Pages: [1]   
Print
Author Topic: Ember's Dragon Daughter (10+ for pyrokinesis: Chapter 5 out)  (Read 1204 times)
Overbord
Falling off all my ships
Forum Fanatic

Maui in KCP 2020

View Profile
« on: July 15, 2020, 07:04:25 PM »

SO Starting with the joke FC I invented in my troll fanfic Pope Papa's Pepperia, Sally, the fire-breathing daughter of Ember (because I can) is growing and changing, but one thing has stayed the same: SHE BREATHES FIRE AND DESTRUCTION WHEREVER SHE GOES!

pic of Sally, made in PLP:

Prologue/Chapter 1

Johnny was unsure whether he was the father of Sally or not, and he and Ember had many HEATED arguments about it. Eventually, they realized that the reason why their daughter breathes fire is because Ember ate way too many of Professor Fitz's genetically modified extra-hot giant peppers.

"I'm so sorry my products have caused you damage, and in return I will give you an unlimited supply of my non-hazardous FFDA (Flipline Food and Drug Association) approved fruits and veggies!" Professor Fitz told Ember. Ember reluctantly agreed, also having an endless supply of produce helped when SHE KEPT HAVING TO REPLACE STUFF THAT GOT BURNED BY SALLY! Nearly everything in her house was fireproof with the exception of the toilet paper and well, the actual food. Sally always has to be extra careful when using the toilet! But otherwise, it's all good!

OR IS IT? HOW WILL SALLY SURVIVE SCHOOL? TO BE CONTINUED...
« Last Edit: July 23, 2020, 07:29:17 PM by Overbord » Logged

Please vote for Maui, Annika and Adomi in Customerpalooza! http://www.flipline.com/kcp20/10gy15tz185

magicmusic [May 21 08:33 PM]:   When I grow up I wanna be just like pickleric
BEST SHOUTBOX QUOTES:
haha birds, so bland -Hermes 2020
Rize [Oct 12 10:33 AM]:   bloody armpits

FIRST SHOUTBOX CONVO EVER!
Matt: Testing the new Shoutbox!
Flipline_Tony: Testing.
Flipline_Tony: Looks like no one's here.
Matt:  Cry
FAVE FLIPLINE CUSTOMERS!:
Top 10 male: Taylor, Chuck, Drakson, Hank, Cameo, Alberto, Kaleb, Doan, Rudy, Deano
Top 10 female: Ninjoy/Joy, Indigo, Willow, Wendy, Liezel, Olivia, Scarlett, Kayla, Ember, Tohru
Fav KCP 2018 entries (besides Annika):
Azariah (Mystic), Morrigan (Lilith), Bonnie (JakeZ), Scott (Pine-Apple), Rose (RoseKitty), Kassem (despite the fact that he's half blue-green colorblind), Treble (breadlord), Bellamy (SND), Chelsea (Paramore), Skye (Shawna), Ranulph (CupcakePsyducks), Alice (Algodethacon), Hazel (Zuki-Chan), Zack (DeluxePizza), Soufflia (lajoie), Chelsea (Paramore), Dakota (speedo)
fav customerpalooza 2019 forumer entries:
Sean (YellowPenguin), Enigma (Ninja Monkey), Myrtle (MintGold), Keiko (apocalypseArisen/Lavender), Donny (VVAVES/~JustAqua~), Walter M (Holi Toledo/forgottenusername), Nadia (Haseul/hyewon)
Forumer entry Runners-up: Rias, Obed, Rocky, Q for Quality, Poisoncrene, Kief, Ibzy
Fave KCP forumer entries 2020:
Natalie by Jay, Aiguo by Silver Shades, Kimi by Quvas, Vera by Rocky, October by Phil, Abby by Diddy, Zulema by Obed, Ammon by Loth, Julie by Keinko, Kenton by James, Kenya by Towers, Faye by Fleur, Aastha by Cocoa/Faith, Rodrik by Doodle, Christina by animatronix, Thiago by Almei, Duncan by Robbie, Braxton by Skeleboi, Rosabell by JEBZ, Cora by Ecopania, Eva by Silvermoon , Myrtle by Salt, Destiny by Pizzaccino, Mira by Rize, Lucas by Troublemaker, Anthony by Shawna
MY FLIPLINE FAN SHIPS!:
Yippy x Iggy, Chuck x Mesa, (Nin)Joy x (Dyna)Moe, Bertha x Pinch Hitwell, Boomer x Deano, Clover x Robby, Brody x Cameo, Connor x Lisa, Nye x Rollie, Kasey O x Daniela, Kaleb x Scooter, Gremmie x Sasha, Shannon x Duke Gotcha, Kayla x Georgito, Indigo x Hacky Zak, Hank x Wendy, Ember x Johnny, Peggy x Kenji, Liezel x LePete (temporary), Sarge Fan x Radlynn, Steven x Yui, Quinn x Jojo, Roy x Koilee, Xolo x Sprinks, Drakson x Willow, Taylor x Soundbord
My FC topic/info:
Possible entries for potential future KCP: Maui, Adomi, Annika
FC topic: http://www.flipline.com/forum/index.php?topic=20830.0
Overbord
Falling off all my ships
Forum Fanatic

Maui in KCP 2020

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2020, 07:04:02 AM »

CHAPTER 2: SALLY'S SCHOOL SHENANIGANS

On the first day of kindergarten, Ember gave her daughter Sally a LOOOOOOONG list of what to do and especially what not to do. It included important items like DO walk slowly and carefully, DO everything the adults ask you to, and DO NOT breathe fire at people or in the school building!

Sally tried her hardest, but sometimes she would feel a sneeze coming on. For emergencies like this, she had a special fireproof hankerchief. The flames would be snuffed by special chemicals on the thick, strong cloth. However, Sally's teacher, Mesa , was not impressed when Sally accidentally sneezed on her desk and set it on fire. "That girl needs to wear a protective face mask!" She went to the principal who went to the head of the school board who went to the mayor who went to Soundbord.

"What, I'm just a creator, how was I supposed to know a fire-breathing girl would wreak so much havok?" Soundbord asked the mayor of Starlight City. "But if it will save Starlight Elementary from burning down, very well, ask Sally to wear a haz-mask at school or whatever it's called."

Sally was not amused. Ember gave her the very same mask that she wore when she went in burning buildings, but engineered in reverse. Sally tried to take the mask off, but it was also strapped to her head and locked. SALLY FELT LIKE A PRISONER! "I don't wanna go to school!" Sally cried. So Ember made an even better suggestion. "How about we enroll you in a program that allows you to go to school online? We will still have to do all the activities and homework here in our apartment, but you won't have to wear a mask!" This time Sally was much happier.

"The only thing I'm concerned about," Ember confessed to her hubby Johnny, "is that I'm not sure how Sally will make friends being socially distant like this."
"We could invite kids over and give them fire-protecting suits," suggested Johnny.
"Maybe, that would still be a little awkward," said Ember.
But it was all she had, so EMBER ASKED INDIGO TO MAKE CHILD-SIZED FIRE SUITS!!

WILL SALLY MAKE FRIENDS, OR WILL EVERYONE TREAT HER LIKE SHE HAS THE 'RONA? TO BE CONTINUED
« Last Edit: July 23, 2020, 07:29:30 PM by Overbord » Logged

Please vote for Maui, Annika and Adomi in Customerpalooza! http://www.flipline.com/kcp20/10gy15tz185

BEST SHOUTBOX QUOTES:

Top 10 male: Taylor, Chuck, Drakson, Hank, Cameo, Alberto, Kaleb, Doan, Rudy, Deano
Top 10 female: Ninjoy/Joy, Indigo, Willow, Wendy, Liezel, Olivia, Scarlett, Kayla, Ember, Tohru
Azariah (Mystic), Morrigan (Lilith), Bonnie (JakeZ), Scott (Pine-Apple), Rose (RoseKitty), Kassem (despite the fact that he's half blue-green colorblind), Treble (breadlord), Bellamy (SND), Chelsea (Paramore), Skye (Shawna), Ranulph (CupcakePsyducks), Alice (Algodethacon), Hazel (Zuki-Chan), Zack (DeluxePizza), Soufflia (lajoie), Chelsea (Paramore), Dakota (speedo)
Sean (YellowPenguin), Enigma (Ninja Monkey), Myrtle (MintGold), Keiko (apocalypseArisen/Lavender), Donny (VVAVES/~JustAqua~), Walter M (Holi Toledo/forgottenusername), Nadia (Haseul/hyewon)
Forumer entry Runners-up: Rias, Obed, Rocky, Q for Quality, Poisoncrene, Kief, Ibzy
Natalie by Jay, Aiguo by Silver Shades, Kimi by Quvas, Vera by Rocky, October by Phil, Abby by Diddy, Zulema by Obed, Ammon by Loth, Julie by Keinko, Kenton by James, Kenya by Towers, Faye by Fleur, Aastha by Cocoa/Faith, Rodrik by Doodle, Christina by animatronix, Thiago by Almei, Duncan by Robbie, Braxton by Skeleboi, Rosabell by JEBZ, Cora by Ecopania, Eva by Silvermoon , Myrtle by Salt, Destiny by Pizzaccino, Mira by Rize, Lucas by Troublemaker, Anthony by Shawna
MY FLIPLINE FAN SHIPS!:
Yippy x Iggy, Chuck x Mesa, (Nin)Joy x (Dyna)Moe, Bertha x Pinch Hitwell, Boomer x Deano, Clover x Robby, Brody x Cameo, Connor x Lisa, Nye x Rollie, Kasey O x Daniela, Kaleb x Scooter, Gremmie x Sasha, Shannon x Duke Gotcha, Kayla x Georgito, Indigo x Hacky Zak, Hank x Wendy, Ember x Johnny, Peggy x Kenji, Liezel x LePete (temporary), Sarge Fan x Radlynn, Steven x Yui, Quinn x Jojo, Roy x Koilee, Xolo x Sprinks, Drakson x Willow, Taylor x Soundbord
My FC topic/info:
Overbord
Falling off all my ships
Forum Fanatic

Maui in KCP 2020

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2020, 07:06:51 PM »

CHAPTER 3: FRIENDS VS. FIRE

Note: This story takes place about 10 years in the future.

To start off, Ember called a few of her friends who also had young children; Hank and Wendy, Penny and Alberto, Mindy and Whiff, and Connor and Lisa. She asked each of them to bring their kid(s) with them on a different day so Sally wouldn't be too overwhelmed by sudden lack of social distancing. She explained the fire suits and the respective parents totally understood. As for the kids... well, all of them reacted differently.

Hank and Wendy brought their twin sons, Leonardo (Leo) and Franklin (Frank). Both boys thought the idea of a fire-breathing girl was awesome and hilarious, although they hated wearing the suits. Unfortunately, they kept asking Sally to breathe fire and she got so irritated she sneezed at them and they got scared. Thankfully, they were still wearing the suits.

Penny and Alberto brought their easygoing, friendly daughter Shelly along. Shelly was totally fine with the suit, and brought some of her favorite toys to share with Sally. Unfortunately, Sally accidentally burned one of Shelly's favorite stuffed animals, and Shelly came crying to her parents. Sally felt really bad and offered to give Sally one of her own fireproof toy animals, but Shelly is five years old and nothing could replace her special stuffed lizard.

Whiff and Mindy brought their older son Bolt who brought his (kiddie) scooter along, and Sally was happy because the metal scooter was totally fireproof. However, she managed to crash and got upset and spent the rest of the time sulking in a corner while Bolt happily rode his scooter without her.

Connor and Lisa brought their daughter Fran along, and Fran really wanted to make cookies. She especially wanted to see if Sally could bake cookies just using her fire breath which was a terrible idea. The cookies burned to a crisp, setting off the smoke alarms. Ember, Johnny and Sally were used to the sound of course, but Fran was upset by loud noises and had to leave.

"I'm so sorry none of these play-dates worked out," Ember hugged her daughter.
"Yeah, I'm sure you'll make friends eventually," said Johnny. "How about we go out for ice cream?" Sally loved ice cream because it cooled her down and helped prevent her fire-breathing. "Okay!" She exclaimed. So they all went to the Freezeria where Ember and Johnny talked to Penny and Alberto and apologized again about the stuffed lizard ("Don't worry," said Penny, "We bought her a new one and she feels better now.") Sally ate her favorite strawberry-vanilla soft serve with cherries on top.

WHAT WILL SALLY DO NEXT? WILL SHE BECOME A COMPLETE SOCIOPATH? FIND OUT NEXT TIME!

BEST SHOUTBOX QUOTES:

MY FLIPLINE FAN SHIPS!:
My FC topic/info:
Overbord
Falling off all my ships
Forum Fanatic

Maui in KCP 2020

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2020, 06:07:22 PM »

CHAPTER 4: IN WHICH SOME OF THOSE KIDS MIGHT ACTUALLY BECOME SALLY'S FRIENDS AFTER ALL. YAY!

Hank totally told his sons "y u so mean to Sally? What if you breathed fire?" Leo said "I wish I could breathe fire, it would be epic!" Frank said "Frankly, I don't give a darn," because he's seven and does not use swear words. Wendy absolutely couldn't stop laughing and was literally rolling on the floor. Finally, everyone managed to get their act together, and they decided it wouldn't be a bad idea to visit Sally again. Yay!

Meanwhile, Lisa and Connor's daughter Fran was so hyper she was running around the house in circles. It wasn't a particularly big house, mind you, but still. "What the heck has she got her hands on now?" Connor asked.
"Maybe she dipped into the sweet iced tea in the refrigerator," said Lisa. "It's my favorite and it doesn't have a strong affect on me, but all that sugar and even a little caffeine in an eight-year-old is probably not a good idea."
But actually, Fran had accidentally put coffee grounds into her cookies! Then she ate a bunch! She thought they tasted a little weird, but she ate them anyway. As soon as Connor tried one, he realized what happened. "Fran, did you put coffee instead of cocoa into your cookies?"
Fran frowned. "Coffee? Oh, the stuff you put in that old container with no label? Darn it! HEEHEE I HAD COFFEE!" She took off like a bullet and ran around the house a few more times.
"Wow, she's faster than me, I'm so proud," said Lisa. "Well, maybe not proud of her early caffeine consumption, but she'll be a great athlete, just like her parents!"
"Speaking of parents, I was talking to Sally's parents the other day," said Connor. "It seems they would love to see Fran again, but perhaps skip the baking."

Bolt was also shaping up to be a little athlete, although he was more into wrestling. "Wow, he's strong just like me! I'm SO PROUD!" Whiff exclaimed.
"Hush please, I finally got Luke to take a nap," said Mindy. "He's at that rebellious age, you know."
"Sorry," said Whiff.
Of course, four-year-old Luke woke up when he heard his name and he ran out. "I WANNA SEE THE FIRE BREATHING GIRL!!" He exclaimed.
"I don't know, it could be dangerous," said Mindy.
"Are you old enough to handle a fireproof suit?" asked Whiff.
Luke grinned. "I WILL WEAR ALL THE FIREPROOF SUITS!"
Bolt just rolled his eyes. "You can't possibly do that, then everyone else will get burned."

SO MAYBE SALLY IS GONNA HAVE FRIENDS AFTER ALL. YAAAAAAY!

In fact, Sally's seventh birthday was coming up, and all the kids mentioned in the previous chapter were invited! Even five-year-old Shelly decided to come, although this time she would only bring her favorite fireproof toys so they wouldn't get burned.

WILL SALLY'S BIRTHDAY BASH BE A SUCCESS, OR WILL EVERYTHING JUST GET BASHED? STAY TUNED TO FIND OUT!

BEST SHOUTBOX QUOTES:

MY FLIPLINE FAN SHIPS!:
My FC topic/info:
Overbord
Falling off all my ships
Forum Fanatic

Maui in KCP 2020

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2020, 07:27:38 PM »

CHAPTER 5: SALT, PEPPER, FIRE!

Why yes, I would like a little fire in my food. Wish granted, Sally has just sneezed and turned your steak into a flambE!!!!! Also Overbord is too lazy to add le accent.

"Sally, please promise to never work in a restaurant," said Papa Louie when he met her for the first time. "However, you are free to order from my restaurants, I'll give you a really good discount when you order to go!" Ember was really happy that Sally was spared from one dreaded fate: WORKING IN A PAPA LOUIE RESTAURANT!

Meanwhile, preparations for Sally's birthday party were underway. Everything except the food had to be completely fireproof! Even the balloons were made of lead! JK, they were made of special fireproof airtight fabric and filled with nonflammable helium (granted, most balloons are filled with helium.) The gifts were also wrapped in fireproof materials like those fireproof thick plastic safe boxes that you put special documents and things in. The gifts themselves also had to be fireproof, which made it a bit tricky for the kids (and parents) to find suitable gifts!

Shelly wanted to give Sally a shell necklace, but she had to use fireproof string. "Shells are a great idea though, they're not flammable," said Penny. "Great idea!"
Leo and Frank wanted to give Sally a toy dragon; thankfully, finding a fireproof one wasn't that hard. Also, they couldn't decide on one (Leo wanted a spiky black one while Frank wanted to get an extra scaly green and blue one) so they got both.
Bolt though it would be great to get Sally a scooter, but Whiff and Mindy asked him to try and get something a bit less expensive so he didn't make the other kids feel bad if their gifts were smaller (also they weren't exactly super rich lol.) So instead he found a female action figure who came with her own motorcycle and looked suspiciously similar to Akari, but with bright orange hair.
Fran wanted to bake brownies for Sally and refused to find something non-flammable, so her parents put a warning label on the gift: "Open with care, gift is edible and not fireproof!"

So naturally, Sally's favorite gift was the flammable brownies. She ate half of them right there and Ember warned her that she wouldn't have room for cake. Sally still managed to eat four slices of cake because she BURNS calories really quickly (literally!!!) Obviously she got really hyper, and wouldn't stop running around. The adults wanted the kids to play party games, but they all had other ideas. Bolt wanted to climb all the trees. Fran ran around in circles with Sally and they raced each other until they should have been completely out of breath, but weren't. Shelly was crying because she was the only other girl and she was left behind, so in an attempt to cheer her up Leo and Frank mashed cake on each other's faces and made goofy expressions, but that just made her cry more.

At the end of the day though, Ember and Johnny were just really happy that Sally had a great time at her birthday party, and seemed to have one friend anyway: Fran.
"Our daughters could totally join the track team together!" Lisa exclaimed.
"Maybe, but I'm still worried about Sally," said Ember. Sure enough, Sally had managed to set fire to the tree Bolt was currently climbing and Ember had to rush over with an extinguisher. Thankfully, Bolt, like all the other kids, was wearing a fireproof suit and was scared but otherwise unharmed. Sadly, he decided it would be way more fun to stay away from Sally, so Whiff and Mindy brought him home.

Hank and Wendy also brought their sons home after Leo accidentally slipped on some stray fire extinguisher foam and got painful bruises on his knees. Frank just pointed and laughed like the mature boy he was. "It could've been worse," said Wendy.
"It's a hazard though," said Hank. "Understandable though, you had to save Bolt."
"Sorry," said Ember.

Later, Sally managed to set the rest of the cake on fire, which made Shelly cry yet again, so Penny and Alberto took her home."Sorry! Thanks for the necklace," said Sally. She wore the necklace for a few minutes before taking it off and hanging it on a coat hook and leaving it there for the next few years. "At least it makes a nice decoration," said Johnny.

TO BE CONTINUED!

BEST SHOUTBOX QUOTES:

MY FLIPLINE FAN SHIPS!:
My FC topic/info:
Pages: [1]   
Print
Jump to:  

Sorry, you must have JavaScript enabled to use the Flipline Forum.