Pages: [1]   
Print
Author Topic: CollegeBoard Lawsuit  (Read 484 times)
Tapu Koko
The Alchemist
Pizza Topper

It is finished when 7 becomes 1.

View Profile
« on: May 28, 2020, 12:34:49 PM »

For the Non-American's out there, CollegeBoard is an organization that is responsible among other things for administering AP Exams to high schoolers. While the AP Exams have been done the same way for many years, the COVID-19 pandemic forced CollegeBoard to not be able to do it. CollegeBoard created an online poll asking students if they still wanted to take an AP Exam, to which 91% of the students voted that they would. Flash forward to mid-May 2020 and the AP Exams were being taken by millions of students. Many students had posted online about how they had finished the test with 5 or 6 minutes left to go, but the exam would not load in time for the students to submit. Keep in mind the students paid money out of their own pockets and took a course much harder than the normal class just for this exam. It was later revealed that CollegeBoard's online testing program had went out virtually untested. As well, some students did not have a great place to take the exams, like having to take care of younger siblings or bad/no internet. The poll that CollegeBoard sent out was only voted on by people who could vote online. Had it been through something like mail or through the high schools themselves, the numbers would probably be much different than 91%. Due to this, students are now suing CollegeBoard $500,000,000 US, as this is not just any test. This is a test that they wasted all their hard work for for a year and could heavily impact them in the future, and CollegeBoard handled it poorly. As of now, CollegeBoard is attempting to blame the students for either "outdated browser" (Most of the students used Microsoft Edge, Safari, Mozilla Firefox, or Google Chrome, 4 browsers that are anything but outdated.) or because the students voted overwhelmingly for taking it (Not every student had the ability to vote in that poll). CollegeBoard is denying all claims.

Discuss.

"A spider preaching with poison on its lips.
'To get out of here is to promise me a kiss.'"
Rossome
Pro-Life
Restaurant Master

Rossome is ready for RCP 2020!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2020, 12:49:22 PM »

College Board: This online poll says 91% of students want to take the AP tests and exams online.
Millions of Students With Little to No Internet Access:  Am I a joke to you?

Links:
Check out my Fan Game, Papa’s Saladeria! http://www.flipline.com/forum/index.php?topic=65687.0
Please sign this petition to bring back Wendy’s Wheels!!!! http://www.flipline.com/forum/index.php?topic=66739.0
Please ask me anything! http://www.flipline.com/forum/index.php?topic=24254.
Rowlet -- 7/11/17
Audino -- 7/25/17
Combee -- 7/31/17
LePete -- Date Unknown
Nebby -- 8/21/17
Beaten Android -- 1/8/18
Supergirl and Superman -- Date Unknown
Tangerine -- 1/16/18
Waluigi -- 6/13/18
Cross -- 6/24/18
Yellow Onion  - 8/16/18
Pro-Life Avatar - 1/19/19
Nellie - 3/26/2020
David Wallace - 5/1/2020
Deano - 5/1/2020
Dark Deano - 5/6/2020
Gondola 500 Icon - 5/12/2020
Deano - 5/18/2020
Wendy from Wendy’s Wheels - 5/23/2020
Deano - 8/31/2020
Johnny - 9/24/20
Rossome (FC) - 10/9/20
My KCP 2020 Entries - 10/15/20
Papa’s Bakeria Icon - 11/30/20
RCP Rossome - 12/6/20
joshua
she/they
Franchise Owner

I Will Not Forget Your Face

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2020, 03:10:26 PM »

I do live in the US, but CollegeBoard is big poopy

Long Signature:
hi idk what to put
funne quotes:
Hungry For Deez Nuts
Calm down. Even this has standards. Papa Louie/Roy was originally going to be a pairing.
Remind me to stay away from you  Smiley
Dude Nintendo did not buy flipline
If it was than papa louie will be in smash bros
boom boom boom
i want you in my room
Spoiler:
"I eat yo mama for breakfast"

Iconic
AskJoe [Sep 09 04:52 PM]: cry cry cry depressed depressed depressed sad sad sad pensive pensive pensive
Somone voted Cecilia grrr angr react
Jacobarmada
Onion since 2014
Papa's Replacement

Joined since KCP 2014

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2020, 04:02:38 PM »

Well I didn't think it would be that big.

I still don't get the point of the signature.

My activity is slightly less now.
Pages: [1]   
Print
Jump to:  

Sorry, you must have JavaScript enabled to use the Flipline Forum.