Poll
Question:  Which one of my 3 suggested art softwares is your favorite?
Krita
Medibang Paint Pro
MyPaint

Pages: [1]   
Print
Author Topic: 3 More Than Decent FREE Alternatives To Photoshop  (Read 708 times)
MissKitty
❤ Cat Queen ❤
Pizza Topper

I turn into a cat at midnight =3

View Profile
« on: March 03, 2020, 03:16:30 PM »

I've made this topic in the hope of helping fellow aspiring artists who need better software to make their artistic magic happen Cheery

First and foremost, we have my favorite free alternative to Photoshop: KRITA Cool

https://krita.org/en/

Krita is a superb free replica of Photoshop. Although it is not exactly the same as Photoshop, it certainly is a great replica and for those who cannot get access to Photoshop, it’s literally the next best thing! I promise you!! Smiley

And I’m sure even if you do have Photoshop, Krita won’t fail to impress you. For something that is free, it does wonders! Grin

It’s one of the best 100% free art softwares you’ll get out there, in my opinion! It’s also very professional and not just any old free art software.

To explore some few of the very very many features of Krita, head over to the website using this link, it’ll take you straight to the features page:

https://krita.org/en/features/highlights/

Of course, if you do already have Photoshop you’d maybe prefer to stick with that – but if you do decide to swap over to Krita for any reason, or you just want to give it a go for fun, Krita has its own documentation that will help Photoshop users learn how to adapt to using Krita!

The Documentation to help Photoshop Users adapt to switching to Krita is in the following link:

https://docs.krita.org/en/user_manual/introduction_from_other_software/introduction_from_photoshop.html

If you want to see some professional artworks, and see what level this software can take your art too, here are some pieces of art for you to explore and admire Wink:

[The Official Krita Artworks Gallery, Website] https://krita-artists.org/c/artwork/l/top  Hooray Hooray Hooray
[“Pepper & Carrot” A Girl (Witch) & Ginger Cat Duo – A series of comics for a story skillfully illustrated by David Revoy] https://www.peppercarrot.com/  Love

Alright, enough about Krita, let’s move on to the next software! Cheesy

Next up, we have: MEDIBANG PAINT PRO

This software is great for more unprofessional artists who still want to create very decent artworks but do not want to, or are struggling with learning the many complex aspects that most decent art softwares come with.

Although Medibang Paint Pro still has all the filter options, and layer masks its not overly fancy and hard to get a grip of. It’s also a good software to make pre-sketches or line-art, and a place to test your colour palettes on your drawings quickly with filters and colour effects, without having to worry about taking the time to properly do it in the usual professional art softwares. Tongue yay

It’s also a great place to break down and simplify your ideas in your head straight onto the canvas, to later properly remake in more advanced softwares if you want to! Have fun being a little lazy and using short-cut techniques if you use this software lol!  Silly Smile Silly Smile

Check out the Medibang Paint website here for more info:

https://medibangpaint.com/en/pc/

And, last but not least!!: MYPAINT

One of the most simple paint softwares I’ve seen out there yet! This software is more for those freestyle and quick-fix artists out there! Wild and exploring artists who don’t need fancy tools and equipment to bang up some real good art, are the type of artists who might enjoy this quirky software with an forever endless canvas! You can enjoy making art freely without the restraints of typical art softwares!  Cool Cool

Shocked ...It’s also open-source (which is great, btw), if you know what that means (lol!) – and if you don’t, then it probably doesn’t make much of a difference for you to know that!

Download it here on their website:

http://mypaint.org/

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Thank you for reading this, and I really really hope this is useful for you, and sorry if it seems a bit rushed.. because it is! I am in a rush right now… lol but I will probably come back when I have some more time and re-edit it over and over again!)

P.S: (I wasn’t sure if this is the right board to post this in, and sorry if it isn’t!)
Also, most of what I’ve written in this comment is my opinions on these softwares and I thought my opinions would count seeing as I have used every single one of them for considerable amounts of time. But I understand it doesn’t mean you will experience these softwares in exactly the same way as me, I hope you do to.

I am open to feedback, and your personal opinions on these softwares! It would also be super lovely to hear if this helped any of you who needed a better art software or felt that they couldn’t get better at art unless they used Photoshop or something just as good or professional as it ^w^

P.S.S (I haven't had the time to test any of the links yet to the websites, if someone could test them for me and verify they are all working and link correctly that would be great and most appreciated! Also, if a link doesn't work it's probably because I haven't pasted it in right, in that case, sorry for the inconvenience  Nervous!)
« Last Edit: March 03, 2020, 04:30:39 PM by MissKitty » Logged

[semi-active] May Allah [God] make this year better than your last, may it be filled with mercy, blessings, and immense lasting benefit to you and your loved ones! Cheesy And may you be blessed, whoever you are!
JEBZ Komics
Four boys and comics!
Restaurant Master

Back to the Pepper Jack.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2020, 08:56:42 AM »

Brother E: Which drawing stylus do you think is the best for a decent price? I've been looking for those and haven't really had much give away. Nervous

MissKitty
❤ Cat Queen ❤
Pizza Topper

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2020, 09:35:39 AM »

Brother E: Which drawing stylus do you think is the best for a decent price? I've been looking for those and haven't really had much give away. Nervous

These are the 2 drawing tablets I have at the moment:

XP-Pen Artist15.6 15.6" Graphics Drawing Tablet with Screen Pen Display 8192 Pen Pressure 6 Hot Keys 1920x180 FHD

^ This one comes with a pressure-sensitive screen, a pen, a holder for the pen and costs £299.90 on the website I'm looking at, but you can find it cheaper on other websites.

If you're interested in that one, you can go to their website www.xppen.com and find it or buy one of the many different drawing tablets they also supply

Intuos Wacoms
^ There are many different versions of these, they are lightweight, easy to setup (just one wire compared to 3 or 4 wires if you use an XP-Pen) and aren't overly priced. They typically cost about £49.99

I believe the company is called "Wacom" but I didn't look for their website, but you can probably find it online.

Hope this helps! Cheesy

[semi-active] May Allah [God] make this year better than your last, may it be filled with mercy, blessings, and immense lasting benefit to you and your loved ones! Cheesy And may you be blessed, whoever you are!
-Iced_Ibzy-
ibzy the ice boi
Restaurant Master

new profile pic!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2020, 09:48:04 AM »

Do all of these have administrator rights to download them?

Me and all my FCs wish you an amazing day!
Vote for Owen, Feng and Lavender for KCP20! http://www.flipline.com/kcp20/d6x8mrz64f
10.09.17 = Blake
4.10.17 = Timm and Cecilia
28.10.17 = Timm going in portal (Papa Louie 3)
1.11.17 = Moe (da best male customer)
14.7.19 = Owen (one of my entries in KCP19)
28.7.19 = My KCP Entries (KCP Trio)
19.8.19 = Owen (entry in KCP19) with coloured
background
10.9.19 = Owen in FC Games
4.10.19 = Lavender dressed up as a witch for Halloween
6.11.19 = Owen shown as the winner in FC Games: Season 1
22.11.19 = Skyler da underrated kween
26.12.19 = Owen as a judge in FC Games 2
13.02.20 = Owen & Piper (Happy Valentine's Day 2020!)
17.02.20 = New Update of PLP is here!
02.03.20 = Elliot doing the robot during the countdown to St. Paddy's. Day
22.03.20 = elliot in online school
19.04.20 = phil from the promised neverland
17.05.20 = me stroking a meerkat (i'm green hoodie guy)
01.06.20 = devin from ridonculous race
18.06.20 = new name and promised neverland gif
26.08.20 = skyler for pnc20
03.09.20 = skyler isn't in pnc2020 so error
04.09.20 = drawing of owen
25.09.20 = ibzyfrost
Dope Quote Collection:
Ibzy is the Arabic text because everytime I see him he says he is going to Arabic lessons.
Rachel: Well, what I do know is that because of you, this party will be a total disaster because the winner of The FC Games will be absent!
Bethany: Don't put all of the blame on me! You are responsible as well! If I had seen a name spelled like O-W-E-H-N-N on your list, this party wouldn't be a disaster
Rachel: You said what now?
Bethany: Owen! With "H" and double "N"
Rachel: Oh, Lord! You don't even know how his name is spelled!
Bethany: Am I supposed to?
Rachel: Yes!
Bethany: I am sorry, I am not a denominator.
Rachel: I am sure you don't even know how that's spelled either. Besides, Owen is a quite usual name nowadays. When I walk down the street, I can name at least 3 Owens at a time.
Bethany: Then why didn't you invite one of them?
Rachel: Because surname is such an important factor as well, you fool!
Not that I am stalking his FC topic or anything but anyway
cuz they've got S P I C E S
She kidnaps Matt and Tony in there
Lamo
You've been judged, nasty boi
Ibzy: brb cloning myself
Me: Reveals OC
Kaito: Nice
Kaito: Reveals FC
Forum: OMGGGGGG!11!!!!!11
Call out the actions, not the people

JEBZ Komics
Four boys and comics!
Restaurant Master

Back to the Pepper Jack.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2020, 10:01:47 AM »

Do all of these have administrator rights to download them?
Brother E: Some apps are free, and some aren't. I know PhotoShop does, not sure about the others.

Ninja Monkey
The FC Games Judge
Papa's Assistant

Ready for Season 3

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2020, 11:03:34 AM »

For the purpose of editing images (as opposed to drawing) I actually use a different free and open-source program, called GIMP.(gimp.org) I haven't tried Krita or any of the others, but GIMP is actually a really good image editor, in my opinion. Not so great for drawing, but that's not a problem because there are other programs you can use for that.

For drawing, I usually use an app on my phone called ibisPaint X, which is free to download and is, in my opinion, more than good enough for the job. There are premium features you can purchase, but you can also get by just fine without them.

"Most people don't know why I do the things I do. Most people don't even know my real name. I'd like to keep it that way."
-E.N.I.G.M.A.

JEBZ Komics
Four boys and comics!
Restaurant Master

Back to the Pepper Jack.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2020, 05:39:44 PM »

For the purpose of editing images (as opposed to drawing) I actually use a different free and open-source program, called GIMP.(gimp.org) I haven't tried Krita or any of the others, but GIMP is actually a really good image editor, in my opinion. Not so great for drawing, but that's not a problem because there are other programs you can use for that.

For drawing, I usually use an app on my phone called ibisPaint X, which is free to download and is, in my opinion, more than good enough for the job. There are premium features you can purchase, but you can also get by just fine without them.
Brother E: We have Ibis Paint X too! Smiley
If I may ask, which type of stylus do you use? We are trying to find a good one to draw with.

Rocky
Citrus Zester
Restaurant Master

mood

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2020, 05:50:38 PM »

I use Krita for some of my drawings

Ninja Monkey
The FC Games Judge
Papa's Assistant

Ready for Season 3

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2020, 07:48:11 AM »

Brother E: We have Ibis Paint X too! Smiley
If I may ask, which type of stylus do you use? We are trying to find a good one to draw with.
I just use my fingers...

"Most people don't know why I do the things I do. Most people don't even know my real name. I'd like to keep it that way."
-E.N.I.G.M.A.

JEBZ Komics
Four boys and comics!
Restaurant Master

Back to the Pepper Jack.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2020, 07:55:19 AM »

I just use my fingers...
Brother E: Oh. I tried that but it seems way to hard. Nervous

Ninja Monkey
The FC Games Judge
Papa's Assistant

Ready for Season 3

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2020, 09:29:51 AM »

It takes some getting used to, maybe. Perhaps the fact that I never really draw with normal pens or pencils has something to do with it. Once you get used to using your fingers it's really not that bad. I think the main reason so many artists prefer drawing with a stylus is because they first learnt how to draw using pens and pencils on paper, rather than drawing digitally.

-E.N.I.G.M.A.

MissKitty
❤ Cat Queen ❤
Pizza Topper

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2020, 02:03:42 AM »

GIMP came installed on my old computer and I think it is really good for editing images but yeah it doesn't really beat any of the actual art drawing softwares.

MissKitty
❤ Cat Queen ❤
Pizza Topper

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2020, 02:09:56 AM »

Brother E: Oh. I tried that but it seems way to hard. Nervous

You know in fact the apple ipad pro 10.5 (if I remember correctly) is great for drawing with. It's portable (of course, being an ipad), you can buy a special carry bag for it that let's you sit it down like it's on an easel, and for the art, you can download Procreate buy an Apple Pencil. I think it has to be the ipad pro 10.5 because I think the apple pencil only calibrates with that specific one and maybe a few others? I'm not sure if I'm remembering correctly but you should check on youtube and see reviews on it because it's an awesome 2-in-1 and seems to work really well for artists.

Personally, I am considering buying one but since its not the latest version ipad that's the only bit why I'm unsure to buy it.

MissKitty
❤ Cat Queen ❤
Pizza Topper

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2020, 02:11:23 AM »

It takes some getting used to, maybe. Perhaps the fact that I never really draw with normal pens or pencils has something to do with it. Once you get used to using your fingers it's really not that bad. I think the main reason so many artists prefer drawing with a stylus is because they first learnt how to draw using pens and pencils on paper, rather than drawing digitally.

Yeah, it's just a knack.

JEBZ Komics
Four boys and comics!
Restaurant Master

Back to the Pepper Jack.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2020, 10:32:55 AM »

You know in fact the apple ipad pro 10.5 (if I remember correctly) is great for drawing with. It's portable (of course, being an ipad), you can buy a special carry bag for it that let's you sit it down like it's on an easel, and for the art, you can download Procreate buy an Apple Pencil. I think it has to be the ipad pro 10.5 because I think the apple pencil only calibrates with that specific one and maybe a few others? I'm not sure if I'm remembering correctly but you should check on youtube and see reviews on it because it's an awesome 2-in-1 and seems to work really well for artists.

Personally, I am considering buying one but since its not the latest version ipad that's the only bit why I'm unsure to buy it.
Brother E: Yes, I've watched YouTube videos on it before.

Pages: [1]   
Print
Jump to:  

Sorry, you must have JavaScript enabled to use the Flipline Forum.