Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   
Print
Author Topic: God  (Read 6617 times)
Abu
Radley's Rival

ЦВЕТ НАСТРОЕНИЯ СИНИЙ

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: April 25, 2020, 11:22:51 AM »

Those who do not know say, "Why does God not speak to us, nor a sign come to us?" Likewise did those who come before them speak words like theirs. Their hearts are alike. We have made the signs clear for people who are certain [in faith].

[The Calf, 118]
Abu
Radley's Rival

ЦВЕТ НАСТРОЕНИЯ СИНИЙ

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 25, 2020, 11:23:11 AM »

Those who do not know say, "Why does God not speak to us, nor a sign come to us?" Likewise did those who come before them speak words like theirs. Their hearts are alike. We have made the signs clear for people who are certain [in faith].

[The Calf, 118]
From the Quran.
The color of mood is blue
Snom
Franchise Owner

Mmmmmmmmmmm

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 25, 2020, 03:08:05 PM »

This is my first Ramadan too! I decided to start to read the Quran and it’s truly speaking to me. This is God’s word for sure!

And miss kitty, please share some parts you like!

hEllo teeewedgie I’m excite d to play a fun game of twg goood noiiiiiiggt
RUNEPATRIARCH
The Darkness... is here.
Restaurant Legend

The Queen(King) Of Darkness

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 26, 2020, 09:10:11 AM »

I am a Roman Catholic and I go to church occasionally but I am not really a strong believer - I prefer to pray at home than to expose my faith to the right and left. Religion is an individual matter.

However, now when I write my Master's thesis on Silent Hill and how the religion affects people, I really see how some people perceive religion - some see it as the most important thing in life and almost follow religious fanaticism (like the The Brethren cult and Christabella Gillespie), others are moderate religious and occasionally pray (like Rose Da Silva) and others are complete atheists who do not believe in supernatural powers as believing in something which doesn't exist is weird (like Cybil Bennett).

But I'm not saying that the religion and faith is wrong.

Also I've never read whole Bible.

"All knowledge is good knowledge."
"To win, sometimes you have to know how to lose."
"I’d rather be hated for who I am, than liked for who I pretend to be."
"It's okay to be sad."
Snom
Franchise Owner

Mmmmmmmmmmm

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 26, 2020, 10:31:51 AM »

Oh, and also, out of curiosity, may I ask why you are looking into Islam/learning more about it? I was a little bit surprised when you said you were going to read the Quran, because on another topic you said you were an Eastern Orthodox. It would be super interesting to know from your perspective (and others like you, perhaps) why you would learn more about Islam (or other religions).

I would think, it is perhaps just for a more diverse understanding of all religions?
I'd also love to hear from you as well, which parts of the Quran interest you the most! Grin
For around a year I’ve been debating with myself about if Islam or orthodoxy is the best religion for me, so I decided I would start to read the Quran. When I started it was 3 days before Ramadan, so I’m celebrating Ramadan this year due to the good timing! Abu has been helping me a lot with this too, and giving me lots of advice and help! So far the Quran has just really spoken to me, and answered all of the questions that were making me unsure about Christianity. I’m going to read the tablecloth today (not sure what it’s called in Arabic)

Ibzy
ibzy the ice boi
Restaurant Master

hello : D

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 26, 2020, 01:04:21 PM »

Ooooh good luck TCOMIB!

Me and all my FCs wish you an amazing day!
Vote for Owen, Feng and Lavender for KCP20! http://www.flipline.com/kcp20/d6x8mrz64f
10.09.17 = Blake
4.10.17 = Timm and Cecilia
28.10.17 = Timm going in portal (Papa Louie 3)
1.11.17 = Moe (da best male customer)
14.7.19 = Owen (one of my entries in KCP19)
28.7.19 = My KCP Entries (KCP Trio)
19.8.19 = Owen (entry in KCP19) with coloured
background
10.9.19 = Owen in FC Games
4.10.19 = Lavender dressed up as a witch for Halloween
6.11.19 = Owen shown as the winner in FC Games: Season 1
22.11.19 = Skyler da underrated kween
26.12.19 = Owen as a judge in FC Games 2
13.02.20 = Owen & Piper (Happy Valentine's Day 2020!)
17.02.20 = New Update of PLP is here!
02.03.20 = Elliot doing the robot during the countdown to St. Paddy's. Day
22.03.20 = elliot in online school
19.04.20 = phil from the promised neverland
17.05.20 = me stroking a meerkat (i'm green hoodie guy)
01.06.20 = devin from ridonculous race
18.06.20 = new name and promised neverland gif
26.08.20 = skyler for pnc20
03.09.20 = skyler isn't in pnc2020 so error
04.09.20 = drawing of owen
25.09.20 = ibzyfrost
Dope Quote Collection:
Ibzy is the Arabic text because everytime I see him he says he is going to Arabic lessons.
Rachel: Well, what I do know is that because of you, this party will be a total disaster because the winner of The FC Games will be absent!
Bethany: Don't put all of the blame on me! You are responsible as well! If I had seen a name spelled like O-W-E-H-N-N on your list, this party wouldn't be a disaster
Rachel: You said what now?
Bethany: Owen! With "H" and double "N"
Rachel: Oh, Lord! You don't even know how his name is spelled!
Bethany: Am I supposed to?
Rachel: Yes!
Bethany: I am sorry, I am not a denominator.
Rachel: I am sure you don't even know how that's spelled either. Besides, Owen is a quite usual name nowadays. When I walk down the street, I can name at least 3 Owens at a time.
Bethany: Then why didn't you invite one of them?
Rachel: Because surname is such an important factor as well, you fool!
Not that I am stalking his FC topic or anything but anyway
cuz they've got S P I C E S
She kidnaps Matt and Tony in there
Lamo
You've been judged, nasty boi
Ibzy: brb cloning myself
Me: Reveals OC
Kaito: Nice
Kaito: Reveals FC
Forum: OMGGGGGG!11!!!!!11
Call out the actions, not the people

Snom
Franchise Owner

Mmmmmmmmmmm

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 26, 2020, 02:13:30 PM »

That's great! I hope you find more answers for what you were looking for.

What made you consider Islam over any other religion, or have you tried other ones already that didn't work for you?

I was born into a Muslim household, but not necessarily a Muslim family. My family are very much practically irreligious and are more cultural than religious, which is not the same. So for a long time I've found it hard to accept Islam because my family were a big influence, even though my household are very very much religious. But I think this year, I'm a new me, (plus, in a weird way, because of lock-down I've seen my family much less so actually because of that, I suppose I haven't felt so much, the pressure of not fitting in with them and having them judge me) and the only people around me the most, at the moment is my parents and my siblings, who are all very much religious. So this year was the first year I've actually decided to actively engage and learn as much as I can about Islam too.

Also, I'm guessing you might mean Surat 5. Al-Ma'idah (also translated as [The Table spread with Food]), if you were wondering what its name is in Arabic Cheery
To me, it was more of a gut feeling since I’ve had a lot of Muslim friends and just everything about the religion appealed to me. I loved learning about it. I felt more inclined to read more into it because I’ve had so many issues with Christians in the last. Many that were not only hypocritical, but cruel, liars, abusive, etc. It’s been bothering me so much to remain in the same religion as those who have hurt me. Perhaps it’s only another part of my attempts to be as different than I was expected to be then as possible as a way to cope. But, besides that, when I started to look into it it just made sense. I only wanted to stick with abrahamic religions, and Judaism didn’t appeal to me at all. So it was Christianity or Islam. I’m so glad that you decided to learn more about your religion too! May God bless you on your journey and give you peace

Snom
Franchise Owner

Mmmmmmmmmmm

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 27, 2020, 09:54:33 AM »

I'm glad you've decided to give Islam a chance, and I really hope you find peace & guidance from it! Have hope - God is there for you, and I'll be praying for you (and prayers are more special in the month of Ramadan Wink)! I'm confident you will find what you are looking for - and even if you don't, with a character like yours you should get on well in life in general! May God Bless you and Guide you to what's best for you! Good Luck!
Thank you so much! Your kind words mean a lot to me and truly help me during this journey. I appreciate your prayers greatly, and I shall pray for you too! You are such a sweet person

Abu
Radley's Rival

ЦВЕТ НАСТРОЕНИЯ СИНИЙ

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 10, 2020, 06:30:56 AM »

Here is a wonderful passage I think everyone should read from the Quran.

And when Moses said unto his servant, "I shall continue on till I reach the junction of the two seas, even if I journey for a long time." Then when they reached the junction of the two, they forgot their fish, and it made its way to the sea, burrowing away. Then when they had passed beyond, he said to his servant, "Bring us our meal. We have certainly met with weariness on this journey of ours." He said, "Didst thou see? When we took refuge at the rock, indeed I forgot the fish — and naught made me neglect to mention it, save Satan — and it made its way to the sea in a wondrous manner!" He said, "That is what we were seeking!" So they turned back, retracing their steps.

[The Cave 60-64]

There they found a servant from among Our servants whom We had granted a mercy from Us and whom We had taught knowledge from Our Presence. Moses said unto him, "Shall I follow thee, that thou mightest teach me some of that which thou hast been taught of sound judgement?" He said, "Truly thou wilt not be able to bear patiently with me. And how canst thou bear patiently that which thou dost not encompass in awareness?" He said, "Thou wilt find me patient, if God wills, and I shall not disobey thee in any matter." He said, "If thou wouldst follow me, then question me not about anything, till I make mention of it to thee."

[The Cave 65-70]

So they went on till, when they had embarked upon a ship, he made a hole therein. He said, "Didst thou make a hole in it in order to drown its people? Thou hast done a monstrous thing!" He said, "Did I not say unto thee that thou wouldst not be able to bear patiently with me?" He said, "Take me not to task for having forgotten, not make me suffer much hardship on account of what I have done."

[The Cave 71-73]

So they went on till they met a young boy, and he slew him. He said, "Didst thou slay a pure soul who had slain no other soul? Thou hast certainly done a terrible thing!" He said, "Did I not say unto thee that thou wouldst not be able to bear patiently with me?" He said, "If I question thee concerning aught after this, then keep my company no more. Thou hast attained sufficient excuse from me."

[The Cave 74-76]

So they went on till they came upon the people of a town and sought food from them. But they refused to show them any hospitality. Then they found therein a wall that was about to fall down; so he set it up straight. He said, "Hadst thou willed, thou couldst have taken a wage for it."

[The Cave 77]

He said, "This is the parting between thee and me. I shall inform thee of the meaning of that which thou couldst not bear patiently: As for the ship, it belonged to [needy] people who worked the sea. I desired to damage it, for just beyond them was a king who was seizing every ship by force. And as for the young boy, his parents were believers and we feared that he would make them suffer much through rebellion and disbelief. So we desired that their Lord give them in exchange one who is better than him in purity, and nearer to mercy. And as for the wall, it belonged to two orphan boys in the city, and beneath it was a treasure belong to them. Their father was righteous, and thy Lord desired that they should reach their maturity and extract their treasure, as a mercy from thy Lord. And I did not do this upon my own command. This is the meaning of that which thou couldst not bear patiently."

[The Cave 78-82]
Snom
Franchise Owner

Mmmmmmmmmmm

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 10, 2020, 07:39:04 AM »

Thank you for posting these verses!

Ibzy
ibzy the ice boi
Restaurant Master

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 10, 2020, 11:19:17 AM »

Yeah, I think this is from Surah-Al-Kahf, that is a beautiful Surah!  Cheery

Vote for Owen, Feng and Lavender for KCP20! http://www.flipline.com/kcp20/d6x8mrz64f
10.09.17 = Blake
background
25.09.20 = ibzyfrost
Dope Quote Collection:
Ibzy is the Arabic text because everytime I see him he says he is going to Arabic lessons.
Rachel: Well, what I do know is that because of you, this party will be a total disaster because the winner of The FC Games will be absent!
Bethany: Don't put all of the blame on me! You are responsible as well! If I had seen a name spelled like O-W-E-H-N-N on your list, this party wouldn't be a disaster
Rachel: I am sure you don't even know how that's spelled either. Besides, Owen is a quite usual name nowadays. When I walk down the street, I can name at least 3 Owens at a time.
Lamo

Abu
Radley's Rival

ЦВЕТ НАСТРОЕНИЯ СИНИЙ

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 10, 2020, 03:40:59 PM »

Yes it is an amazing parable!
Snom
Franchise Owner

Mmmmmmmmmmm

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 19, 2020, 12:14:49 PM »

I would love to post some verses on here too, before the end of Ramadan, but I think the Quran just has too many beautiful verses and it's so hard to pick from them! I think I'll finish reading the whole Quran in English first and then come back and pick some (I will have finished reading the whole Quran in arabic and english by the end of this ramadan إن شاء الله!)
Great idea!

Ibzy
ibzy the ice boi
Restaurant Master

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 19, 2020, 05:03:20 PM »

I want to stay up but my mum says I can't otherwise you won't get any sleep cos I am a deep sleeper

10.09.17 = Blake
background
25.09.20 = ibzyfrost
Dope Quote Collection:
Lamo

Snom
Franchise Owner

Mmmmmmmmmmm

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 19, 2020, 06:20:54 PM »

For Muslims all around the world, we are in the Holy Month of Ramadan at the moment. But tonight is more special than any day in a whole year is. Every year the opportunity rises once in the last 10 days or Ramadan and we call it "Layla'tul-Qadr".

This special night is so important to Muslims. It's a chance to clear every single bad deed you've done upon this world, and your one chance (every year) to get every single one of your good deeds to be multiplied as if you'd done it for 1 Thousand Months or 83 Years!!

So, what do Muslims due during this night? Well, of course we don't just sleep through it! The best things to do through the night that we typically do, are long prayers through the night (called Taraweeh Prayers - which on usual days outside of Ramadan, are not obligatory). Also, we recite the Quran (in arabic or english - or any other native language if you cannot read arabic).

The best thing you can do is the long Taraweeh night prayers as they are a combination of the 3 best things. Dua (prayers asking God for help etc.), Praying (which is the actual act of being in prayer and the various unique bows/positions we take during it) and Recitation (the reading of the Quran in Arabic.

As a side-note, we can't actually be certain tonight is Layla'tul-Qadr, which is why you should also especially be at your best all through Ramadan. We can roughly guess the night it'll be on, and it helps to know that it will be in the last 10 days of Ramadan, but we will only find which night was actually Layla'tul-Qadr, after Ramadan (and of course the night of Layla'Tul Qadr is on a different night each year so we can't really use the previous year to guess beforehand)

Anyway, I wrote this in hope to inspire and also teach more about Islam to those who don't know much about it and are curious. I hope you can have hope knowing that this is a special night and you don't need to feel different if you are a non-muslim because in Islam even non-muslims duas/prayers are listened to and will also be answered by God if He wills. So this is a special night for anyone who is willing to take the opportunity.

(And To Fellow Muslims who happen to make make the unfortunate choice to NOT use this night wisely: I am sorry! And you should be to! Please don't lose out on this extremely special opportunity! Missing out on it is like missing out on an opportunity to be a billionaire (this is NOT an exaggeration and actually more-so an understatement!) And losing out on that alone is bad enough - but what about losing out on that AND a couple mansions build out of pure gold and jewels all for yourself to own, with anything you could imagine and desire (this is one of many many rewards we believe you will receive in Heaven). So, again, please use this opportunity and it will benefit you in this life and the next - I promise!)

I hope I got across message I meant to - and I know, my comments are always so long!- sorry! But I hope this benefits some of you and gives you a little insight into one of the most precious nights in the whole of Islam

And I'm sorry if this was written a bit hastily, I'm in a bit of a rush to start some long night prayers of my own with my family Wink Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy I probably might come back later to edit a bit further and make it more refined... but for now it is what it is Cheesy

Smiley Anyway, [late] Ramadan Mubarak and May God Bless You!
Thank you so much for sharing this! I love learning about Islam. This is very cool, perhaps I may participate as well for one night!

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   
Print
Jump to:  

Sorry, you must have JavaScript enabled to use the Flipline Forum.