Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 86   
Print
Author Topic: The Anonymous FC Tournament Season 9 (Season 10 Host!)  (Read 17146 times)
Visionary
FC/Comic Creator
Global Moderator
Restaurant Pro

Mood

View Profile
« on: February 28, 2021, 02:47:12 PM »

Season 8: http://www.flipline.com/forum/index.php?topic=70221.0

Hey guys! And welcome back to...

Meme by Zuko

Last season, James snagged his second AFCT victory with his FC Nelson, beating Revali's Otto in an extremely close match. Now, it's a brand-new season, and I'm sure we'll have a large crowd of unique and loveable new FCs coming our way! I'm Visionary, AKA Speedo, and welcome everyone to Season 9 of the Anonymous FC Tournament!

Why So Early?
First off, let me apologize for starting AFCT9 half a month earlier than expected. I will be in Haiti for part of April on a mission trip with my church, and therefore I won't be able to post new rounds since I'll be out of the country. Heck, I don't know if I'll even have internet! I'm starting this tournament a bit earlier so there won't be a week-long gap in-between rounds. Hope you guys understand!

Basic Rules
This tournament is simple, and it follows the same format as usual. Just like every tournament, we will have 64 contestants, facing off against each other without knowing who created their opponent. To enter in this tournament, you must send me two FCs, a male and a female, by sending a PM to me. However, (and obviously), these FCs cannot have been seen by anyone but yourself. At the end of this tournament, the creators of each FC will be revealed, so make sure you don't let anyone know who your FCs are or what's the point of the tournament?

Season 8 Finalists
Let's welcome back the eight finalists of Season 8 as they enter the AFCT Hall of Fame and cheer us on as we move into a new season! Welcome back Season 8 winner Nelson (made by James), runner-up Otto (made by Revali), Vance (made by Katakuri), Mei (made by Nikos), Marcos (made by Cinnamon), Evangeline (also made by Cinnamon), Jerriko (made by Dlsja), and Turner (also made by Nikos)! Uh... y'all good in the back of the line there? Cool, moving on.

Divisions
Keeping the tradition of previous AFCTs, this season's divisions will be represented by our eight finalists from Season 8! Nelson will be representing the Paradox Division, Otto will be representing the Reprise Division, Vance will be representing the Cowabunga Division, Mei will be representing the Shotokan Division, Marcos will be representing the Radiator Division, Evangeline will be representing the Crescendo Division, Jerriko will be representing the Alpine Division, and Turner will be representing the Cinema Division.

Special Prize
As soon as all 64 contestants are revealed, everyone is encouraged to send me their best guesses for the main contestants of the tournament (this does not include the waitlisted FCs, only the main 64). You don't have to give guesses for all 64 contestants, just for the ones you're certain on. The top three users with the most correct guesses will receive a small fanart of the FC of their choice.

Strikes
Like always, Season 9 of AFCT will include strikes. While the rules are concrete, major violation of the tournament rules will result in strikes that may result in your character being eliminated or the disqualification in further tournaments!

Sign-Ups
Signups are now closed! I will leave signups open for three days, 72 hours, and they will close on Wednesday, March 3rd, 2021 at 4:47 PM (EST). Last time I hosted an AFCT, the way I hosted signups went south fast, so hopefully this way will be much easier for contestants! I will accept everyone who signs up, as long as you follow all the directions. By the time signups close, I will send you a PM telling you if your FCs made the cut for the tournament, or if they will be shown in the Waitlisted FC Showcase. Those who did not have their contestants compete in Season 8 will have guaranteed spots, and those who had their contestants go far in Season 8 will have a smaller chance of getting a spot this season. PLEASE read all of the rules carefully before submitting. Thank you!

Signup Rules:
- YOU MUST SUBMIT VIA A PM. Reserves are not accepted; as long as you PM me before signups close in three days, you will be fine.
- You must submit one male and one female FC. If you submit one FC, or two FCs of the same gender, your entries will not be accepted.
- Your submissions must have not been seen by anyone but yourself and myself. Your entries will not be accepted if anyone else on the forum has seen them before. If your entries turn out to not be anonymous, the idea of this tournament will blow up and your contestant will be disqualified on the spot, so please make your submission super-secret. Please double-check if your FCs are anonymous to not mess up stuff when the tournament has already started.
- Do not send in any troll/joke entries, meaning no Basketball Heads or Purple Guys. Troll entry means your FC tries to imitate a famous character/person (like Mario or Billie Eilish) or any noun, or is made lazily and with no effort. If you submit a troll/joke FC, I will not accept it. Some people spend lots of time working on their FCs, and it will turn out to be a shame if their FCs win or lose unfairly.
- Do not send in a recreation of an FC, meaning no Demi Leighs. Whether it has been a contestant from a previous AFCT, or a normal FC that someone has made and shared around the community, I will not accept your entry if you submit a recreation of another FC.
- In the PM, you must include the following:
     1) The names of your FCs
     2) One or two PLP scenes of your two entries on a white background. Preferably without resizing your character, so this way, editing will be easier for me.
     3) A confirmation stating that your entries have never been seen by anyone else but yourself.
     4) Some information about the entry. I'm looking for things such as age, occupation, hometown, any fun facts, etc. It's nothing too important, it's just a way to provide an introduction for these FCs when they are first revealed. Please choose a city within the Flipverse, and don't send me an entire Flipdeck about your character since that will be too much info.
     5) Let me know whether or not you had contestant compete in the Season 8 AFCT. This will let me know to give you a guaranteed spot in the tournament. If you had characters in the Season 8 Waitlisted FC Showcase, just tell me that you did not compete in Season 8.
Tournament Rules:
- From now on, until the creators are revealed, do not reveal your FCs. In case you know someone else's entries, as well as knowing if someone participates in this tournament, do not reveal them either. This rule applies on this topic, in the shoutbox, in PMs with another forumer, or elsewhere outside or inside the forum.
- Do not make any "fake reveals" for other FCs in this tournament. Even if it does fool other people, it causes a lot of trouble.
- When people guess the creators of the FC in each round, be respectful of their guesses. Don't react heavily and don't start fights. Do not put too much criticism on one's opinion, some people may see these FCs different than you do. The same thing goes for tier lists, which I am allowing this season. If you see your FC on the lower end of a tier list, don't be angry at this person for their opinion. Again, "don't react heavily and don't start fights."
- When you give feedback for the FCs, don't be rude and try to write them in a respectful way without using insulting language. Do not use any offensive or inappropriate language and if there's anything that you see "off-track", please let the person who wrote know KINDLY.
- Do not advertise this tournament anywhere outside the forum. This will ruin the anonymity of the tournament, and it will cause other problems too, so please respect my job as the host and don't make things harder for me. The one and only exception for this rule is discussions in the Flipline Addicts server. While discussing is allowed, it does not mean the tournament's promotion is permitted too. I am not on the Flipline Addicts server, so if anyone sees anything AFCT-related that goes out of line, please let me know and I will take action.

Current Tournament Bracket:
Round Links:
Contestant Icons:
Have trouble remembering the names of dozens of new AFCT contestants? Check the brand new Contestant Icons to refresh yourself on who's who!

Looks like that's it! I hope you enjoy AFCT9, and may the best FC win! Smiley

Tier List (credits to ^Marrxl^): https://tiermaker.com/create/contestants-for-afct9-863256
« Last Edit: April 04, 2021, 09:48:21 AM by Visionary » Logged

Positivity Corner:
Hey! I know we're all living through tough times right now, but there is always hope. Things are going to get better. There is a light at the end of the tunnel! If you ever need a friend to talk to, if you need some advice, or if you have any prayer requests, my PMs are always open and I'd love to talk with you.

Weekly Bible Verse: How much better to get wisdom than gold!
To get understanding is to be chosen rather than silver. (Proverbs 16:16, ESV)

Just a reminder to drink water today if you haven't already, you deserve it! I love you all! Cheery
Visionary
FC/Comic Creator
Global Moderator
Restaurant Pro

Mood

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2021, 02:47:42 PM »

First post xP
(also a reserve)

Positivity Corner:
Hey! I know we're all living through tough times right now, but there is always hope. Things are going to get better. There is a light at the end of the tunnel! If you ever need a friend to talk to, if you need some advice, or if you have any prayer requests, my PMs are always open and I'd love to talk with you.

Just a reminder to drink water today if you haven't already, you deserve it! I love you all! Cheery
My Melody
Qualityghost
Restaurant Star

Haha pan go brr

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2021, 02:48:26 PM »

yeeeehaw

call me Qualityghost (or Quality/QG), Melody, Ustin, Sarge Fan, or Clancy. any pronouns
FC archive (big fat WIP): http://www.flipline.com/forum/index.php?topic=69474.0
FC Q&A + discussion: http://www.flipline.com/forum/index.php?topic=70686.0
Q&A: http://www.flipline.com/forum/index.php?topic=69593.0
Art requests (closed): http://www.flipline.com/forum/index.php?topic=71010.0
Creameo
Time Traveler
Better Than Papa!

Credit to DaniBifort and Super Boomen :)

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2021, 02:50:27 PM »

Awesome, looking forward to this season's entries!

Hello, I'm Creameo!

Have Discord?:
Send me a friend request!: JK55556#1290 Smiley

Feel free to join the Flipline Studios Wiki Discord server! (https://discord.gg/QBzv985)
ChurroSalesman25
Comic Creator
Restaurant Legend

[distorted bruh sound effect] - he/him

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2021, 02:50:37 PM »

The format alone is tempting me to join this time around... But I won't let myself. I've suffered enough

Freeform Movement inc. (the comic!)
http://www.flipline.com/forum/index.php?topic=67650.0
We've got an FC Q&A, too! Why not send some asks?
http://www.flipline.com/forum/index.php?topic=68614.0
Freeform Movement FC archive/gallery: http://www.flipline.com/forum/index.php?topic=67799.0
Uriel
thinking in a new name!
Papa's Replacement

And do the next right thing

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2021, 02:58:43 PM »

ok so I still a new one but I won't do bad things like last season because I didn't understand anything but this is my only stupid question of my small stupid mind

I have to reserve now or I have to send it now?

sorry for my stupid mind lol

Long Signature:
Hi there! well welcome to my world well now I have 2 worlds one is the depressive dark world  that well you know it but that's too dark so the other one is the yellow world the wolrd of neon and all bright yellow things that I love is my perfect world!

✘ Here is my I don't know if boring signature because I'm not much but well here it is ✘

- FC maker - FC tournaments maker - like doing arts - flipline fan since 2017 - he/him -

____________________My topics___________________

My Q&A

My characters

My tournaments

My arts

Favorite Papa louie characters

Spoiler:
Wylan B,Utah,Chuck,Kenton,Nevada,Whiff and more!

Favorite quotes
Spoiler:
This is the anniversary chart, not the birthday chart

Any suggestions for my name?pls say them here!

I've seen dark before, but not like this
This is cold, this is empty, this is numb
The life I knew is over, the lights are out
Hello, darkness, I'm ready to succumb
I follow you around, I always have
But you've gone to a place I cannot find
This grief has a gravity, it pulls me down
But a tiny voice whispers in my mind
You are lost, hope is gone
But you must go on
Can there be a day beyond this night?
I don't know anymore what is true
I can't find my direction, I'm all alone
The only star that guided me was you
How to rise from the floor?
But it's not you I'm rising for
Just do the next right thing
Take a step, step again
It is all that I can to do
The next right thing
I won't look too far ahead
It's too much for me to take
But break it down to this next breath, this next step
This next choice is one that I can make
So I'll walk through this night
Stumbling blindly toward the light
And, with it done, what comes then?
When it's clear that everything will never be the same again
Then I'll make the choice to hear that voice

(By Anna Frozen 2)
James
~ KCP20 winner ~
Better Than Papa!

~ k e n t o n ~

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2021, 02:59:40 PM »

Good luck to those who will participate!

Hey! I'm James! This is my signature.
✨ ~ kcp20 winner ~ scene maker ~ fc maker ~ flipline fan since 2011 ~ he/him ~ ✨
Thumbs Up

31.1.21 - Quinn
3.2.21 - Kayla
12.2.21 - Kenton
15.2.21 - Julian
24.2.21 - Quinn
5.3.21 - Kenton
25.3.21 - Kenton portrait
Quotes:
James [Apr 09 10:34 AM]:   I changed something in my nlue-green outfit
TTHS [Apr 09 10:34 AM]:   Nlue is my favorite color
James [Apr 09 10:34 AM]:   Blue *
James [Apr 09 10:34 AM]:   Lol
Ianiant [Apr 09 10:35 AM]:   I'm wearing nlue right now. xD
Tamatim [Apr 09 10:35 AM]:   The color of mood is nlue.  :pensive :
James [Apr 09 10:36 AM]:   My username is nlue
Colour Scheme Creator
That can happen if he lives near the Arctic Circle
[Oct 16 06:35 PM]:   Rocky Road Ice Cream is a standard ice cream in Papa’s Scooperia unlocked at Rank 45 with Rudy.[Oct 16 06:35 PM]:   Ianiant Chip Ice Cream does not exist.[Oct 16 06:37 PM]:   Soup Mia is not a gameria yet.
The only way Destiny can enter SD is Pizzaccino to wake up with an amnesia and memory loss.
James [Apr 11 11:55 AM]:   /ma leaves
James [Apr 11 11:56 AM]:   Lol
Cacti [Apr 11 11:56 AM]:   Nooo
Cacti [Apr 11 11:56 AM]:   Why does Ma have to leave ):
I mean, Evelyn looks to be quite the rich woman of the Flipverse. All that fortune would mean a lot of hand sanitizer for Rollie to buy
Summer4ever is gonna become reality if we don't do anything about climate change
Put him in rice he’ll be okay
More like James!: When Facebookers Attack!
the fc must not wear any type of hair
bald fc's are not allowed
are the first three females triplets
TheSimpsonsFanAt8:00PM [Sep 28 08:28 AM]:   I mean you dont want akari to win so you cant be a clown
Nice.

My character is better
Towers [Nov 19 11:37 AM]:   maybe DELTA was the one who poisoned Cora /s
I made kenton in tamodachi life and i tried in the relationship building  kenton x lwfaustino  and the result was 96%
very cringe
Who do you think you're? Daniel Delta?
K.O. Kenten
ducky moinda
Visionary
FC/Comic Creator
Global Moderator
Restaurant Pro

Mood

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2021, 03:00:14 PM »

ok so I still a new one but I won't do bad things like last season because I didn't understand anything but this is my only stupid question of my small stupid mind

I have to reserve now or I have to send it now?

sorry for my stupid mind lol
I'm not allowing reserves, but you can send your entries anytime between now and Wednesday, which is when signups close. (check the first post for the exact time) Wink

Positivity Corner:

Keroppi
He/they
Restaurant Master

Please check my Q&A about pronoun stuff :)

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2021, 03:01:37 PM »

A meme made by me has been featured for two seasons in a row, poggers

❂❂ My Q&A ❂❂ http://www.flipline.com/forum/index.php?topic=44079
✾✾ My FC Archive ✾✾ http://www.flipline.com/forum/index.php?topic=67113.msg2418110#msg2418110
❇︎❇︎ FC Discussion ❇︎❇︎ http://www.flipline.com/forum/index.php?topic=65404
Discord invite:
Please PM me for the link to join Flipline Fan Characters, my Discord server! (This is just to avoid my signature collapsing.)
If you'd like to use my FCs for anything, please ask me first!
Uriel
thinking in a new name!
Papa's Replacement

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2021, 03:02:04 PM »

I'm not allowing reserves, but you can send your entries anytime between now and Wednesday, which is when signups close. (check the first post for the exact time) Wink
oki

Long Signature:
Hi there! well welcome to my world well now I have 2 worlds one is the depressive dark world  that well you know it but that's too dark so the other one is the yellow world the wolrd of neon and all bright yellow things that I love is my perfect world!

✘ Here is my I don't know if boring signature because I'm not much but well here it is ✘

- FC maker - FC tournaments maker - like doing arts - flipline fan since 2017 - he/him -

My Q&A

My characters

My tournaments

My arts

Spoiler:

Favorite quotes
Spoiler:

But you must go on
Take a step, step again
The next right thing

(By Anna Frozen 2)
Carrot
2020 User Of The Year
Food Critic

money bunni

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2021, 04:13:05 PM »

Awesome! I’m not entering but I’m sure the entries this season will be great and it’ll be fun spectating. Even better I finally got an FC to represent a division again, woohoo

TigrrTail
Franchise Owner

Dude, Positions Is A Bop Wym.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2021, 04:57:19 PM »

Ahhhhh

This is very exciting!

Long Signature:
i aM TigRr

Hello!! I hope your having a fantastic day! I’m Tigrr Or Back in 2018 I was here on the forum under Slider Studios! Thanks to all in the community Who are very kind to me I love y’all!

FC ARCIVE: http://www.flipline.com/forum/index.php?topic=70542.0

Jesus Loves You!
TigrrTail
Franchise Owner

Dude, Positions Is A Bop Wym.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2021, 05:00:06 PM »

A meme made by me has been featured for two seasons in a row, poggers

I mean you are the king a AFCT memes.

Long Signature:
i aM TigRr

Hello!! I hope your having a fantastic day! I’m Tigrr Or Back in 2018 I was here on the forum under Slider Studios! Thanks to all in the community Who are very kind to me I love y’all!

FC ARCIVE: http://www.flipline.com/forum/index.php?topic=70542.0

Jesus Loves You!
Visionary
FC/Comic Creator
Global Moderator
Restaurant Pro

Mood

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2021, 06:10:40 PM »

As of right now I have 6/32 signups.

Positivity Corner:

Uriel
thinking in a new name!
Papa's Replacement

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2021, 08:27:26 PM »

As of right now I have 6/32 signups.
cool but season 8 sign ups were more fast  Undecided qnyway we are gonna make this for wednesday dw

Long Signature:

My Q&A

My characters

My tournaments

My arts

Spoiler:

Favorite quotes
Spoiler:

But you must go on
Take a step, step again
The next right thing

(By Anna Frozen 2)
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 86   
Print
Jump to:  

Sorry, you must have JavaScript enabled to use the Flipline Forum.