Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   
Print
Author Topic: Escapees [T] (Completed)  (Read 2611 times)
yeri
Forum President
Restaurant Legend

ddaeng ddaeng ddaeng

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 08, 2020, 01:58:58 PM »

Chapter Four

Three months before current events, three months after the escape from the Citadel wreckage

He isn't hard to track down. He thinks he's the only one still alive, and thus sees no issue with his rapid rise to fame. No one knows of the real state of the Citadel, so to them, he's just a guy.

Somehow, she manages to sneak into his office without detection. She's not sure if he knows who she is, but he recognizes her face from the Anomaly records. A dead girl with blue hair under the name Lena Rostova, and another citizen, this time a young woman with light brown hair under the name of Sophia Amber. Somehow, Sophia Amber managed to slip herself into the Citadel systems and pass as a regular, average Joe. He imagines she is experienced at the whole sneaking through places undetected thing.

They look at each other. Nobody speaks.

It seems as if minutes have passed when she finally does speak. The words surprise him.

"I forgive you."

He cries.

After the initial meeting, she returns sometimes, under the guise of just going out and getting fresh air for a while. They just talk. It's mostly him that talks and her that listens, but it's good for both of them. He never acknowledges her forgiveness and only references the Citadel in extremely vague ways. Sometimes they talk just about life and what they're doing. He makes jokes about his Twitter followers. She tells him about her cat, Paco. They are not friends. They are merely two broken people who repress their memories together.

"What do you go by?" he asks her one day.

She smiles, as if telling a joke. "Lena." They laugh.

This is not entirely true. With her friends, she stays Sophia. She's been Sophia for so many years that it feels strange to have her friends call her a totally different name. And, later, with Leia, it brings too many memories pre-Detainment to have the girl call her Lena. She hates remembering teenage Lena who did bad things and pretended to off herself. It makes her sick to her stomach.

-

Present day

"I saw her today." Penguin starts. "I thought she was dead." He looks distant, more distant than usual. Sophia watches him, heart pounding in her chest. She tries to keep a calm facade but the fear of Leia being discovered threatens to overwhelm her.

"Who?" she asks, as calmly as possible, but her voice cracks at the very end.

He doesn't appear to notice, and scoffs to himself. "Jessica." he spits vehemently. "Or, as I knew her, Robin goddamn Magey."

"She's alive?" Sophia gasps aloud. "I saw the building fall while leaving and I thought you were all dead. What about...?" She can't finish the sentence. She hasn't been able to say the name Lusamine since they left. Lusamine, who made her life hell. Lusamine, who deemed all people with what people here called mental disorders Anomalies.

"She's alive." he confirms. "And a wilted bleeping flower."

"What do you mean?"

"I said Lusamine's name and she had a flat-out panic attack." he says calmly.

"Did he...hurt her?" she asks, trying to work her way into understanding the dynamics of the Council.

Penguin shrugs. "If he did, it wasn't during meetings." he says flippantly. He sighs, from annoyance or tiredness Sophia doesn't know. "I just don't get it. She was so powerful and could kill us all if she wanted. She killed him. Why is she so scared of him now?"

"Guilt." Sophia replies softly. "She probably feels immense guilt towards him. Did they have a good relationship before everything happened?"

He nods. "They were like father and daughter."

"It's probably like killing your parents, then." she reasons.

"I killed my parents." he says casually.

"I'm sorry, what?"

He laughs, a real laugh. "I'm kidding, oh my God." A short pause. "Did you really think I killed my parents?"

She's ashamed, because she did.

"I'm not that terrible," he says easily, still smiling.

"I know." she replies, and forces a smile. She thinks he forgets how much she knows and that he doesn't realize how unconvincing he is.

Kenny McCoy is still Kenny Penguin but with a shiny new name and more secrets.

Cacti [Apr 17 12:28 PM]:    Yves
Cacti [Apr 17 12:28 PM]:    I love that word
Cacti [Apr 17 12:28 PM]:    I don't know how to pronounce it
Cacti [Apr 17 12:28 PM]:    But I love it
The color of mood is blue
Snom
Restaurant Star

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 08, 2020, 02:08:10 PM »

HELL YEAH IM LOVING THIS KEEP UP THE FANTASTIC WORK  Tongue Hooray

hEllo teeewedgie I’m excite d to play a fun game of twg goood noiiiiiiggt
CalaMity
Ganon
Restaurant Legend

农历新年!

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 08, 2020, 05:06:09 PM »

Nice job!

Ridiculous Quotes That I Like:
I like PP but that’s your opinion
why does baby need microwave
since steak is a cow that means he's technically a female
Some wacky bloop be goin down on Sesame Street
I use CeruleaM to defeat the CeruleaM
I mean we have fruit but fruit sucks bleep so he could have cigars and brandy instead
hi ribbon I'm dad
Can i get a healthy yellow thing?
Here's a tissue for your precious droplets
I WANT MY BALLS GIVE THEM TO ME
OMG i gotta use the spray Shocked
You're the ooga to my booga
Kory is a Nice Meme
step
You have to pay with your soul for forgiveness
Hahahahaha yeah the laughing gas makes me feeeeel funnnyyyyyy hahahavavshaha
From what I know, they don't drive toilets in England
august meat is simply yummiest

-PastelPenguins- [May 16 08:35 PM]:   @CeruleaM my only rival is my lack of creativity, get on my level
TotallyNotAvy [Mar 09 08:24 PM]:   if god exists i will fight them
Jacobarmada [Apr 02 07:34 PM]:   Boomer got stuck on a cone
PROKacproPL [Apr 28 09:29 AM]:   I have no ideas except "Robby, eat shrimp".
Ianiant [May 03 04:02 PM]:   Pink insulation foam is house meat.
CeruleaM [May 20 08:56 PM]:   get the frick off of my corn field or i'll huckle and shuckle you away

Spumoni [May 01 07:15 AM]:   Very organic
Spumoni [May 01 07:15 AM]:   freshy
Spumoni [May 01 07:16 AM]:   like squash
yeri
Forum President
Restaurant Legend

ddaeng ddaeng ddaeng

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 08, 2020, 07:44:04 PM »

TW: Suicide mentioned in the following chapter.

Chapter Five

Leia and Sophia head on their way to make a fake ID. To the average viewer, they just look like a couple of friends walking around the city. They dress quite similarly (although this is obviously due to Leia wearing Sophia's clothes) and they don't talk to strangers. They are focused on their own searches.

The fake ID place is in a small, shady alley, under the guise of a tattoo parlor. Sophia enters first, followed by Leia.

The man working inside immediately recognizes Sophia. "Lena!" he exclaims. "What can I do for you?"

"Lena?" Leia asks, suspiciously.

"I'll tell you later." Sophia says through her teeth. To the man, she says, "It's great to see you, Stan." She turns to Leia. "Stan, this is my friend, Elle. She's here for an ID. Elle, meet the man, the myth, the legend. Stan Luna."

"It's nice to meet you." Leia says.

"Likewise." Stan replies. "Follow me into the back room."

Leia nods and follows Stan into a back door. Sophia sits down on a comfy chair and helps herself to a bag of chips from the box of bags of chips Stan keeps on the floor next to his desk for some reason. She's gonna be here for a while.

When Leia comes back a good amount of time later, she flashes the fake yet also real looking ID in Sophia's face. "I'm a real person now, apparently." she says. Sophia cracks a smile and nods.

She turns her attention to Stan. "How much do I owe you?" she asks him.

"Same as before." he says.

She nods and gives him quite a few expensive-looking bills. Leia raises her eyebrows and Sophia notices and smiles apologetically. "Card is traceable." she explains. "Cash is easier." Leia nods in understanding. Stan checks to see if she's cheated him, and she hasn't. He nods.

"Okay. Well, Lena, Elle, you have a good rest of your day." he says.

"See you when I see you," Sophia replies, and the two leave.

-

As soon as they return to the apartment, empty with a note from Cosmic saying he's getting groceries and a note from Ted saying he's out walking the cat, Leia turns on Sophia.

"So you're gonna tell me what that was about."

Sophia keeps her head forward. "I don't know what you're talking about." she replies smoothly.

"Lena."

Sophia sighs. "Look." she says flatly. "I go by Sophia at the house because they know me as Sophia. It's awkward if you refer to me as Lena and they Sophia."

"That doesn't explain why you go by Lena outside of the house." Leia points out. "Sophia isn't an unpopular name, as far as I know."

"We all have pseudonyms. Ted's is Theo, Cosmic's is Isa. It's easier to go by a pseudonym. Lena was the first one I thought of."

"I don't see a problem with me calling you Lena." Leia argues. "I'm sure they'll understand-"

Sophia cuts her off, her voice laced with a sudden, new anger. "The Lena you knew is not me. The Lena you knew is just a bunch of bad memories of terrible times you never experienced. I was in a state of constant fear and I never got to enjoy my childhood because I was in constant fear they'd find me and kill me. So whenever you call me Lena, I'm brought back to those times, and I'm trying so damn hard to get rid of those times. Do you get it?"

Leia frowns. "I was an Anomaly too-"

"Not as a child!" Sophia yells. "Childhood is supposed to be the best time of your life! Childhood is supposed to be a time of innocence! But as a child I was never focused on play and fun, I was focused on not dying!" She lowers her voice; it is sharp and steely and full of malice. "You'll never know what it was like to walk in on your parent's corpse hanging in a noose." she says, leaving room for silence.

Leia stands, stricken.

"I never told you any of this because I was afraid you would rat me out. I never trusted you. And now, here you are, standing in my GOD DAMN LIVING ROOM. Honestly, until yesterday, I was fine with never even seeing you again. But here we are."

"So you want me to leave?"

"I never said that. You don't get to guilt me about my decisions when you'll never understand the motives behind them."

Leia opens her mouth to say something, and then closes it and nods. "Okay. I'm sorry."

Sophia blinks. "Oh. Um, thank you."

"I don't want to argue with you, Sophia. You've been so good to me already. It's not my place to be horrible back."

Sophia doesn't know what to say. She just nods.

-

I'm terrified.

What am I doing? Am I playing both sides? Should I tell one of them what the other plans to do? If I don't, what's gonna happen? They could both be seriously hurt, and if they're hurt, I'm never going to forgive myself. And what if one of them finds out I'm in contact with the other? God, I'm so scared.

If I tell him she plans to kill him, does that make me his friend? What is the point in trying to help him in the first place? He's a terrible person and he's done so many terrible things and yet I'm actually considering telling him what she plans to do. Am I terrible for forgiving him?

I don't know how to explain it, but we understand each other. We're two damaged people and we both came from the same place, and I just don't know how to talk to Ted or Cosmic anymore. He was the only one I knew that was from there, and he had no right to judge me from the start. What am I doing? Why did I talk to him? I'm an idiot.

If I tell neither of them, what's going to happen? They could die, and I'm already too sensitive. I just know the guilt of not doing anything would eat me from the inside. I don't want to lose either of them right now. Maybe my thoughts on this will change in the future but right now I like having both of their company. Why can't there just be peace?

May there be a development in the future that gives me more insight on this and more guidance for me to listen to.

I could talk to her, but where could I find her?

Snom
Restaurant Star

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 08, 2020, 08:18:46 PM »

HOLY CRAP THATS A GOOD CHAPTER! So intense, it’s amazing so far

Phil
Or Philly
Food Critic

fake, plastic trees

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 08, 2020, 09:20:22 PM »

what's the secret to making a good fan fic Pensive

#GiveUsColoredBeltBucklesPLP
Forum Guy Funny Moments:
Do you stan Loona?
I don't think anyone said that, but okay.
Even people from Wisconsin have limits.
As a cow I sign
mom's angry duck
"Bruh! You stupid."
*Brother E has a bruh moment.*
my chef's are Phil and Loona
TOTALLY! TOTALLY! It would be so kawaii, it would absolutely confuse the baddies, and Tony and Mandi would be impressed! They could use a pacifier and a rattle as weapons.
I AGREE 100%

KAWAII DESUUU!
yeri
Forum President
Restaurant Legend

ddaeng ddaeng ddaeng

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 09, 2020, 10:08:23 AM »

spend too much time on it

yeri
Forum President
Restaurant Legend

ddaeng ddaeng ddaeng

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 13, 2020, 07:03:13 PM »

Chapter Six

The next evening, Leia waltzes into the apartment, proudly displaying a switchblade.

"...um. Hello." Cosmic says.

"Hi." she replies cheerfully. "How's everyone doing?"

"Well, to be honest," Ted drawls, "I'm kind of concerned for my life given how happily you're wielding that switchblade."

She scowls at him. "What, are you scared I'm gonna stab you?"

"Lay off," Sophia mutters, not even looking up from her book. "There will be no blood shed in my apartment."

"Your apartment," Ted mocks under his breath.

"I do the work here!" Sophia exclaims. Ted shrugs. She's right. Sophia single-handedly brings in the income. Ted's tried a lot of things: making Paco a meme on YouTube (didn't work), joining a cooking show (he was not given a callback), becoming TikTok famous (he quit making TikToks after learning the renegade tirelessly and getting hate comments from a thirteen year old named Greg on his terrible form). Cosmic just never bothered. Sometimes he'd stream video games on Twitch to a solid four viewers.

"Well. My plan is coming to fruition." Leia says cryptically.

"Please do not involve any of us in your future murder plans," Ted says airily. "We would like to live lives as normal as possible."

Cosmic hums in agreement. Sophia is oddly silent, focusing on her book, staring at the pages like she's trying to rip a hole in them with her eyes. She gets up from the couch, startling the sleeping Paco.

"I'm going to bed." she says sharply, and leaves the room.

Leia watches her leave with a concerned expression on her face. "What's up with her?"

"I think it's her time of the month." Ted says bluntly. Leia nods. This makes enough sense to her.

With a piece of paper and a Sharpie, Sophia fashions a "ON MY PERIOD - DO NOT ENTER" sign and tapes it to her bedroom door. The boys never question the legitimacy of her time of the month and leave her alone. This time, however, she is not going to just stay in her room and cry. Instead, she sneaks her way out of her room and leaves the apartment as quietly as she can.

It is not long until she finds herself in his office. She knows what she has to do.

"Where's Robin Magey?" she asks sharply. He doesn't even look up from the work he's doing.

-

Robin is laying as low as she can. As terrible as it sounds, she's taken advantage of an old white lady with dementia and managed to convince her that she is her granddaughter. Poor Yves has no clue that she has no granddaughter and that Robin is scamming her. But she gets a house and food out of it so it's fine with her, and Yves seems to enjoy her company. Robin finds herself with some sort of affinity with this old woman.

"Jessica, deary, if you could go to the store today and buy me some more prune juice and Lactaid, that would be most wonderful."

"Of course, Granny Yves." Robin says politely. "What are you planning on doing tonight?"

"Well," Yves says with a smile, "I was planning on watching some of the Real Housewives of New Jersey and knitting. Oh! Speaking of, could you get me some more yarn from the store? Thank you so much, deary." To Robin's chagrin, Yves seemed to have no idea that not everything came from the same store.

"Of course, Granny Yves. I'll be on my way soon."

"What did I do to deserve a granddaughter as good as you?" Yves beams. Robin feels a stab of guilt because she's lying to Yves. Yves' expression falls into forlornness. "I wish I could remember times I'd spent with you in the past." she says sadly. "But I can't seem to remember anything now."

"Oh Granny Yves..."

Yves smiles sadly. "It's okay, Jessica. You don't have to listen to me griping now, honey. Go ahead to the store."

"I will return soon, Granny Yves."

Yves waves goodbye to her and Robin leaves the house to head to the store.

-

"How the bleep am I supposed to know?" Penguin says drily. "I saw her once on the ferry and she freaked out and cried."

"You have to know something. You know her better than me. I need to see her."

"Why should I help you?" he challenges. "We aren't friends."

"You're the only one that can help me."

"I highly doubt that's true. What about Lusamine?"

She narrows her eyes. "He's dead."

"Touché."

"That's not even when you're supposed to use that phrase."

"Tou-bleeping-ché."

"I hate you."

"Not the first person to tell me that."

"Why are you so calm?"

He pauses, as if to think. "I don't know." he says pensively. "I'm not usually calm." He sighs and looks down at his work. "Rumor has it...a Jessica was recently spotted at the house of Ms. Yves Summers in Staten Island. Take with that what you will, and get out of my office."

She raises an eyebrow.

"We'll talk later. Tell me at least some of what young Jessica says. I was kind enough to give you the information."

"Fine. I'll find you."

"You always do. It's quite a pain."

She smiles, almost evilly. "I'm smart like that." She leaves without another word, on the way to Staten Island to find a certain Jessica.

-

"Sophia?"

Leia knocks on Sophia's bedroom door.

"Sophia? Soph? Lena? Are you okay?"

She knocks again. No response.

"Hey, can you respond to me, please? If I did anything that upset you, I'm sorry. Sophia?"

She knocks once more.

"Dude. Are you good? Please respond to me."

She hovers her hand over the doorknob an sighs. "Ugh. bleep it. I'm coming in."

She opens the door. It's unlocked.

"Sophia? You good?"

She looks around the room. It's empty. Nobody at the desk or in the chair by the bookcase. She slowly approaches the bed. It's the only place Sophia could be.

She throws the covers off the bed. There's nothing. Sophia's not here.

"Guys?" she yells from Sophia's room. "Sophia's gone."

Phil
Or Philly
Food Critic

fake, plastic trees

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 13, 2020, 07:38:05 PM »

Ted is a meany Pensive

Forum Guy Funny Moments:
Do you stan Loona?
As a cow I sign
mom's angry duck
"Bruh! You stupid."
TOTALLY! TOTALLY! It would be so kawaii, it would absolutely confuse the baddies, and Tony and Mandi would be impressed! They could use a pacifier and a rattle as weapons.
I AGREE 100%

KAWAII DESUUU!
yeri
Forum President
Restaurant Legend

ddaeng ddaeng ddaeng

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 14, 2020, 12:00:12 PM »

Chapter Seven

Sophia gets off the ferry and walks with a purpose. It is raining now. She expertly crowdweaves and looks around the terminal. No trademark pale blond hair in sight, although it would be obscured by a hood. She presses on and heads toward the right.

A million thoughts race through her head. Staten Island isn't that big, but what are the chances she even finds Robin? What are the chances that Robin's even here? What if Penguin's intel is all bullbloop? What if this is a wild goose chase? Who even is Yves Summers?

It is dark, and not many places are open, but one store is, its lights shining brightly. On a whim, Sophia enters it. It's pretty empty, but it seems to be your regular grocery store. She shrugs, kind of hungry, and peruses the store for something she can grab and go.

Of course, this happens to be the one store on Staten Island that sells Yves Summers' favorite brand of prune juice AND sells Lactaid as well, so, merely a few aisles over is Robin Magey, adding things to her hand basket.

The problem is Robin probably doesn't remember Sophia. She stayed in the group's hideout for a while with Penguin before being unceremoniously kicked out.

To her chagrin, Robin's phone rings loudly. It's Yves. She accepts the call. "Hi, what is it?"

Sophia hears Robin's voice and startles. Just her luck! She jumps in excitement before realizing she is in a public store. She follows the voice.

"Yes, I can hear you. What do you need?"

She looks down the aisles.

"Granny Yves...no, I am not buying you three rolls of premade cookie dough! That is bad for your health."

The voice gets louder. She is closer.

"No! I will compromise with one. Yes, I'll be home soon. Okay. Love you. Bye."

Sophia turns one more corner and there she is, browsing the Lactaid.

"Robin." she says.

Like an idiot, Robin turns towards her, and her eyes widen in shock. "You...I...what?"

"I need to talk to you."

Robin looks at her phone and winces when she sees the time. "Fine. Walk with me."

They pay for their food at the checkout and leave the store.

-

Leia tries to call her once, but the phone rings on Sophia's desk and she swears.

"She didn't bring her phone." she yells out to the living room.

"Let her be," Ted calls back. "She does that sometimes."

"Yeah, but aren't you concerned about what she could be doing?"

"No."

"But she was in a bad mood earlier-"

"Just leave her alone, Leia. She's an adult." Cosmic adds helpfully.

Leia sighs, and then leaves Sophia's room and heads back to the living area. "Fine." she says, sitting on the couch grumpily next to Paco, who seems to not care about anything.

-

Sophia walks with Robin in the rain.

"So." she says.

"Yes?"

"How have you been?"

Robin rolls her eyes. "You can cut that out."

Sophia nods. "Okay. How did you survive? And how do you have a grandmother?"

Robin shrugs. "I don't. She just doesn't know that."

"Wow." Sophia says, impressed. "Never thought you had it in you."

Robin shrugs again, but somehow makes it more modest-looking. "You gotta do what you gotta do." she says sadly.

"You know Penguin's still alive, obviously." Sophia starts.

Robin nods. "Yes. I...saw him recently." she says. "It was...bad, to say the least."

"I'm sorry." Sophia says. "Do you...want to talk about it? I know we haven't really talked in a while and I know we never really got off on the right foot, but-"

"Yes." Robin interrupts. "Um, yeah. That'd be great." She sighs. "It was...weird, you know? Have you met him since?"

"Yeah." she says. It's a big gamble of her not to lie to Robin, since she's been talking to Penguin for a while, but she weirdly trusts Robin. "He hasn't really changed."

"Nope. He's just even more of a dick." Robin exhales. Sophia laughs.

"You knew him. He was...dangerous in the Citadel." Sophia says. "I need you to be 100% honest with me. I'm going to tell you something, and I'm going to ask you not to judge me, but to answer my question."

"Okay."

Sophia takes a deep breath, and tells Robin everything.

"I've been talking to him for a few months now. It's just been talking, usually vaguely about the Citadel, sometimes about regular life. But it's weirdly comfortable, you know. I'm wary of him, obviously, because I know who he was in the Citadel. Should I stop?"

Robin thinks about it. She doesn't just throw an answer out there. She considers it.

"When I knew Penguin...he was extremely unstable. I don't know if he's like that anymore, but I don't think he's magically a lovely, sane person now." she finally says. "I don't think I can answer your question with a yes or a no. I think that's a decision you have to make."

"I see."

Robin suddenly stops in front of a house. "This is me." she says. "Do you want to stay here for the night? It's dark and I don't know if the ferry's running anymore and it's dangerous at night sometimes-"

"Yeah. That sounds good." Sophia says. She smiles at Robin. "Thank you."

"No problem. You can meet my grandmother. She kind of looks like you, actually. But older, obviously." Robin says pensively. "Well, come on in."

Sophia follows Robin into the small house.

Snom
Restaurant Star

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 14, 2020, 12:07:59 PM »

I like granny yves

yeri
Forum President
Restaurant Legend

ddaeng ddaeng ddaeng

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 14, 2020, 07:40:11 PM »

Chapter Eight

Two weeks later

Two weeks later, all is going to Leia's plan. No one else in the apartment really knows why she's biding her time but she says there's a reason, and they allow themselves to believe it.

Since the initial talk, Sophia got "Jessica"'s phone number and they chat regularly, both on the phone and outside, in public. The other housemates never asked why she had left that one night, and she doesn't tell them.

She continues to talk to Penguin, despite the guilty feeling in her stomach. She doesn't tell anyone in the apartment, especially not Leia, and she lies and says she never found Jessica. He responds in an almost disappointed fashion, and they don't bring her up again.

Today's meeting, he brings up an old subject that they'd managed to avoid.

"Why have you never asked me why I did what I did in the Citadel?"

She dodges the question. "We're not in the Citadel anymore."

"God damn it, Sophia-"

"Don't you dare." she says, her voice steely. "Don't call me that."

"I'm sure they still call you that."

"Who, Ted and Cosmic?" she laughs.

"You can't be the only one who survived the Citadel."

She frowns. "I'm not." she says. "Robin's alive. Joe's alive. Zetsu's alive. I'm not the only one."

"You're not the type of person that'd go alone."

She narrows her eyes and scoffs. "What, are you psychoanalyzing me now?"

"Your lack of knowledge on actual psychoanalysis is deafening."

"Okay, Freud." she snaps. He brushes it off.

"Anyways..." he draws the word out with an exhale. "You wouldn't run alone. So I'm betting they're alive, and I'm betting you don't talk to them. Am I right or am I right?"

"bleep off." she mutters.

"So I'm right." He leans back in his seat, confident. She rolls her eyes and shrugs, giving up. "Why don't you talk to them?"

She shrugs again. "I don't know. It just isn't the same. We don't really bring it up in conversation. What about you? You don't talk to Joe or Zetsu?"

He laughs, really laughs, like it's the funniest joke she's ever said. "Joe and Zetsu? I've never even talked to them since the last Council meeting I attended. We all know we're alive, but I would never talk to those cowards." He clenches his fist around a paper he was absentmindedly holding. "...they bring back too many memories." he admits finally.

"Of what? Of who? Lusamine?"

He closes his eyes. "Don't...don't mention him." It's hypocritical, since he ridiculed Robin for refusing to acknowledge Lusamine all those days ago. He's a hypocrite.

"You brought this up!" she points out. "Don't crawl back into your shell now."

His nostrils flare in anger, but he doesn't says anything, just opens his mouth and closes it again. "You wouldn't understand." he finally replies darkly.

"I wouldn't understand?!" Sophia laughs sharply. "I wouldn't understand. Really, Penguin? Really?" She glares at him levelly and scoffs. "Whatever you think you experienced in the Citadel, I experienced at least three times worse. Remember who was the Anomaly here? ME!"

She gets up from the chair she was sitting in and begins to pace around the office.

"Don't ever forget you were a Councillor. You were never an Anomaly. You tricked and abused and used and exploited Anomalies. You were never one. You think you had it bad? You only had it bad because you tried to murder Lusamine and you were caught. You exploited Robin, you used a teenager for your own bleeped-up personal gains! So don't bleep to me about how you're broken, because I'M BROKEN TOO! If you wanted sympathy, you asked the wrong girl. Go find someone else to cry to. I'm done here. bleep you."

She stops pacing and turns to leave, but hears a rustling behind her, followed by a singular click and a cold laugh.

"If you leave, I swear to God I will shoot you."

She turns her head slightly and sees him, standing up, pointing a gun at her. She laughs.

"You think that scares me? You think I feel threatened by you? Go ahead, shoot me." she dares. "I have nothing to lose. I have nothing to live for. There is nothing stopping me from dying."

She thinks that for a split second, he is trembling as he holds the gun.

"Now, I'm going to leave now. If you want to shoot me, you will, and I won't care. You're too scared."

She walks out of the office, even taking the liberty to close the door, and Penguin doesn't shoot.

yeri
Forum President
Restaurant Legend

ddaeng ddaeng ddaeng

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 18, 2020, 04:46:44 PM »

Chapter Nine - Interlude

Soon is the day.

One will die. But that is not all.

You will never tell them.

Youth and birds.

Let the games begin.

Falling in reverse.

This means nothing.

A young woman finds her way into an office, determined and armed. She has been waiting for this moment for years. She is clueless of the following.

Two are unaware of perhaps everything and nothing. They could do more if they weren't so far apart.

But first, another rainy night.

She is dying.

Phil
Or Philly
Food Critic

fake, plastic trees

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 21, 2020, 01:25:13 AM »

nice chapter wehnnn

Forum Guy Funny Moments:
Do you stan Loona?
As a cow I sign
mom's angry duck
"Bruh! You stupid."
I AGREE 100%

KAWAII DESUUU!
yeri
Forum President
Restaurant Legend

ddaeng ddaeng ddaeng

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 21, 2020, 01:23:17 PM »

Chapter Ten

"Robin, I know you had powers in the Citadel."

Robin freezes while she cooks. Yves is asleep, and Sophia is sitting on her couch, hair in a towel, watching her. She had showered and borrowed some of Yves' clothes. They were remarkably the same size as what she normally wore, albeit a bit grandma-like.

"Do you still have them?"

Robin opens her mouth to speak, and nothing comes out.

-

Leia leaves the next night, and neither Ted nor Cosmic will question her. Leia has her knife, and she has her plan in her head. She knows where the office building is. She hopes he's there.

It is raining again.

Ted orders a pizza without a qualm.

He doesn't realize that her plan is being enacted much sooner than they all thought.

Hell, he hadn't even considered her being serious about her plans to kill Penguin. He thought it was all for show, to sound cool or tough or badass. He just thought it was for her to get brownie points with the apartment so she could just live there.

He was wrong.

-

Robin and Sophia stand outside, in Yves' backyard. Sophia stands a good distance away from Robin.

Robin had confessed that she hadn't tried using her powers ever since the confrontation on the building where she destroyed it. Robin was too scared to even try. She didn't even know if she did have the power.

"How did you summon it?" Sophia asks calmly.

Robin shrugs. "I just...got angry. Got really angry, and then it was there and I just...did what I was told."

"You followed his orders."

"Yes." Robin nods.

"Well, just think about how he took advantage of you. Think about how he exploited you for his own selfish gains for power. Think about how Penguin didn't care for you. Think about how Lusamine didn't care for you. You're alone, Robin."

Robin closes her eyes and thinks. She holds out her arm and thinks about how everyone mistreated her. How she was either just the aide or just the machine for destruction. She wasn't a real person.

She clenches her fist and squeezes her eyes shut.

"He used you. He abused you." she hears Sophia say, almost ominously, like she's chanting a cult summoning. "You are no one, and he's Kenny bleeping McCoy, lauded and loved."

No.

"Look at how easily everyone's cast you aside, Jessica." She says Jessica mockingly, and it reminds Robin of how Kenny said it on the boat. Sophia could never know how he said that. "Look how small you are."

"Shut UP!"

She opens her eyes.

There is nothing. She is just a girl holding her arm out, wanting to call forward a power that is no longer there. Sophia looks at her with a somber expression.

"I'm sorry." she merely says.

Robin falls to her knees and begins to cry. Sophia gets down to her level and hugs her tight, like comforting a little sibling.

There is no power. There is just a girl.

-

Leia takes the bus. Nobody pays her a second glance. She gets off at the city square stop. It is not a far walk. She is ready. She will kill him, and she will enjoy it.

She wipes her brow. Damn the rain.

24 hours.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   
Print
Jump to:  

Sorry, you must have JavaScript enabled to use the Flipline Forum.