Pages: [1] 2 3 4   
Print
Author Topic: Escapees [T] (Completed)  (Read 2623 times)
yeri
Forum President
Restaurant Legend

ddaeng ddaeng ddaeng

View Profile
« on: March 02, 2020, 09:28:36 AM »

Yes, this is Anomalies 2. Hopefully better than the first.

Set roughly half a year after the ending of Anomalies.

Main Characters:
Escapees:
-Sophia Amber, born Lena Rostova {Age: 24 years}
-Ted Moisues {Age: Unknown}
-Cosmic Isola {Age: 18 years}

Survivors:
-Robin, former aide to the late Cleanser Lusamine, Ruler of All, Head of Judicial Department, has lost the powers she once possessed but managed to survive the building explosion {Age: 20 years}
-Kenny Penguin, former Citadel Councillor and Head of Food Creation and Distribution, survived the building explosion as well {Age: 29 years}
-Leia Lu, former Citadel Detainer, believed to have died in a prison escape attempt {Age: 23 years}

Other, Less Prominent Survivors:
-Joe Twentyfour, former Citadel Councillor and Head of Technology, Education, and Treasury {Age: 55 years}
-Zetsu Beau, former Citadel Councillor and Head of Matchmaking {Age: 32 years}

Deceased:
-Cleanser Lusamine, Ruler of All, Head of Judicial Department, The Judge, did not survive the building explosion caused by Robin and Penguin {Age: 34 years at death}

Synopsis:

Everyone dies.

Everyone doesn't die.

Buried below the ruins, but still alive, a girl runs.

A former criminal, with memories of vengeance, searches.

Three refugees find themselves in a different place than they expected.

With reading this, please disregard Anomalies' epilogue for my sake.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2020, 01:51:06 PM by winter » Logged

Cacti [Apr 17 12:28 PM]:    Yves
Cacti [Apr 17 12:28 PM]:    I love that word
Cacti [Apr 17 12:28 PM]:    I don't know how to pronounce it
Cacti [Apr 17 12:28 PM]:    But I love it
yeri
Forum President
Restaurant Legend

ddaeng ddaeng ddaeng

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2020, 11:08:26 AM »

Prologue

"Hey. Hey. Are you okay?"

The girl's eyelashes flutter ever so softly and she squints as her eyes adjust to the bright light. She wears the dilapidated, tattered offwhite jumpsuit. It looks like the combination of a hospital gown and a prison jumpsuit.

When she sees the man looking down at her, arm outstretched, she goes immediately on alert.

"Get back." she snaps. The man obeys her request, hands up.

"Hey. Hey. It's okay. I'm not gonna hurt you. What happened?"

"Nothing you need to know," The girl evades his question, getting up from the ground. She looks behind her, expecting to see the prison building looming behind her, but it's just ruins. New wildlife has already sprouted. In the distance is a city, but not the Citadel she knew.

"Impossible..." she whispers.

"What is?"

"Where is the Citadel?"

"What is that?"

"You know, the Citadel! It's over there!" she exclaims, pointing in the distance.

The man laughs. "Bruh, that's New York City."

"What is a New York City?"

The man laughs again.

The girl starts walking away in the direction of the city.

"Hey, wait! Where are you going?" the man shouts after her.

She turns back around and stares the man right in the face. Her face is determined and full of hate.

"I'm going to kill him."

"Who?"

Leia Lu doesn't smile, doesn't laugh, doesn't break her expression.

"I'm going to kill Kenny Penguin."

Colts
Go Colts!
Restaurant Legend

Gogo Momo!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2020, 08:44:15 PM »

Attention

Congrats to ok no for suggesting my current Forum name!
The forum wouldn’t be like this if they had just stanned Loona :pensive:
stan Loona
JEBZ Komics [Aug 28 06:34 PM]:    Brother E: Stan Loona
AskJoe [Aug 28 05:35 PM]:   @SpongeBob29 Stream Butterfly
Stan Loona
stan loona
Stan Loona Smiley
AskGowon [Jan 17 08:02 PM]:   Stan Loona. Stream Butterfly.
Stan Loona!
Join the forum Discord! https://discord.gg/RHNdcbg
Signup for my Survivor Game! https://discord.gg/FaGcQY8
Hope this helps.
yeri
Forum President
Restaurant Legend

ddaeng ddaeng ddaeng

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2020, 08:44:55 PM »

Thanks Cheesy

Colts
Go Colts!
Restaurant Legend

Gogo Momo!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2020, 08:46:27 PM »

oh no sea moose is gonna die

(I'm assuming Kenny Penguin in Penguin022)

Congrats to ok no for suggesting my current Forum name!
The forum wouldn’t be like this if they had just stanned Loona :pensive:
stan Loona
JEBZ Komics [Aug 28 06:34 PM]:    Brother E: Stan Loona
AskJoe [Aug 28 05:35 PM]:   @SpongeBob29 Stream Butterfly
Stan Loona
stan loona
Stan Loona Smiley
AskGowon [Jan 17 08:02 PM]:   Stan Loona. Stream Butterfly.
Stan Loona!
Join the forum Discord! https://discord.gg/RHNdcbg
Signup for my Survivor Game! https://discord.gg/FaGcQY8
Hope this helps.
The color of mood is blue
Snom
Restaurant Star

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2020, 08:49:30 PM »

IM HYPED

hEllo teeewedgie I’m excite d to play a fun game of twg goood noiiiiiiggt
Phil
Or Philly
Food Critic

fake, plastic trees

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2020, 09:50:43 PM »

Love Love Love Love Love Love

#GiveUsColoredBeltBucklesPLP
Forum Guy Funny Moments:
Do you stan Loona?
I don't think anyone said that, but okay.
Even people from Wisconsin have limits.
As a cow I sign
mom's angry duck
"Bruh! You stupid."
*Brother E has a bruh moment.*
my chef's are Phil and Loona
TOTALLY! TOTALLY! It would be so kawaii, it would absolutely confuse the baddies, and Tony and Mandi would be impressed! They could use a pacifier and a rattle as weapons.
I AGREE 100%

KAWAII DESUUU!
Theo
Food Critic

blub

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2020, 09:54:31 PM »

AJSDKASDK IT'S BACK  Hooray Hooray Hooray Hooray Hooray

I won't. I will choke this bitterness, this regret, then anger until I explode. And I will never accept that such a holiday has replaced my beloved New Year.

Never.
Penguin022
Restaurant Pro

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2020, 11:47:23 PM »

yo wtf

Not removing my signature until Flipline makes a CMC3:
AskJoe [Jun 30 11:19 PM]:   Flipline should make Cactus McCoy 3.
Kangablue [Jul 02 12:59 AM]:   I want Cactus McCoy 3 now Sad
Phil Swift [Sep 12 07:43 PM]:   They need to make CMC 3
Penguin022 was quietly listening to his own music while also praying for Cactus McCoy 3 to come out, which honestly, would be a good idea since I love the game personally.
https://i.imgur.com/AdSe1IF.png
Lu
◢ ◤
Restaurant Master

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2020, 10:13:52 AM »

yo wtf
lol

God Usopp [Aug 20 10:17 AM]:   costco is bestco

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fT9Q21sycyM
yeri
Forum President
Restaurant Legend

ddaeng ddaeng ddaeng

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2020, 06:56:37 PM »

Chapter One

So, it turned out, Sophia, Ted, and Cosmic were not in Canada. Apparently, in Canada, they do not say the word "y'all", and once someone dropped a "deadass", it was all over, and it turned out they were in a small town in the United State of New York, whatever that meant. They never saw the man who told them they were in Canada again, and it wasn't really a big issue to them. Their main focus was to survive and get past everything that had happened with the Citadel. Eventually they moved to the City of the United State of New York, also known as New York City, to blend in with the bunches of people living there.

They learned not to ask questions about the Citadel, because the people in the small town had no idea what it was, and the people in the city knew it as a 36-month study conducted by a certain Harvard University. The overwhelming lack of knowledge about the Citadel almost led the three to start believing the majority, even though they all knew that wasn't true.

Paco hates New York City. So does Ted. The three escapees are slowly growing less close to each other, united only by the struggles and trauma they faced in the Citadel. They are too scared to break apart, but they stay in their rooms for most of their time at their apartment, and they don't really talk to each other except when asking who's getting this week's groceries.

The people they know know them as people who are shy and closed off, and they assume they suffered bad childhoods they don't want to talk about. That isn't it at all, but they would never say that to anyone. Nobody could understand what they went through.

Except, of course, the other survivors.

Joe Twentyfour and Zetsu Beau keep in contact, but live separate, comfortable lives and slowly forget the Citadel. Zetsu develops dating simulators and dating apps, and Joe goes to school and becomes a high school science teacher. They forge elaborate pasts and live lives in false calm.

But they are not the only ones still alive.

-

Deep in the ruins of the building Cleanser Lusamine had once made his speech on, mere minutes after the fateful explosion, Robin wakes up.

Robin is not an Anomaly. She is different from that. It's different for her. She tries to find a feeling, tries to find the red glow in her hands, but there is nothing. All is still. Is she the only one to survive?

She crawls toward Lusamine, whose blood-matted hair she can see in the close distance, and fumbles around to find that one spot on his neck the pulse is. He is significantly less warm than herself. There is no pulse, no nothing, and Robin begins to panic. Did she kill him? Is she a murderer? No, she rationalizes, it must not have been her. It must have been Kenny Penguin's bullet that killed Cleanser Lusamine, Cleanser Lusamine who they betrayed. But it was a betrayal for the better, was it not? Lusamine was unstable, unfit to lead a society. Robin did the right thing.

But she feels like everything she did was wrong. There is no pulse. Lusamine is dead.

She crawls out of the rocks, slowly but steadily, and hobbles out of the broken Citadel. Everything is gone. There is nothing but death. If Robin is to survive, she is to leave this life behind. She does not look back.

Unfortunately for Robin, Kenny Penguin is also making his way out of the ruins. He is significantly more battered than the young Robin, whose powers may have saved her from a worse fate, but he is nonetheless alive. Blood drips from his nose, and he follows the young woman toward the walls in the distance, the borders he knew little of and never cared to explore.

-

Leia enters the city. She wanders aimlessly, walking around, staring at the bright lights of the billboards and various advertisements exploding in her face. Despite her already alienating presence of a battered prison uniform that isn't the traditional orange or black-and-white, she knows her street etiquette and crosses the streets only when others cross the street.

Leia runs into a problem quite quickly: money and food. She knows money exists, obviously, the Citadel hadn't deviated from real society all that much, but she doesn't know how to obtain money. She knows of ways, but they're less than ideal.

So she resorts to pickpocketing and sleeping in hidden corners of alleyways. To many, she's just a homeless person, and she learns to beg, because people will actually give money to beggars sometimes.

She learns to stop asking about Kenny Penguin. Nobody knows who she's talking about. The chances of him being in this city are low, but she just has a feeling. They can't stray too far from the Citadel, can they?

And one day, fatefully enough, when she is on the street begging, a familiar face shows up in the crowd. One she'd long believed to be dead, but also one she'd seen not too long ago when she was still Kenny Penguin's double agent, and one who was clearly still alive.

Lena. Her face is unmistakable.

She abruptly stops begging and begins to follow the young woman.

DeluxePizza
OC Maker
Global Moderator
Restaurant Legend

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2020, 07:47:44 PM »

rip lusamine if only he had stanned loona Pensive

If deluding yourself that you're not the same condescending person you were back then makes you feel better, then be my guest at this point. But the more you talk, the less people buy your victim-card bs.

Phil
Or Philly
Food Critic

fake, plastic trees

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2020, 07:59:27 PM »

Pensive Pensive Pensive

#GiveUsColoredBeltBucklesPLP
Forum Guy Funny Moments:
Do you stan Loona?
I don't think anyone said that, but okay.
Even people from Wisconsin have limits.
As a cow I sign
mom's angry duck
"Bruh! You stupid."
*Brother E has a bruh moment.*
my chef's are Phil and Loona
TOTALLY! TOTALLY! It would be so kawaii, it would absolutely confuse the baddies, and Tony and Mandi would be impressed! They could use a pacifier and a rattle as weapons.
I AGREE 100%

KAWAII DESUUU!
The color of mood is blue
Snom
Restaurant Star

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2020, 05:23:06 PM »

That was the best introduction sentence I’ve ever seen. I am so happy

hEllo teeewedgie I’m excite d to play a fun game of twg goood noiiiiiiggt
yeri
Forum President
Restaurant Legend

ddaeng ddaeng ddaeng

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2020, 07:58:50 PM »

Chapter Two

Leia follows Lena surprisingly well, and eventually the two turn into an apartment building. There is no doorman to stop Leia, so she catches the door before it closes and stands behind Lena at the elevator. Her heart races. What does she say to the girl she was best friends with that she thought had been executed? The one person who would understand what she meant about the Citadel?

"Lena." she says. Lena doesn't respond, doesn't move, just clenches her key in her right hand slightly more.

"Lena."

Lena doesn't move.

"Lena, I'm talking to you."

Lena turns around and sees Leia. If she hadn't recognized her by her voice, she does by her appearance, and her facial expression changes from irritated to shocked to focused.

"How the hell...never mind. We can't talk here. Follow me."

She goes into the elevator and beckons Leia to follow, which she supposed she had been doing the whole time.

As they wait in the elevator, Lena speaks up.

"You can't call me Lena anymore."

"What?"

"You can't call me Lena anymore. As far as everyone knows, my name is Sophia."

"Why Sophia?"

"I don't know. Why do you care?"

"Lena's nicer."

Lena, no, Sophia scowls. "Whatever. That's beside the point. What are you doing here?"

"I followed you." Leia says simply. "And we can get to that later. What happened?"

Sophia sighs. "It's a long story. Come on."

-

Sophia's apartment is nothing special, but it gets the point across. It is devoid of personality and lacks any substance, but yet it fulfills every basic need. On the kitchen counter is an open pizza box, and Leia sees two guys silently eating pizza.

"Hey." Sophia says. The two guys turn their heads towards her. "This is Leia. I knew her in the Citadel. She was a former Detainer."

The guys are immediately on alert, probably from instinct, and then relax, probably because her status as a Detainer is null now.

"Leia's been...absent for a while." Sophia begins to explain.

"I was in prison and then I tried to escape and then I woke up on the ground and the Citadel was gone. What happened? Where's Kenny Penguin?"

One of the guys' expressions darkens. The other one smiles genially and says, "I haven't heard that name in a long time."

-

Kenny Penguin, now going by the name of Kenny McCoy, has somehow managed to weasel himself into a position of American relevance. Not by what you would assume, by being a famous YouTuber or Instagram personality or, gods forbid, TikTok star (even though the app had long faded out of popularity), but by going from nobody to somebody in the game of politics and debate, and, unfortunately, being a constant subject of thirst tweets; a modern Timothée Chalamet of sorts. Apparently, despite having broken his nose and deformed it significantly during the building explosion, Kenny Penguin/McCoy is attractive to the American audience. It also helps that he is amazing at arguing with people and analyzing them, similar to the level of a lawyer battering a witness with questions. It is noted that the audience viewership of debates has risen quite significantly, and it is easy to infer that Kenny himself is part of the reason.

And, of course, there is nothing any of the former Citadel residents can do about it, as to the general public, the Citadel was a 36 month long study conducted by the prestigious Harvard University. The world they had known was completely and totally fabricated, and it turned out that the world around the Citadel had been living quite fine.

"So, you're telling me, he's a...public figure?" Leia asks, disgust showing in her voice.

"Yup." one of the guys, whose name she's learned is Ted, says, biting into a peace of pizza. "That's exactly it."

"And we can't do anything to expose what he did."

"Nope."

"bleep!" she exclaims. "This bleeping sucks."

"What do you have to do with him?" the other guy, Cosmic, asks.

Leia and Sophia share a look. Sophia evidently remembers seeing Leia in the passenger seat of Kenny Penguin's car that one day. The windows were not as tinted as she believed.

"As Sophia told you, I was a Detainer. He visited the headquarters quite frequently when Matt was otherwise occupied, or he would just visit to piss Matt off." Leia lies smoothly. It's not a total lie, but she doesn't trust Ted and Cosmic enough to tell them her life story. "What happened to Lusamine?" she then asks, trying to make her focus on Penguin not too obvious.

The three share an uncomfortable look. "No one knows. We assume he's dead."

"And his aide? I met her once, she was a nice girl."

"Um...last we heard, before we left, she and Penguin were caught trying to overthrow Lusamine."

Ted then looks Leia clean in the eye. "So, we know of his plot to kill Lusamine, and I don't think you asking about him is just a casual question. You're associated with him somehow, aren't you. So, for your sake, since obviously you don't have a home or a stable income, that you tell us the truth, because this is our house and my hospitality and patience are wearing out. Why do you care about Penguin?"

Leia assumes he thinks she'll wilt and submit. But Leia was a Detainer, not a flower. So, she doesn't wilt, and she instead drops her casual, curious expression to one of loathing and laughs drily.

"I'm gonna find him." she says, staring Ted in the eyes, challenging him to break her expression. "And I'm gonna kill him. I'm gonna make him pay for everything he did and everything he thinks he can get away with. And I know that you'll be fine with that, so I suggest you pay me some respect, because I was trained with killing and you probably can't stab someone with a butter knife. So, let me handle this."

Ted doesn't respond. She turns towards Sophia and smiles.

"So. Do you have any extra clothes I can wear? This prison jumpsuit stands out terribly."

Sophia gives her a hint of a smile.

"Follow me."

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   
Print
Jump to:  

Sorry, you must have JavaScript enabled to use the Flipline Forum.