Pages: [1] 2 3   
Print
Author Topic: Neo-Flipline: An MMORPG (13+): Chapter 6 out now!  (Read 1998 times)
Feng
Goth Girl
Papa's Replacement

Mel-ificient!

View Profile
« on: August 31, 2020, 05:09:13 PM »

PROLOGUES: Remember to read these first before moving onto Chapter 0!

Prologue - TAYLOR:
Chuck: Bro, you're still on that Neo-Flipline thing? C'mon, we still need to do that Zombie Busters speedrun!
Taylor: Yeah.. give me a few more hours, Chuck... almost there...
Taylor said groggily.

Taylor is an avid gamer when he isn't working at the Hot Doggeria. He enjoys buying new games for him and Chuck to play. However, when the MMORPG Neo-Flipline hit markets, he was the second in line and bought two copies for him and Chuck. However, these types of games weren't Chuck's style, so while Chuck threw in the towel, Taylor continued playing. He had one dream of receiving the title of 'Glorious Champion,' an achievement to the champion of the Neo-Flipverse: achieved by defeating the three gods: Luau LePunch, Sarge and Radley Madish. After quickly taking the class of barbarian, he fought his way to the top with brute strength, defeating Luau LePunch and Sarge with ease. However, as he approached the last obstacle in his way of Radley Madish, The Forest of Shattered Dreams, a masked enemy caught him and his team he formed lacking. Without the proper edge he used to have earlier in the game because of the lack of sleep, he was promptly ambushed and massacred, forcing him to restart from the very beginning. Did I forget to mention that if your whole team dies, you must restart from the beginning? I mentioned it right now.

Back to Taylor. After a crushing defeat, he slams his desk in frustration, angry at such a loss. He passed by Chuck, who was simply worried for his health.
Chuck: You good, bro?
Taylor: Stupid game.. stupid ambush.. stupid everything..
Chuck: Man, get some sleep. That game wore you out or something.

Taylor took Chuck's advice and fell onto his messy bed, resting his weary eyes.

Prologue - TOHRU:
Tohru: Well, guys... I guess that's it... thank you guys so much for showing up to this five-day live stream.. I'll catch you all later!
A smile is the last image Tohru's viewers saw before she went offline.

Like our male protagonist, Tohru is a huge fan of games. She usually reads up on the newest games and the game Neo-Flipline caught her eyes. The perky Tohru was the first in line to buy the game, which made our Taylor mad, and she quickly set up her equipment. With her cat headset on her head, her camera broadcasting her every move, she quickly livestreamed for days on end, attempting to receive the title of 'Glorious Champion.' Like Taylor, she used her class to her abilities to destroy Luau LePunch and Sarge. However, unlike Taylor, Tohru chose the quick class of ninja, speed unstoppable towards enemies. However, she set up camp with her party in front of the Forest of Shattered Dreams, and during the cold night, she heard fire erupt. She woke her character up and rushed out, seeing her members becoming vanquished by a masked wizard, their tents on fire. Tohru attempted to swipe at the wizard, but to no avail. Tohru was defeated in the middle of her campsite, her dreams crushed.

Tohru's smile grew into a frown as she watched her character collapsed. She yawned and attempted to look on the bright side.
Tohru: At least I get to sleep! Haha...

Tohru hid her irritation, realizing she let all of her subscribers down.

Tohru: Well, thank you all for the donations and the support! I'll attempt a run of this again some other time, I'm going to have to go to bed!

Tohru smiled and turned off the stream. She stomped to her pink bed and screamed into her pillow.

Tohru: Dang it! How could I not catch that wizard?! It gets me so angry!
Tohru sighed.
Tohru: At least I get to destress with a nice.. sleep.. hehe...

Tohru smiled and let out a small giggle before falling asleep.

Chapter 0: Game Over?

Our two protagonists wake up in a cell. The cell bars were a rustic iron, and the only affinities in the cell are their beds, a dimly lit lantern that seems to be worn out and a hole in a rock, presumably the toilet. It did not seem like the Flipverse. The first one to wake up was Tohru, who looked around the cell they were in. She looked over at Taylor, who seemed to be knocked out. She walked over, stretching her limbs and nudged Taylor's shoulder.

Tohru: Uhmm.. hello?
Taylor: Grhh... five more minutes, Chuck... get out..
Tohru: I'm not Chuck.

Taylor's sleepy eyes seemed to spread open as he looked around sporadically, and then at the gamer girl.

Taylor: You're right! You're Tohru.. that girl who records Let's Plays! I enjoyed your cover of Heavy Drought!

Tohru smiled, happy that it's just another fan. After getting a look at his weary face, she gasped.

Tohru: Wait. Taylor! The one who has the high score for all those Zombie Buster games!
Taylor: Yup! All ten of them!

The two of them gave a hug that seemed so sudden and out of character. They quickly stepped back and laughed it off nervously.

Taylor: This whole place seems familiar.
Tohru: The tutorial level of Neo-Flipverse! We wake up in a cave and are forced to use our wits to get out and head to the city of Coalwood!
Taylor: Except they were in.. y'know.. a prison. We're in a cave.
Tohru: Watch this!

Tohru giggles and tears into her pillow, holding a brass key. It seemed to be broken.

Taylor: Oh, wow... that's how you did it? I did it like this..

He stuck his tongue out to the side and stuck his hand into the questionable hole, pulling out a lockpick.

Tohru: Your first idea while in a cell is to stick your hand in a toilet?
Taylor: Shut up.
Tohru: Well, since my key seems to be broken, how about you pick at the door!
Taylor: If you insist...

He remarked while leaning against the bars, picking at the lock. After a few grunts and sighs, he opens the door.

Tohru: Nice job, Taylor!
Taylor: Thank you, Tohru.

As they both walk out together, they spot a table, lit with the same dim lanterns in their cell.

Taylor: ...and this is where we choose our class. We place our hand on one of these books.
Tohru: Cool! Are you going to go with the same role as in the game?
Taylor: Of course.
Tohru: Me, too!

Taylor places his hand on a leather book with the pages weary and the cover stained in blood. Tohru places her hand on a neatly polished obsidian scroll, the ends of the scroll encased in silver. The two are suddenly wisped away for a split second, and when they come back to their senses, Tohru had a mask over her mouth as well as a ninja outfit. Taylor was wearing shorts and combat boots, as well as a spiked steel shoulder guard around his shoulder.

Tohru: You look great!
Taylor: Thank you. You too. Now, usually, we are in Coalwood right now.
Tohru: You're right. I wonder where we are...

A coated figure approached them, laughing.

???: Follow me, you two. You two are currently in the Black Market.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2020, 07:15:41 AM by Skylar » Logged

⛧ Favorite Customers:
Spoiler:
♡ Willow, Tohru, Koilee, Perri, Scarlett
⛧ Fan Fics:
⛧ Profile Pictures:
Spoiler:
10/20: Halloween Mel
⛧ FCs:
Feng
Goth Girl
Papa's Replacement

Mel-ificient!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2020, 05:09:36 PM »

Classes

Barbarian: A brute warrior who does not let anyone stand in the way. Equipped with a sword, but could be upgraded depending on the barbarians' journey.
Strong against: Archer, Mage
Weak against: Ninja, Scout

Ninja: A quick shinobi who deals with speed. Able to take enemies down with one quick swift. Equipped with sais, but sais could be modified at any time.
Strong against: Barbarian, Archer
Weak against: Scout, Mage

Archer: A ranger with quick precision and aim. Able to stun or even pin enemies to the ground. Equipped with a crossbow, but could be replaced with a long bow.
Strong against: Barbarian, Mage
Weak against: Mage, Ninja

Mage: A wizard of dark arts. Able to place effects on their enemies and heal their team. While the weakest class, still able to pack a punch with the few attacks they have. Able to enchant their team's weapons.
Strong against: Archer, Ninja, Scout
Weak against: Barbarian

Scout: A thimble and quick member of their feet. Similar to the ninja, except with weaker attacks. Able to gather intel of the enemy team before a battle starts. A scout is also the primary support, equipped with spare weapons, intelligence and able to revive a team member if injured.
Strong against: Mage, Barbarian
Weak against: Ninja, Archer

PARTIES:

TAYLOR & TOHRU'S PARTY (5/5):
TAYLOR: A gamer. Determined to be the best. Acts before he thinks.
Class: Barbarian
Attack: 10
Defense: 8
Agility: 2
Luck: 4
Special Ability: ???
Items: N/A

TOHRU: A streamer. An optimistic girl, guilty pleasure for cherry tea.
Class: Ninja
Attack: 7
Defense: 5
Agility: 10
Luck: 8

WILLOW: A goth girl. Soft-spoken and dependable.
Class: Mage
Attack: 4
Defense: 7
Agility: 6
Luck: 10
Special Ability: Sarcophagus: Able to wrap the enemy in a desert tomb for a short amount of time.

CHUCK: Taylor's bro. Doesn't really care about names.
Class: Archer
Attack: 6
Defense: 5
Agility: 9
Luck: 6

SKYLER: Esteemed blacksmith. Willing to help anyone out.
Class: Scout
Attack: 4
Defense: 9

RADLYNN'S CHAMPION PARTY (5/5):
RADLYNN: The champion of the Neo-Flipverse. Humble and helpful.
Defense: 10

NINJOY: Top shinobi. Quickest of the Neo-Flipverse.

YUI: An amazing archer. Strategic and outspoken.

DRAKSON: Necromancer of the dark arts. Strikes fear into the average man's hearts.
Special Ability: Noir Eclipse: Unknown.

SCOOTER: Champion scout. Running into the heart of danger often.

EMBER'S PARTY (5/5):
EMBER: Powerful mage. Delves into the art of fire.
Attack: 8
Defense: 7
Agility: 8
Special Ability: Volcanic Eruption: Able to smolder the enemies' floor with lava.

CAMEO: Part time shinobi. Laid back and powerful with Ember.
Defense: 8
Luck: 7

SARGE FAN: Military barbarian. Takes his outfit very seriously.
Attack: 9
Defense: 3
Agility: 2

SIENNA: Nicknamed Autumn's Archer. Is straightforward with everything.
Defense: 6
Luck: 9

PERRI: Lovely young woman. Takes care of Austin.
Attack: 8
Defense: 9
Special Ability: Flower Fever: Able to build a replica of herself with pollen.

SCARLETT'S PARTY (TBA):
« Last Edit: September 13, 2020, 07:53:53 AM by Skylar » Logged

⛧ Favorite Customers:
Spoiler:
⛧ Fan Fics:
⛧ Profile Pictures:
Spoiler:
⛧ FCs:
~DoodleNoodle~
Is a pot of noodles UwU
Restaurant Star

It’s disgusting!- Dr. Nick

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2020, 05:48:47 PM »

I’m already intrigued in the plot. Great job!
(I don’t usually read fan fictions, but I like this one!)

Feng
Goth Girl
Papa's Replacement

Mel-ificient!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2020, 07:19:05 PM »

I’m already intrigued in the plot. Great job!
(I don’t usually read fan fictions, but I like this one!)

Thank you!

⛧ Favorite Customers:
Spoiler:
⛧ Fan Fics:
⛧ Profile Pictures:
Spoiler:
⛧ FCs:
Feng
Goth Girl
Papa's Replacement

Mel-ificient!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2020, 08:36:14 PM »

Chapter 1: Willow the Teenage Witch

Tohru: The black market? Are we in some sort of trafficking scheme?
???: ...no. It's called that it sounds cooler that way.
Taylor: I understand where the thing is coming from.
Tohru: I don't think calling it a thing is helping.
Taylor: That's true. Hey, who are you anyway?

The young woman pulled the hood off her cloak. Her radish-designed hat almost fell off, and she quickly corrected it and fixed the hat. She rubbed the back of her head and sighed.

Radlynn: My name is Radlynn.
Taylor: I know you, I saw you at the Hot Doggeria. What are you doing here?
Radlynn: I'm the current Glorious Champion of the Neo-Flipverse. I'm supposed to help the rookies, and you're in an alternate universe of the Neo-Flipverse.
Tohru: So we are in an alternate universe of an alternate universe?
Radlynn: Yes. Anyways, I assume your goal is to get the same title as the one I currently possess.
Taylor: Mhm! We'll fight you right here.
Radlynn: Apologies, the Black Market is a pacifist town. We don't fight here.

Radlynn lets out a slight scoff, the leaf in the radish bouncing.

Radlynn: Anyways, you guys probably want to fight the first big boss, Sarge. Is that correct?
Tohru: Yup! Let's go, we can take them-
Radlynn: No can do. You can't fight with an incomplete party. You two need a full party to have at least a fighting chance
Taylor: I'm a brawler! I can take on anything!
Radlynn: This universe is different. You need to find a mage, an archer, and a scout to even step foot in the first boss forest.
Tohru: Hmm, okay! We should rest, this is a lot of information for Taylor, hehe!
Taylor: Hey! Can we at least get some food first? Sleeping in a weird cave cell makes me hungry.
Radlynn: Of course. I'd like to help you two, but you need to find a mage so that they can summon me at any time.
Tohru: Hmmph, stay in town, we'll be back!

Our calamitous duo heads down to the nearby pub. After ordering, they sit at the far side of the bar counter, away from all the drunken and irritating patrons. The two start small talk while grubbing down.

Tohru: I'm glad that we get to work together, Taylor! We are pretty good gamers!
Taylor: ...sorry, the only person I work good with is Chuck.
Tohru: You want to call me Chuck?
Taylor: No! You are so lucky we need to find a mage, scout, and an archer for our journey-

As Taylor was about to slam his empty glass of Purple Burple onto the table, they hear a soft-spoken voice.

???: Y-You guys need a mage?

Tohru and Taylor seemed stunned by the sound and peer over. The gothic, young woman was looking over at them. While most of the patrons at the tavern were burly and hairy, the woman seemed to stand out from the crowd. The girl was wearing a forehead crown with a skull in the center, and a large cloak over her peasant-like outfit.

Taylor: You seem familiar, too...
Willow: Well, yes. My name is Willow... we met at the concession stand, Taylor.
Tohru: Oh yes! I saw you sometimes! I'm Tohru!
Willow: Hello, Tohru... I just started my journey just like you.
Taylor: Okay..
Tohru: Sound somewhat interested at least, Taylor! Anyways, we would be so glad to take you on our journey!
Willow: Only if... Taylor is okay with that..
Taylor: ...fine..
Tohru: Lighten up a little bit, Taylor! I know we can't be bromantic with you, but we can be your friends!

Taylor was embarrassed by the sudden accusation of 'bromance' but attempted to play it cool.

Taylor: Just worried that we don't have any place to stay.
Willow: Don't worry.. I have an inn room above the tavern if you want to sleep there. There's two beds.
Tohru: There's three of us!
Willow: You can sleep next to me, Tohru.. I'm sure Taylor needs time to himself to think about his bromanc-
Taylor: Stop mentioning my bromance!

The next day, the three were standing outside the Black Market and walking to Radlynn's abode on the outskirts of the Black Market.

Tohru: So, Willow, how did you get here?
Willow: Similar as the stories you told last night at the inn. I was ambushed by some mysterious figure at the Forest of Shattered Dreams...
Taylor: Wow, we must be unlucky...
Willow: Fate could've brought us all here.. as well as the other two future members of our party...
Tohru: You can look at it like that! Haha!

As they arrive at Radlynn's place, they enter inside the living quarters and notice Radlynn chatting with four other members.

Radlynn: Ah, you guys have arrived. Well, it's time to introduce you to my champion team, so if you eventually get to the top: you'll know who you are fighting up against.

Radlynn: As you may know, I am the barbarian. You could guess from the sword.

Radlynn: Our ninja is Ninjoy. A champion ninja from the Pizza clan, and could slice your necks with one fellow swoop.

Ninjoy gives a cheerful wave before suddenly moving behind Taylor in a super swift motion. Taylor was unphased.

Radlynn: Our archer is Yui. A Robin Hood figure, and is able to pin point even the strongest of barbarians.
Yui smiles as she shoots at Tohru, taking off a single strand of her hair with her arrows.

Radlynn: Our mage is Drakson. The scariest figure of the Neo-Flipverse, and strikes fear into the heart of the determined.
Drakson doesn't wave and shoots Willow down with daggers, which made her shiver.

Radlynn: And our scout is Skyler. She's the newest member of our group but is an esteemed blacksmith. Our current scout, Scooter, is currently out cold right now. All Drakson's fault.
Drakson: She got in my way of my dark arts...
Yui: You literally attempted to trip her but knocked her out cold for a week.
Drakson: Whatever, whatever..

Skyler was the only one to give a formal introduction.

Skyler: Hello, you three. My name is Skyler, nice to meet you all.
Tohru: I'm Tohru!
Taylor: I'm Taylor.
Willow: ...Willow...
Skyler: I'm at the same skill level as you three, but my adept intelligence caught Radlynn's eye.

Radlynn pat Skyler on the back.

Radlynn: She's right. Anyways... Willow, come here.

Willow shyly walked over, and Radlynn recited a summoning spell. After Willow repeated the spell a few times, she stepped back with her team mates.

Radlynn: Got that down?
Willow: Mhm...
Radlynn: Alright. Anyways, I'm here for you guys whenever now, and my champion team: excluding Skyler, can always help you out on your journey.

Before Tohru could thank them, a messenger busted into the room, panting.

Austin: Champion Radlynn, we have an issue! One of the rookies has just been captured by a bunch of burgerzillas!
Radlynn: Ah?

As the champion team get ready, Radlynn looks at the new three.

Radlynn: You three are coming with. You need a combat tutorial anyway.
Taylor & Tohru: But we know how to figh-
Willow: Combat's different here now. Now we must work together...
Tohru: Ah, okay! Alright, let's go save the new guy!

⛧ Favorite Customers:
Spoiler:
⛧ Fan Fics:
⛧ Profile Pictures:
Spoiler:
⛧ FCs:
Kismala
Call me Raph
Restaurant Master

Keeping Q&A's alive

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2020, 11:02:54 PM »

Great part!

Weird Quotes:
perri should bomb Koilee lake
Matt and clover became dead after playing Sushiria with SoundCloud on the car
Kookie [Jul 12 12:28 AM]:   Next time I will fill your mouth with oatmeal and raisins. What do you think about that?
Breadstick [Jul 30 02:14 PM]:   Evelyn’s a B Toe
-Iced_Ibzy- [Sep 27 06:43 PM]:   i want to get hard
this is a weird episode of rocks' reviews & reactions
Gamerias Progress:
- Papa's Pancakeria To Go!: Rank 243 (PROGRESS LOST)
- Papa's Cupcakeria To Go!: Rank 229 + All Gold Customers
- Papa's Sushiria To Go!: Rank 184
- Papa's Pastaria To Go!: Rank 67
Overbord
Falling off all my ships
Forum Fanatic

Maui in KCP 2020

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2020, 05:32:57 AM »

'kay this seems interesting except the "death" part. They're in a video game world, so I'd suggest replacing it with "repeated KO's and respawns" because that would make more sense. Otherwise this seems really interesting and I would read

Please vote for Maui, Annika and Adomi in Customerpalooza! http://www.flipline.com/kcp20/10gy15tz185

magicmusic [May 21 08:33 PM]:   When I grow up I wanna be just like pickleric
BEST SHOUTBOX QUOTES:
haha birds, so bland -Hermes 2020
Rize [Oct 12 10:33 AM]:   bloody armpits

FIRST SHOUTBOX CONVO EVER!
Matt: Testing the new Shoutbox!
Flipline_Tony: Testing.
Flipline_Tony: Looks like no one's here.
Matt:  Cry
FAVE FLIPLINE CUSTOMERS!:
Top 10 male: Taylor, Chuck, Drakson, Hank, Cameo, Alberto, Kaleb, Doan, Rudy, Deano
Top 10 female: Ninjoy/Joy, Indigo, Willow, Wendy, Liezel, Olivia, Scarlett, Kayla, Ember, Tohru
Fav KCP 2018 entries (besides Annika):
Azariah (Mystic), Morrigan (Lilith), Bonnie (JakeZ), Scott (Pine-Apple), Rose (RoseKitty), Kassem (despite the fact that he's half blue-green colorblind), Treble (breadlord), Bellamy (SND), Chelsea (Paramore), Skye (Shawna), Ranulph (CupcakePsyducks), Alice (Algodethacon), Hazel (Zuki-Chan), Zack (DeluxePizza), Soufflia (lajoie), Chelsea (Paramore), Dakota (speedo)
fav customerpalooza 2019 forumer entries:
Sean (YellowPenguin), Enigma (Ninja Monkey), Myrtle (MintGold), Keiko (apocalypseArisen/Lavender), Donny (VVAVES/~JustAqua~), Walter M (Holi Toledo/forgottenusername), Nadia (Haseul/hyewon)
Forumer entry Runners-up: Rias, Obed, Rocky, Q for Quality, Poisoncrene, Kief, Ibzy
Fave KCP forumer entries 2020:
Natalie by Jay, Aiguo by Silver Shades, Kimi by Quvas, Vera by Rocky, October by Phil, Abby by Diddy, Zulema by Obed, Ammon by Loth, Julie by Keinko, Kenton by James, Kenya by Towers, Faye by Fleur, Aastha by Cocoa/Faith, Rodrik by Doodle, Christina by animatronix, Thiago by Almei, Duncan by Robbie, Braxton by Skeleboi, Rosabell by JEBZ, Cora by Ecopania, Eva by Silvermoon , Myrtle by Salt, Destiny by Pizzaccino, Mira by Rize, Lucas by Troublemaker, Anthony by Shawna
MY FLIPLINE FAN SHIPS!:
Yippy x Iggy, Chuck x Mesa, (Nin)Joy x (Dyna)Moe, Bertha x Pinch Hitwell, Boomer x Deano, Clover x Robby, Brody x Cameo, Connor x Lisa, Nye x Rollie, Kasey O x Daniela, Kaleb x Scooter, Gremmie x Sasha, Shannon x Duke Gotcha, Kayla x Georgito, Indigo x Hacky Zak, Hank x Wendy, Ember x Johnny, Peggy x Kenji, Liezel x LePete (temporary), Sarge Fan x Radlynn, Steven x Yui, Quinn x Jojo, Roy x Koilee, Xolo x Sprinks, Drakson x Willow, Taylor x Soundbord
My FC topic/info:
Possible entries for potential future KCP: Maui, Adomi, Annika
FC topic: http://www.flipline.com/forum/index.php?topic=20830.0
~DoodleNoodle~
Is a pot of noodles UwU
Restaurant Star

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2020, 05:44:08 AM »

I like this chapter! I wonder who the rookie is...

Feng
Goth Girl
Papa's Replacement

Mel-ificient!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2020, 06:36:19 AM »

'kay this seems interesting except the "death" part. They're in a video game world, so I'd suggest replacing it with "repeated KO's and respawns" because that would make more sense. Otherwise this seems really interesting and I would read

Thank you! I wasn't feeling the death part as well, but I added it as a precaution!

⛧ Favorite Customers:
Spoiler:
⛧ Fan Fics:
⛧ Profile Pictures:
Spoiler:
⛧ FCs:
Feng
Goth Girl
Papa's Replacement

Mel-ificient!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2020, 06:36:52 AM »

I like this chapter! I wonder who the rookie is...
Great part!

Thank you both!

⛧ Favorite Customers:
Spoiler:
⛧ Fan Fics:
⛧ Profile Pictures:
Spoiler:
⛧ FCs:
Feng
Goth Girl
Papa's Replacement

Mel-ificient!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2020, 07:22:16 AM »

Chapter 2: The Embers Within

While walking to the dungeon, which is serving as the rookies' combat tutorial, the three rookies have a short chance to make small talk.

Tohru: So Willow, do you know all the elemental spells?
Willow: Hmm?.. Ah, no... I only know earth spells...
Taylor: What other elements do you need to learn?
Willow: Fire, water, air, and paradox.
Tohru: Paradox?
Taylor: It's like the edgiest one. Drakson's primary element.
Willow: I-I would also like to learn paradox as well.

Drakson turns back to them while walking.

Drakson: Once your fear has been numbed to the core, I'll teach you the ways of the paradox.
Taylor: Do you always have to be overbearingly edgy?
Drakson: It's a personality trait.

He turns back to his team.

Tohru: Do you think we know the rookie?
Willow: I wonder if it's Shannon.. she always winds up wherever I go anyway.
Tohru: Hmm. I think it's Penny! She always gets stronger from her mistakes, and if she's asking for help, she'll definitely be the best of the best. What about you, Taylor?

Taylor lets out a sigh.

Taylor: Whatever...

The barbarian walks forward, away from the two girls.

Willow: What's his problem?
Tohru: He misses his bro...

They all arrive at the cave. The entrance seemed to seep ketchup and mustard, and bacon grease oozed beneath their feet.

Austin: That's where I saw them run into. I called more reinforcements.
Radlynn: Who might that be?
Austin: Two legendary members that partake in side questing.
Radlynn: Ah?
Drakson: I think she asked who might they be?
Austin: Sorry, sorry! Ember and Cameo!
Radlynn: The ones that work with your sister?
Austin: Yeah...
Radlynn: Alright, feeble messenger stand back. We'll take the majority of the Burgerzillas. You three rookies prepare yourselves for your first fight.

As a disarray of burger meat is splattered beyond the cave, the three rookies noticed two new faces. Ember, a powerful mage, seemed to be vanquishing Burgerzillas with her flames as Cameo, a quick-witted scout, pinned them down with his stick.

Tohru: Woah, they're so cool-
Willow: Tohru, look out!

Willow pushes Tohru out of the way of a Burgerzilla, hungry for their next feeding. Taylor eyes him down and runs at him.

Tohru: Taylor, wait!

Taylor was precarious and started to slash away at the Burgerzilla. He grunted and attempted to use all the strength he has now. However, after a few minutes of non-stop jabbing, he noticed that all he cut was skin off the bun.

Taylor: What? I could be destroy these in one swipe?!
Tohru: Remember, Taylor, teamwork! I'll distract the Burgerzilla with my swift moves while Willow builds her mana. After that, the pleasure's all yours!

The barbarian sighed but agreed. Tohru ran around the Burgerzilla, the enemy attempting to keep up and hop with her. Taylor peered back at the new mage, her hands forming orbs of green energy slowly. She seemed anxious, even more than usual. Taylor knew that Tohru can't keep the Burgerzilla distracted for long.

Taylor: You got this, Willow! Hurry before Tohru becomes a topping on the menu!

Willow nodded and closed her eyes, channeling inner energy inside her. As Tohru started to slow down, Willow shouted:

Willow: Sarcophagus!

Tohru grinned and jumped out of the way as a heavy amount of rock stalactites come towards the Burgerzilla, suddenly encasing it's lower half in rock, making them immobile. The sudden burst of energy out of the goth even caught Drakson's eye.

Radlynn: So rookies do have a secret ability after all.
Drakson: I've never seen that one before...
Yui: You haven't seen a lot of things, Drakson!

Tohru: It's show time, Taylor!
Willow: Was that a Persona reference?
Tohru: ...No comment.

Taylor jumped in and stabbed his sword into the middle of the burger, seeming to cut it in half like he was doing a cross section. With furious swipes coming left and right, the Burgerzilla was eventually freed from Wilow's sarcophagus and exploded into millions of pieces. Taylor panted heavily as Tohru cheered, hugging both the barbarian and the mage. Both were conflicted.

As everyone started to ease up from the battle, Ember walked up towards Radlynn, cleaning her sword.

Ember: An impressive rookie team, Radlynn. Reminds me of when we used to work together.
Radlynn: I saw potential in the barbarian and the ninja. And after this battle, the mage, too.

Ember turns back to Tohru hugging Taylor tightly.

Ember: Do you think they're going to part ways like how we did?
Radlynn: Don't be a Negative Ninjoy, Ember. Those two seem to have a death bond.
Ninjoy: I heard that!
Ember: Either way, they do they're going to have to fight us, too, right?
Radlynn: They'll learn when the time comes. Being caught off guard is how the three of them got here.
Ember: That mage seems to have a lot of potential. Mind if I give her my summoning spell in case she wants to learn some fire dances.
Radlynn: Be my guests.

As Tohru was handing out water to her two teammates, Ember walked over.

Ember: Hey, you three. Nice job working together.
Tohru: Hi, Ember! You did amazing with Cameo today!
Ember: It was nothing. Cameo's lucky he doesn't have a burn wound on him today.
Ember: Anyways, I want to speak to your mage. It seems by your special ability you started out as an earth mage.
Willow: That is correct, yes...
Ember: Well, if you want to learn some fire spells. Here's my summoning spell.

After teaching Willow her spell, Drakson ran over.

Drakson: Don't leave the god of no mercy out of this. I know you want to learn paradox, as well.
Willow: Ah, well, okay...

Drakson taught an overwhelmed Willow her spell. Taylor was pensive and turned back to Ember.

Taylor: Special ability? What does that mean?
Ember: Ah, it's an ability that no one else has.
Drakson: Fire Head is correct. As you guys saw in battle, Willow's Special Ability was Sarcophagus. No other mage, even ones as powerful as Ember and I, could ever cast that spell.
Tohru: Interesting. We all have one?
Ember: Yes. My Special Ability is Volcanic Eruption, in which I can make the enemies' floor where they stand molt into flames.
Drakson: And my Speical Ability is Noir Eclipse, able to-

Before Drakson could finish his sentence, Ninjoy gripped his wrist.

Ninjoy: Last time you tried explaining Noir Eclipse, you accidentally knocked Scooter out of the water.
Drakson: Fine, fine...

As they all conversed, Taylor seemed bugged. Tohru tilts her head before they suddenly hear Skyler's voice echo deeper in the cave.

Skyler: Guys, the rookie is alright!
Cameo: Really, who is he?

The nine knights walk up towards Skyler, who moved out of the way after bandaging the rookie's wounds. Taylor's eyes widened.

Taylor: Bro?

The summer loving gamer stood up and dusted himself off. It was Chuck, Taylor's roommate and best friend, also  wrapped up in this madness.

⛧ Favorite Customers:
Spoiler:
⛧ Fan Fics:
⛧ Profile Pictures:
Spoiler:
⛧ FCs:
~DoodleNoodle~
Is a pot of noodles UwU
Restaurant Star

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2020, 07:41:20 AM »

Did not expect it to be Chuck Laugh
Great chapter as always!

Kismala
Call me Raph
Restaurant Master

Keeping Q&A's alive

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2020, 11:56:33 AM »

Did not expect it to be Chuck
Agreed I didn't expected it to be Chuck too.
Great part!

Weird Quotes:
perri should bomb Koilee lake
Matt and clover became dead after playing Sushiria with SoundCloud on the car
Kookie [Jul 12 12:28 AM]:   Next time I will fill your mouth with oatmeal and raisins. What do you think about that?
Breadstick [Jul 30 02:14 PM]:   Evelyn’s a B Toe
-Iced_Ibzy- [Sep 27 06:43 PM]:   i want to get hard
this is a weird episode of rocks' reviews & reactions
Gamerias Progress:
- Papa's Pancakeria To Go!: Rank 243 (PROGRESS LOST)
- Papa's Cupcakeria To Go!: Rank 229 + All Gold Customers
- Papa's Sushiria To Go!: Rank 184
- Papa's Pastaria To Go!: Rank 67
Feng
Goth Girl
Papa's Replacement

Mel-ificient!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2020, 01:32:15 PM »

Agreed I didn't expected it to be Chuck too.
Great part!
Did not expect it to be Chuck Laugh
Great chapter as always!

Hehe!

⛧ Favorite Customers:
Spoiler:
⛧ Fan Fics:
⛧ Profile Pictures:
Spoiler:
⛧ FCs:
Feng
Goth Girl
Papa's Replacement

Mel-ificient!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2020, 03:02:18 PM »

Chapter 3: BBFS, Best Bros Forever

They were all walking back to Radlynn's house, and Chuck and Taylor were catching up with each other.

Taylor: How'd you even get here, bro?
Chuck: You weren't in bed, so I wondered where you went. I checked your game and attempted to look through your Personal Messages and I died.
Taylor: So you wound up here?
Chuck: Yeah, bro.
Taylor: Bro... wanna join our team?
Chuck: For sure, for sure! I played as an archer before I quit!
Willow: Bromance at it's finest...
Tohru: Biromance, more like it!
Taylor: Shut up, Tohru.

They arrive back at Radlynn's house, and Yui excitedly ran inside. Scooter has just woken up, and is hugging Yui.

Scooter: Not too tight, Yui! Drakson almost killed me!
Drakson: I said I was sorry!
Ninjoy: Under your breath where no one could hear.
Drakson: Still!
Yui: At least you're back again!

Radlynn smiles and laughs nervously, turning to Skyler.

Radlynn: I'm sorry, Skyler, our actual scout is back, so I'm going to have to ask you to-
Skyler: Could I join them?

The four were confused.

Willow: You want to join... us?
Skyler: Yeah! I'd want to learn from people around my experience. I get to pull my own weight then letting four of the best fight for me!
Radlynn: Oddly humble of you, Skyler.
Skyler: It all works out! They get a full team, and you have Scooter back.
Tohru: Welcome Skyler to Team Tohru!
Taylor: Uhh, no. Team Taylor.
Willow: Can we recommend Team Jackie, after my spider?
Chuck: Team Bros!
Skyler: I don't think we need a team name.

Radlynn: Anyways, you guys are off for the Forest of Purple Haze, where Sarge is located. Be careful, the waters are more treacherous than in that silly game you play. Good luck!
Tohru: Thank you!

On the way to the Forest of Purple Haze...

Tohru: So Skyler, when we set up camp in front of the forest, are you going to survey the forest?
Skyler: Actually, I wanted to refine Taylor's sword.
Taylor: Huh? My sword's fine!
Skyler: It's dull and worn out. The Black Market has cheapskates willing to get a quick buck out of some poor saps.
Willow: In this situation, Taylor's the poor sap...
Taylor: I know, Willow, I know.
Chuck: Hehe, gothie's got a point, bro.
Taylor: Whatever! What are you going to do?
Skyler: Simple. Refine it, coat it in some spare materials I have and enhance the handle. I will also repair Chuck's crossbow and Tohru's sais.
Chuck: Thanks, steampunkie!
Tohru: Double thanks, Skyler!
Skyler: My pleasure.

They set up camp in front of the forest, which seemed to ooze purple haze by the second. Skyler's camp was more steampunk than the other tents. The other four sat around the unlit campfire and spoke while Skyler's tent produced sounds of whirring and buzzing.

Willow: Skyler seems like a nice addition to our team.
Taylor: I'll say, she's enhancing our weapons!
Tohru: Which means we'll stand a chance in battle.
Chuck: Problem is, our defense seems low.
Tohru: What do you mean?
Chuck: Look, gamer girl, your ninja outfit is as thin as a Japanese schoolgirl, Taylor's armor is about to crack, and gothie doesn't even have armor to deal with.
Taylor: He's got a point. But, we are so far from the next city, and I'm not wanting to buy anything from the Black Market anymore.
Willow: What now?

A peppy voice seemed to be approaching them.

???: Did you guys need armor?

The four turned to see a blonde girl, seeming to have a light, but sustained knight's outfit on. She gave them a big smile.

Chuck: Who must you be, knightess?
Perri: My name's Perri! I'm the scout for Ember's team!
Taylor: Ah, we fought with Ember back in the burger cave. Why are you out here?
Perri: Our team is entirely independent. We only meet up during hard missions, or when we want a laugh and a few drinks at a tavern! Anyways, I was going to cut through the Forest of Purple Haze and meet up with the third most strongest person in this universe-
Willow: Who might that be?
Perri: The world's most beautiful archer, Scarlett! Her heart-shaped arrows can pierce enemies with one swift fire! It's amazing!
Tohru: Is her team as powerful as Radlynn's?
Willow: Or maybe Ember's?...
Chuck: Do they like pineapple?
Perri: Y'know what, here's a deal. I'll accompany you through the Forest of Purple Haze, and intervene if absolutely necessary. Then, I'll take you to Scarlett's team, is that a deal?
Tohru: Done deal!
Taylor: You were going to help our armor situation, too?
Perri: Oh, of course! I'll give you guys some of the best armor in the universe for free! But on one condition...
Chuck: What's the condition, knightess?

Perri's friendly smile turns into a dark grin.

Perri: You all win in a fight against me!

⛧ Favorite Customers:
Spoiler:
⛧ Fan Fics:
⛧ Profile Pictures:
Spoiler:
⛧ FCs:
Pages: [1] 2 3   
Print
Jump to:  

Sorry, you must have JavaScript enabled to use the Flipline Forum.