Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 44   
Print
Author Topic: Jokes & Riddles  (Read 102502 times)
AskJoe
Global Moderator
Papa's Replacement

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 05, 2013, 10:37:56 PM »

New riddle: There are three boxes with two compartments each. One box has a silver bar in both compartments, another one has a gold bar in both compartments,  and the last one has a silver bar in one compartment and a gold bar in the other compartment. If you open up one compartment to reveal a gold bar than what is the probabilty of there being a gold bar in the other compartment?
Hint: this riddle is a famous mathematical paradox so the answer is not what you would expect it to be.
gimmicks
professional crier
Restaurant Pro

lik if u cri everytiem

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 05, 2013, 10:40:34 PM »

my answer:
You are right.

YAY Cheesy

New riddle: There are three boxes with two compartments each. One box has a silver bar in both compartments, another one has a gold bar in both compartments,  and the last one has a silver bar in one compartment and a gold bar in the other compartment. If you open up one compartment to reveal a gold bar than what is the probabilty of there being a gold bar in the other compartment?
Hint: this riddle is a famous mathematical paradox so the answer is not what you would expect it to be.

66%. That's either Monty Hall or Bertrand's Box, not sure which.

boutta graduate from college

trying to be more frequent with getting on

i use they/them
ElectricAngel
Sushi Cutting Queen
Better Than Papa!

Addicted to The Crown on Netflix

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 05, 2013, 10:42:48 PM »

Oh gawd I have heard of the Monty hall thingy. If it was a game show scenario then I would know it was the Monty Hall thingy. I'd say 33%

Read chapter 6 of my fanfic here: http://www.flipline.com/forum/index.php?topic=6233.msg1688995#new

News!:
(Last update: 12/25/16)]12/25: Merry Christmas everybody! I'm learning how to use FireAlpaca... It's weird
Contributions to the Forum:
-started the Expectations topics (original idea)
-Self proclaimed artist
-Made the Shipping and Town of Salem topic just to name the popular ones
gimmicks
professional crier
Restaurant Pro

lik if u cri everytiem

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 05, 2013, 10:43:10 PM »

Monty Hall is my favorite riddle.

i use they/them
AskJoe
Global Moderator
Papa's Replacement

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 05, 2013, 10:48:20 PM »

The answer is actually 2/3 which is 66.66...%, but I will accept 66%. The paradox is Bertrand's Box. Here is the Monty Hall paradox.
You're a contest on a gameshow with three doors. Two doors have a goat behind them and one has a car behind it. You point to one door and than the host opens another door to reveal a goat. To maximize your chances of winning the car should you switch doors or stick with the door you already selected?
ElectricAngel
Sushi Cutting Queen
Better Than Papa!

Addicted to The Crown on Netflix

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 05, 2013, 10:49:17 PM »

Switch it! (I always yell this during game shows involving this)

Read chapter 6 of my fanfic here: http://www.flipline.com/forum/index.php?topic=6233.msg1688995#new

News!:
(Last update: 12/25/16)]12/25: Merry Christmas everybody! I'm learning how to use FireAlpaca... It's weird
Contributions to the Forum:
-started the Expectations topics (original idea)
-Self proclaimed artist
-Made the Shipping and Town of Salem topic just to name the popular ones
gimmicks
professional crier
Restaurant Pro

lik if u cri everytiem

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 05, 2013, 10:51:41 PM »

Stick with your door.

i use they/them
AskJoe
Global Moderator
Papa's Replacement

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 05, 2013, 10:56:48 PM »

Switch, The answer is more obvious when you add several more doors. Imagine the same problem except with 50 doors. You select one door and the host reveals goats behind 48 other doors. Now would you expect you picked the car the first time or one of the goats?
papa_fan
Tomato Toppler

my avatar is my own drawing.

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 06, 2013, 12:55:10 AM »

math can turn into a good quiz..

i'm a girl.and i may be a weirdo.accept that fact.
Nickito
/r/flipline Moderator
Food Critic

Check out /r/flipline!

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 06, 2013, 05:06:20 AM »

my answer:
You are right.

but the ambulance would need to rescue people who are burned or something

AskJoe [Oct 06 12:17 AM]:   Okay, so maybe I was wrong all along and God actually does exist.

papa_fan
Tomato Toppler

my avatar is my own drawing.

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 06, 2013, 05:49:03 AM »

maybe the candle light it by itself

i'm a girl.and i may be a weirdo.accept that fact.
gimmicks
professional crier
Restaurant Pro

lik if u cri everytiem

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 06, 2013, 10:36:35 AM »

Hmm...

DISCLAIMER: This joke is not meant to offend any Polacks.

An American, a Spaniard, and a Polack were  captured by a local native tribe while hunting. The chief ties them up, and says they can have one item to try to escape. But if they are caught, they will be skinned and turned into a canoe. The American asks for a gun, so the chief gives it to him and unties him. The American runs away, shooting all the natives he sees, until he runs out of ammo. He is captured and turned into a canoe. The Spaniard asks for a horse. The chief gives him a horse and unties him. He rides until the natives surround him, and turn him into a canoe. The Polack asks for a fork. The chief says, "Why do you want a fork?" The Polack replies, "You said I could have anything, so I want a fork." So the chief gives him a fork and unties him. He starts stabbing himself repeatedly with the fork, yelling "LET'S SEE YOU MAKE A CANOE OUT OF ME NOW!"

i use they/them
XxSteerAnimeLoverxX
« Reply #42 on: October 06, 2013, 10:43:30 AM »

Here's a riddle: There was someone named Stephen __________. He _______ a ____ called _______ ___________. Unfortunately Stephen _____ himself and got ________ by someone called ____ Tibbitt. Now the ____ is ruined.
SpongeBob29
Not a troll
Restaurant Pro

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 06, 2013, 11:26:42 AM »

Here's a riddle: There was someone named Stephen __________. He _______ a ____ called _______ ___________. Unfortunately Stephen _____ himself and got ________ by someone called ____ Tibbitt. Now the ____ is ruined.

I know the complete riddle on your post:

There was someone named Stephen Hillenburg. He has a show called SpongeBob SquarePants. Unfortunately Stephen left himself and got replaced by someone called Paul Tibbitt. Now the show is ruined.

Spoiler:
Papa Louie Ranks (Challenge Dates: May 7th, 2019 - August 17th, 2019)
Papa's Pizzeria - Rank 48 Day 127 - 36/36 Gold
Papa's Burgeria - Rank 48 Day 108 - 44/44 Gold
Papa's Taco Mia - Rank 50 Day 143 - 54/54 Gold - 60/60 Badges
Papa's Freezeria - Rank 52 Day 154 - 54/54 Gold - 80/80 Badges
Papa's Pancakeria - Rank 46 Day 143 - 55/55 Gold - 80/80 Badges
Papa's Wingeria - Rank 73 Day 171 - 70/70 Gold - 80/80 Badges
Papa's Hot Doggeria - Rank 105 Day 147 - 76/76 Gold - 100/100 Badges
Papa's Cupcakeria - Rank 150 Day 222 - 81/81 Gold - 90/90 Badges
Papa's Pastaria - Rank 156 Day 234 - 85/85 Gold - 100/100 Badges
Papa's Donuteria - Rank 198 Day 243 - 90/90 Gold - 110/100 Badges
Papa's Cheeseria - Rank 192 Day 239 - 96/96 Gold - 140/140 Badges
Papa's Bakeria - Rank 175 Day 237 - 101/101 Gold - 90/90 Stickers
Papa's Sushiria - Rank 177 Day 242 - 106/106 Gold - 90/90 Stickers
Papa's Scooperia - Rank 220 Day 310 - 116/116 Gold - 90/90 Stickers

Other Flipline Games (Challenge Dates: August 17th, 2019 - present)
Papa Louie: When Pizzas Attack! - 100% Completed - Sarge Defeated - 36/36 Red Coins
Papa Louie 2: When Burgers Attack! - 100% Completed - 28/28 Characters - 48/48 Badges - 50/50 Warp Coins
Papa Louie 3: When Sundaes Attack! - 100% Completed - 28/28 Characters - 48/48 Badges - 50/50 Warp Coins
Cactus McCoy and The Curse of Thorns - 100% Completed - 60/60 Area Challenges - 60/60 Treasures - 80/80 Badges
Cactus McCoy 2: The Ruins of Calavera - 100% Completed - 60/60 Area Challenges - 60/60 Treasures - 60/60 Badges
Steak and Jake - Trailhead 7 - 1/30 Challenges - 0/30 Milk Races
Steak and Jake: Midnight March - Trailhead 12 - 100% Completed
Rock Garden Deluxe - Level 22 - 4/101 Stones Collected - 0/9 Gardens Created
Jacksmith - Level 34 Day 56 - Dudley Defeated - 63% Bestiaries Completed - 65/80 Badges - 27/84 Epic Weapon Designs
Nickito
/r/flipline Moderator
Food Critic

Check out /r/flipline!

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 06, 2013, 11:28:33 AM »

I like this joke:
An Englishman, a Scotsman, an Irishman, a Welshman, a Latvian, a Turk, a German, an Indian, several Americans (including a southerner [but certainly not a redneck!], a New Englander, and a Californian), an Argentinian, a Dane, an Australian, a Slovakian, an Egyptian, a Japanese, a Moroccan, a Frenchman, a New Zealander, a Spaniard, a Russian, a Guatemalan, a Colombian, a Pakistani, a Malaysian, a Croatian, a Uzbek, a Cypriot, a Pole, a Lithuanian, a Chinese, a Sri Lankan, a Lebanese, a Cayman Islander, a Ugandan, a Vietnamese, a Korean, a Uraguayan, a Czech, an Icelander, a Mexican, a Finn, a Honduran, a Panamanian, an Andorran, an Israeli, a Venezuelan, a Fijian, a Peruvian, an Estonian, a Brazilian, a Portuguese, a Liechtensteiner, a Mongolian, a Hungarian, a Canadian, a Moldovan, a Haitian, a Norfolk Islander, a Macedonian, a Bolivian, a Cook Islander, a Tajikistani, a Samoan, an Armenian, a Aruban, an Albanian, a Greenlander, a Micronesian, a Virgin Islander, a Georgian, a Bahamanian, a Belarusian, a Cuban, a Tongan, a Cambodian, a Qatari, an Azerbaijani, a Romanian, a Chilean, a Kyrgyzstani, a Jamaican, a Filipino, a Ukrainian, a Dutchman, a Taiwanese, an Ecuadorian, a Costa Rican, a Swede, a Bulgarian, a Serb, a Swiss, a Greek, a Belgian, a Singaporean, an Italian, a Norwegian and 47-53 Africans walk into a fine restaurant. "I'm sorry," said the snooty maître d', "but you can't come in here without a Thai."

AskJoe [Oct 06 12:17 AM]:   Okay, so maybe I was wrong all along and God actually does exist.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 44   
Print
Jump to:  

Sorry, you must have JavaScript enabled to use the Flipline Forum.