Pages: [1]   
Print
Author Topic: Flash Support Ending  (Read 695 times)
Pariah164
Sundae Master

Super High School Level Fanartist

View Profile
« on: October 17, 2020, 03:53:48 PM »

So, I booted up my laptop today and got a message that flash support is ending.

"Flash will be completely removed from all browsers by December 31, 2020, via Windows Update."

What does this mean for the Papa Games? Does this mean I'm gonna have to buy them for my phone to continue to play?
Masquerade
Time Traveler
Better Than Papa!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2020, 03:56:54 PM »

There is a way to download the games so you can play them after Flash support ends, but I am not exactly sure of the steps. I'm sure someone else will know, however.

Hello, I'm Masquerade!

Have Discord?:
Send me a friend request!: JK55556#1290 Smiley

Feel free to join the Flipline Studios Wiki Discord server! (https://discord.gg/QBzv985)
Pariah164
Sundae Master

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2020, 04:40:59 PM »

There is a way to download the games so you can play them after Flash support ends, but I am not exactly sure of the steps. I'm sure someone else will know, however.
I hope so. I don't wanna lose my games!
Kindred Spirits
A Lamb and Wolf, in One
Franchise Owner

Never One Without The Other | They/Them (Plural)

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2020, 04:45:41 PM »

I hope so. I don't wanna lose my games!

I think it's possible via checking the "get this game for your site" button on any game and downloading it, then downloading and using SWF File Player in order to open the game itself which should be a .swf file. You should be able to also play these offline.

Backups I think should also work but I have never tested that.

I think that helps?

There also is an easier method but I don't know the site.

Never One Without the Other
You know who you are, and I ask you to stop. I do not feel safe here because of you, so please cut the act. I will not repeat myself again. I'm so sorry I had to take matters in my hands and make this into my signature. If you don't, I will take action against it. Enough of your games.

Feel free to leave behind a message, though, I definitely will reply to it, even if I am not really around here much. If you want, do feel free to check the spoilers below for ways to get in touch with me too.
FC Archive Server Link AKA The Only Place I Work on my FC's!:
https://discord.gg/FNncm2xuZB - This is where I post updates and work on all my FC's, so join if you want!
Ianiant
Restaurant Pro

Am I doing this right?

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2020, 04:46:23 PM »

I think it's possible via checking the "get this game for your site" button on any game and downloading it, then downloading and using SWF File Player in order to open the game itself which should be a .swf file. You should be able to also play these offline.

I think that helps?

They work.

Pariah164
Sundae Master

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2020, 07:16:26 PM »

I think that helps?

There also is an easier method but I don't know the site.
Than you! This worked perfectly, once I found the option to download.
Pages: [1]   
Print
Jump to:  

Sorry, you must have JavaScript enabled to use the Flipline Forum.