides around the statue to be relaxing. If he wears a hood and obscures his face enough and wears something generic, he won't be stopped and noticed as Kenny McCoy.

On this same ferry is Robin Magey (or Jessica, as she is known to the people who know her), who finds ferry rides to also be quite relaxing. Robin is probably the most traumatized out of all of the Citadel survivors, save for Leia, and when she can't get Lusamine's corpse out of her head she leaves and focuses on the water instead.

This is the first time Robin and Kenny are in close proximity with each other. Kenny stands at the top deck, back of the ferry, looking like every San Francisco twenty something year-old on their way to work (even though they're in New York), and Robin is also on the top deck, actually sitting on one of the little benches, white blonde hair obscured by a group of giggly German tourist high school girls. The two have no idea the other is there.

Robin, unable to focus because of the loud talking in rather aggressive-sounding German, picks up her bag and stands up. She normally doesn't stand on ferries but the tourists today are even more annoying than usual, so she makes her way to the back and leans on the railing as well, even closer to Penguin.

She looks around the boat.

Her eyes land on the suspiciously familiar character in all black. And then she realizes who it is and her chest tightens.

Robin had always known that she and Penguin lived in the same city, and that he was somewhat famous, but she never thought of him. If she ever had to meet him she knew it would be different, but she could always ignore him and pretend he didn't exist, so long as they never came in contact.

And before she has the chance to turn her head away, he turns his right in her direction and it's too late now. Their eyes meet and he recognizes her.

-

"Do you know where you'd get a weapon?" Leia asks casually, sitting on the couch next to Sophia who looks distant, staring in the general direction of the cooking show on TV. The other girl nods, albeit hesitantly.

"You need an ID." she says vaguely.

"Do you know where you'd get an ID?"

Sophia breathes quite loudly, air hissing through her nose. "There are many reasons you can't get a real ID, but...I know someone who makes really good fakes. I can get one for you."

Leia nods. "Good. Could you do that as soon as possible? Time waits for no one."

Sophia nods stiffly. "Yeah. I'll...do it tomorrow."

"Thank you." Sophia looks up away from the TV and at Leia, meeting her eyes for the first time since Leia bluntly stated she wanted to personally kill Kenny Penguin. "Really. You're being really good to me."

"It's an apology for abandoning you all those years back. I'm sorry I never told you I was an Anomaly and that I was alive."

"It's not your fault. I was a Detainer. It was for the best."

Sophia nods and turns her head back to the TV. "You're welcome to sleep here tonight. Do you want the couch or do you want a bed? You can just sleep in mine, I'll take the couch."

Leia shakes her head vigorously. "No, no. You're being too hospitable already. I'll take the couch. It's better than nothing."

Sophia acknowledges that, and then her eyes widen in realization. "Oh, wait. Just a heads up, our cat, Paco, he likes the couch. He might climb on top of you while you're sleeping."

"You have a cat?"

"Yeah." Sophia laughs wryly. "He survived a lot of bloop. Good cat, though." She yawns, surprising the both of them, and then turns the television off. "Well, I should probably head to bed. You sure you're good on the couch? There are extra pillows and blankets in the closet next to the bathroom if you want or need any."

"I'm great. Thanks."

Sophia nods for the last time and leaves the living area.

Leia gets up from the couch, goes to get extra pillows and a blanket, and returns, turning the light off. She lies down on the couch, eyes wide open, unsure of whether or not to sleep.

Then, claws tapping on the wooden floor startle her and she shoots up from her position. In the dark, she makes out a plump shape.

The cat. Leia lies back down and the cat continues making its way to the couch. To Leia's surprise, it hops on the couch and plops down on her feet.

Well, she's not moving anymore. Leia closes her eyes and tries to sleep.

-

Robin's fight-or-flight instinct flares, but there is nowhere she can go to escape Penguin. The ferry is not large and they're in the middle of the water, and swimming doesn't sound that pleasurable.

It seems as if Penguin doesn't know what to do either, because he's standing there too, frozen. Neither of them break their gaze away from the other. A reminder of the Citadel is no good but it's quite present.'

And then he silently approaches her, but leaves her a significant amount of separation. They can pass as together or not together on this journey, but a conversation between the two is still hearable.

He speaks first, which calms Robin slightly. Robin, despite working as an aide for multiple years, still doesn't really know how to start a conversation.

"So. You're alive." he says, turning his head back to look forward at the statue the ferry is departing away from.

"Yes. And you, obviously, are too." Robin replies. His voice is even and calm, while hers wavers in nervousness.

"You've known I'm alive. I'm not exactly hiding out." Is that supposed to be a joke? Robin wonders. She thinks she can see a ghost of a smile on his face, but it's gone as soon as she tries to look into it.

"Why?" It's an innocent question.

He shrugs. "What's the point? Nobody else knows of it." He doesn't specifically name the Citadel, for a multitude of reasons, Robin only assumes. Someone could hear the Citadel and wonder what it means. The name could be triggering. "I was a public figure there. It's what I'm good at, so why not put it to use here?"

"Yeah, I know about your fan club." Robin says sarcastically.

He looks over at her and raises an eyebrow, a clearly teasing expression on his face. "What, are you stalking my social media?"

Robin turns red from embarrassment. "No, I-"

He laughs so easily. Robin doesn't get why he's so relaxed. He must remember all they did. "Relax. I'm just kidding. You know, Robin-"

"Jessica."

He raises the same eyebrow once more. "...Jessica. You know, Jessica, there was one thing I always noticed about you. You were always so easily flustered by anything. So insecure. A lack of self confidence. Even when praised endlessly as Lusamine's aide."

Robin freezes up. The chest tightness is back, and she starts breathing fast. Her heart pounds in her chest, and she holds the railing like a lifeline, knuckles white from clutching it so hard. She can barely speak, but gets a few words out, her eyes brimming with tears.

"Don't say that name." she pleads quietly. "Please."

Robin doesn't know why she expects him to give her sympathy. She doesn't know why she expects Kenny Penguin to have changed since the Citadel, and be all warm and fuzzy now. But to her embarrassment and shame, he scoffs in pure ridicule.

"And you still haven't gotten over it." he says, and each word is an icicle stabbing her in the heart. "What a shame. You're just going to wallow in your own guilt until your untimely, lonely demise. Time has passed, Jessica." He says the name mockingly. "I suggest you grow along with it."

And with that, he leaves, giving her no opportunity to say something. And with his departure, Robin lets the tears slide down her cheeks.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2020, 10:27:52 PM by yves » Logged

yeri
Forum President
Restaurant Legend

ddaeng ddaeng ddaeng

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 07, 2020, 11:15:58 AM »

i like it when the swear filter happens because i like to imagine the characters actually saying "yeah he's been through a lot of BLOOP"

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   
Print
Jump to:  

Sorry, you must have JavaScript enabled to use the Flipline Forum.