Flipline IDS LLC (collectively known as "Flipline Studios", "Flipline", "us", "our", or "we") owns, operates, and provides access to the Flipline Studios website at www.flipline.com and the Papa Louie Arcade website at www.papalouie.com (collectively known as the "website"). Flipline IDS LLC also develops and releases mobile apps for phones, tablets, and other devices on the iOS App Store, Google Play Store, and Amazon Appstore.
2. Information We Collect
Information that we collect will differ depending on the app you are using or the section of the website you are visiting. We've listed below the information that may be collected in apps, information that may be collected in each separate section of the website, and information that may be collected on the entire website on any page.
On any page on the website, we may collect the following information:
- Information about your visit to the website in the form of web traffic analytics, which may include the type of browser you're using, the type of device you're using, the pages on the website you visit, and non-precise information about your general location or region.
- Information collected through cookies or similar technologies may be used by third parties in order to serve relevant advertisements on the website. Please see Section 4 to learn more about advertising cookies and your choices.
On the Flipline Studios Blog, we may also collect the following information:
- An anonymized portion of your IP address when voting in a poll or contest.
On the Flipline Studios Forum, in order for you to create an account and use the Forum, we may collect the following information:
- Information you provide to us for creating your Forum account, which includes an email address, username, password details, and verification that your age is 13 years or older.
- Additional information you choose to provide in your Forum account profile, which can include your gender, location, birth month and day, image, and instant messaging nicknames. None of this information is required, and is only collected if you choose to enter it on your profile.
- Information that you submit on the Forum in the forum of comments, topics, posts, discussions, signatures, and messages to other members. Please keep in mind that this information will be available publicly to other users.
- Your IP address when you access the Forum.
In our mobile apps, we may collect the following information:
- Your mobile device's Advertising ID (IDFA) may be used by third parties in order to serve advertisements within the app. Please see Section 4 to learn more about advertising and your choices.
3. How We Use This Information
The purposes for which we may use this information, subject to applicable law, include:
- To analyze the use and traffic to the website, so we can improve how the website is performing, maintain the services of our website, and protect the website and our users.
- To serve advertisements to visitors of our website and apps. Please see Section 4 to learn more about advertising cookies and your choices.
- For the Flipline Studios Blog, to enable us to provide polls where users can make choices for upcoming games, and to allow us to prevent fraud in this voting process.
- For the Flipline Studios Forum, to enable us to provide the service for contributing to the Forum, and to prevent fraud and abuse in the use of the Forum.
- For mobile apps, to serve advertisements to users of our apps. Flipline IDS LLC does not use or store any Advertising IDs directly, and this information is only used by the third party providers.
4. Third Parties and Advertising Cookies
You can read about Google's policies and how they use your information for advertising here:
You can choose to opt out of personalized advertising from Google by visiting the Ad Settings page in your Google Account here:
You can learn more about cookies and how to disable them in your browser here:
For mobile apps, third-party advertising providers may serve advertisements within the app, and may collect and use information like your device's Advertising ID to provide you with relevant advertisements when you use the app. Many mobile devices let you opt out of targeted advertisements.
You can learn how to limit Ad Tracking and opt out of targeting advertisements on Apple iOS devices here:
You can view the Privacy Policies of our mobile advertisement providers here:
5. Other Websites and Services
Our website includes the ability to "Like" or share our website or game pages through social media sites. If you choose to use these features, please view the separate Privacy Policies of these social media services to understand how your information may be collected or used by these services.
The security of your data is important to us, and we work hard to protect our visitors' privacy with reasonable security measures with appropriate confidentiality and protections. No method of transmission or storage is completely secure however, so we can not guarantee the absolute security of transmitted or collected data. For visitors using the Flipline Studios Forum, this account information is protected by a password, and we encourage users to choose a unique and effective password and to keep it secure.
7. Lawful Basis for Processing Personal Information
Data protection laws in the EU require a legal basis and legitimate interest for collecting and retaining personal information from citizens and residents of the EU under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Our lawful bases and legitimate interests for collecting and process your person information include:
- We have a legitimate interest in collecting analytics and measurements of the usage of our website to improve and maintain our website and services for our visitors.
- We have a legitimate interest in enabling data collection for third party advertisements in order to provide a more customized ad experience for our visitors and app users.
- It is contractually necessary to collect and process usernames, email addresses, password details, IP addresses, cookie data, and similar information to fulfill our obligations in the terms of service of the Flipline Studios Forum. Additionally, we have a legitimate interest to protect the Flipline Studios Forum from abuse and fraud, and this collected information is required to fulfill this interest.
8. Data Minimization
We take reasonable steps to ensure that the information we collect and process is limited to what is reasonably necessary in connection with the purposes outlined in this Policy. When appropriate, we will collect and process anonymized data rather than your full information in order to protect your privacy.
9. Controlling Your Information
Users residing in certain countries who are subject to the General Data Protection Regulation have certain rights related to personal information that is collected, including access to their data, correcting their data, withdrawing consent for processing data, and requesting deletion of their data. If you wish to access, update, or delete your personal information, please contact us at [email protected]. We may require information to verify your identity and confirm your country of residence before we can complete your request. In some cases, some of your information will need to be retained for legal purposes or legitimate business uses.
For users of the Flipline Studios Forum, you can choose to delete your account on your profile page. To request all of your posts be removed on the forum when you delete your account, first contact us at [email protected] before deleting your account to ensure these posts can be removed.
Please see Section 4 for more information about advertising cookies and how you can control your information in regards to advertisements.
10. In-App Purchases
Many of our mobile apps offer additional purchaseable content as In-App Purchases. When an In-App Purchase is requested, all relevant account information is sent to the store provider (Apple, Google, or Amazon) to complete the purchase, and this information is not collected by us.
For children using our mobile apps, parents and guardians should be aware that they can prevent unwanted purchases by requiring a password before in-app purchases can be made. Parents and guardians are responsible for maintaining security on their devices, as the store providers will not always honor refunds for purchases when proper security is not followed.
You can learn how to secure your device and prevent unwanted in-app purchases here:
For Apple iOS Devices
For Android Devices
For Amazon/Kindle Devices
11. Children Under 13
We do not knowingly collect information for any child under the age of 13, and children under the age of 13 are not permitted to register for an account on the Flipline Studios Forum. If you are the parent of a child under the age of 13 and have a question or concern about your child's information being collected on our website, please contact us at [email protected].
12. Contacting Us
or send your requests to:
3030 E. 63rd Street Suite 214
Cleveland, OH 44127
13. Updates To This Policy